Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If you asked this question in 2004, I would unblinkingly say Yankees/Red Sox. Consider how bereft of quality players the current Red Sox roster is, the Giants and Dodgers are clearly the better rivalry. The Giants just won the World Series and the Dodgers are very well going to be a contending team for years to come with the new ownership group and the massive influx of cash that will come in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    ....or it could just have something to do with the fact that the Cubs have been a non-threat for so long.
    Won 97 games in 08

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Won 97 games in 08 (best record in baseball)
    Those playoffs were fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    not for as long and it wouldn't have got the same coverage, and sure money would be donated but not as much, lets not kid ourselves. this is the way things have always worked.
    No one said he deserved to be beaten to death, just like if someone works with pyrotechnics you hope they never get burned, but if they do it is understandable,
    Why was Stowe alone? He was with 2-3 other people at that game, why wasn't he in an area with lots of people, most dodger fans wouldn't have let him get beat to death, they would have intervened, or the thugs wouldn't have wanted to do something with too many witnesses. If you put yourself in dangerous situations bad things will happen.

If you live with a crack head don't come crying when that person steals from you, I mean yeah the person shouldn't have done it, and you didn't deserve to be robbed, however, the only persons actions I can control are my own, so i won't put myself in positions with little control.
    He was being dumb and unfortunately got hurt, but he isn't holy, if the president of the united states can be mocked, if the catholic church can be mocked, if the bible or quran can be mocked, why can't he? People make Holocaust and 911 jokes, but Brian Stowe is untouchable? Why?
    This issue would just be as big if he was non-white. I truly believe it. To bring race into this is just stupid. It's about a guy who almost got killed. Why do we need to argue that it would be different otherwise? It's pointless and just not going to end up pretty.

I think Holocaust and 911 jokes are bad as well. I seriously don't see the need to make fun of Brian Stow and the situation. If this happened to your dad you wouldn't think it's funny and I'm sure would be pissed off if you heard a joke about it. When people say jokes like that they look pretty low. You trying to even reason why it's ok to make fun of the situation just makes yourself look bad. It's just not cool (as you can see by the response on PSD at least).
    Last edited by SFrush90; 11-11-2012 at 08:57 PM.

2010, 2012, and 2014 World Series Champions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_Monster View Post
    It's better rivalry now. Read the title.
    What? It's historically a better rivalry because of the close numbers and it's obviously a better rivalry right now, considering the dodgers and giants fought it out until the end of August. The Dodgers are now spending Yankee money to compete for a World Series that the Giants just won, is there any question it's a better rivalry right now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    There is not great rivalry in baseball right now.. Dodgers arent on the same level as Giants. And Red Sox have returned to also ran team.. Not that the Yanks have been unstoppable last few seasons..

Dodgers are gonna win the World Championship of Insane payroll soon if they havent already clinched it..
    True. No rivalry is fantastic right now because at least one team in all the rivalries isn't close to the same level as the other team.

Dodgers are not on the level of the World Series Giants.

Red Sox suck, Yankees are old (at least they made the Playoffs, though).

Cardinals are solid, Cubs are laughable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    We're bringing race into this now? If he was another race I'm sure everyone would be as concerned and outraged by this. Give me a ****ing break. That's such a ****ing stupid statement. There'd still be people praying for him, there'd still be people donating money to him, Barry Bonds would still be setting up a college fund for his kids, etc.

I haven't seen any videos, but even if he was talking **** (which is dumb), that still doesn't warrant a vicious beating that nearly ended his life and will never make him the same person or dad again.
    Exactly. It's like the trayvon Martin ****. The kid was a bit of a thug and a punk. Thats not arguable, he was a class ditcher, bad student (obvious even further since family is fighting to keep school records private), he wasnt a bad person it sounds like but he was still a bit of a teenage punk. He didnt deserve to be killed by any means but people had to make it a race thing. The actual crime itself was a racial crime. But the people claiming the only reason it got publicity was because he was black, that's ridiculous. It was news because a young boy was shot and killed in an extreme manner.

vCash
    Im also throwing out that while there isn't a ton of history as of right now their is more bad blood between the reds and cardinals than there is between any of these teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    We're bringing race into this now? If he was another race I'm sure everyone would be as concerned and outraged by this. Give me a ****ing break. That's such a ****ing stupid statement. There'd still be people praying for him, there'd still be people donating money to him, Barry Bonds would still be setting up a college fund for his kids, etc.

I haven't seen any videos, but even if he was talking **** (which is dumb), that still doesn't warrant a vicious beating that nearly ended his life and will never make him the same person or dad again.
    Exactly. It's like the trayvon Martin ****. The kid was a bit of a thug and a punk. Thats not arguable, he was a class ditcher, bad student (obvious even further since family is fighting to keep school records private), he wasnt a bad person it sounds like but he was still a bit of a teenage punk. He didnt deserve to be killed by any means but people had to make it a race thing. The actual crime itself was a racial crime. But the people claiming the only reason it got publicity was because he was black, that's ridiculous. It was news because a young boy was shot and killed in an extreme manner.
    Hate to break It to you but the media attention was entirely based in race.

They simply take the story that sells, period. Two white guys,two black guys, two asian or whatever, in the same situation would have been an overnight come and go story.

It is what it is.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Hate to break It to you but the media attention was entirely based in race.

They simply take the story that sells, period. Two white guys,two black guys, two asian or whatever, in the same situation would have been an overnight come and go story.

It is what it is.
    Race plays into everything to an extent in news stories like these. But no matter the race people would still be watching and sending prayers and whatever to these families.

Race matters a small amount, they will play things off to certain to certain races to make people watch but as long as they report it people will watch.

So hate to break it to you but race had nothing to do with it as far as people being captivated by the story, people would make the same amount of fuss if either of these cases were Asian, white, black, Hispanic or any other race. If a teen is dragged down and shot or a dad is beaten to near death at a baseball game, no matter what people will watch and care
    Last edited by Skippy15; 11-11-2012 at 10:48 PM.

vCash
    L.A., S.F.

Both teams are good right now. L.A. is in win-now mode with bottomless pockets and S.F. just won the World Series. The Red Sox are rebuilding and the Yankees are trying to get younger. This isn't a hard question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Personally, I feel that as of right now the Giants/Dodger rivalry is far ahead of the Yankees/Redsox rivalry in terms of fan interaction. It's looking like it's only going to gett worse in the future too now that both teams are looking to be really good in 2013.

vCash
    LA-SF is way more intense, just ask bryan stow. (no offense).

vCash
    Whichever rivalry spends less money is the better one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy15 View Post
    No, he got killed because of racial profiling. Sounds like you were privileged enough to be white, its something that people of color like to call "white privilege." When you are ignorant and discard issues of race and discrimination, you are blinded by white privilege. I did not say the guy deserve to get beat, but anyone can practice common sense. If I was a Giants fan attending a dodger home game, I would definitely not call out dodger fans.
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 11-12-2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: removed insult

!!!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast