Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 196
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    What does amount of Hall of Famers have to do with a Rivalry between two teams? I dont think there is a more hated rivalry in baseball then the Yanks/Sox, especially when the Sox were competitive.
    There's no measurement of hate between heated rivalries. Any random person can claim they hate their rival more. There's only history.

    As Lefty alluded earlier, to more HOF's, that just proves a point of a more competitive history between the teams. Both organizations are ranked #1 and #3 in organizational wins all time. Both are separated by only one World Series(7-6). They've played over 2300 games against each other, the Giants barely lead 1190-1166. You realize how close that is in over a century given span?

    Your also, not going to find a rivalry with as many back and forth spoilers. Both teams denying the other of pennant chases countless times. Coaches, players denying trades to play or coach the other's teams. Players hitting other players with bats. They've been cross town/cross state rivals since 1880.

    Definition of Rivalry:Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

    Your not going to find a closer rivalry than these two teams.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BadnewzNiners View Post
    You think maybe the reason why they're the highest rated games is because espn pushes those games like none other? not to mention every bar in the country has they're T.V.'s tuned to ESPN, Just because the game is on it doesn't mean the people are watching.
    no. they are the highest rated games because people watch them./ ESPN can push the game all they want, its still up to the viewer to actually tune in or not. yankees sox get tremendous ratings because people watch it, simple as that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    This.


    East Coast people don't understand the concept of Esat Coast bias.
    sure i do. i also understand the concpet of TV rating, which are very high whenever the yankees and red sox are televised.
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sanger, CA
    Posts
    1,339
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    no. they are the highest rated games because people watch them./ ESPN can push the game all they want, its still up to the viewer to actually tune in or not. yankees sox get tremendous ratings because people watch it, simple as that
    I beg to differ... This is not true at all... But in fact that the Yankees/redsox game gets so much attention is because of the time zones... A 7pm game is shown at 4 on the west coast while all of America is still awake... But a dodger/giant game is shown at 7pm west cost time while half of the east cost is asleep at 10pm there time... Has nothing to do everyone wanting to watch it or not... We don't have a choice because espn is biased towards the Yankees and Red Sox

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue24 View Post
    I beg to differ... This is not true at all... But in fact that the Yankees/redsox game gets so much attention is because of the time zones... A 7pm game is shown at 4 on the west coast while all of America is still awake... But a dodger/giant game is shown at 7pm west cost time while half of the east cost is asleep at 10pm there time... Has nothing to do everyone wanting to watch it or not... We don't have a choice because espn is biased towards the Yankees and Red Sox
    so? how does that change anything i said. i never gave a reaosn why, just that when the yankees and red sox are on, the ratings are high. people watch it, so they put it on. if people stopped watching those games, they wouldnt be on as much. the reaosning behidn why doens't matter to them, only the ratings themsevles
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    39,869
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgerBlue24 View Post
    I beg to differ... This is not true at all... But in fact that the Yankees/redsox game gets so much attention is because of the time zones... A 7pm game is shown at 4 on the west coast while all of America is still awake... But a dodger/giant game is shown at 7pm west cost time while half of the east cost is asleep at 10pm there time... Has nothing to do everyone wanting to watch it or not... We don't have a choice because espn is biased towards the Yankees and Red Sox
    I don't see how what pinstripe said is 'not true at all'

    They have the highest ratings because people actually watch them. They are constantly thrown on ESPN because it's what people want to see around the country.

    The Yankees have by far, the most fans in baseball. The Red Sox have the second most fans.

    The Dodgers and Giants have between the 4th and 6th most fans in baseball (Cubs are 3rd).

    You have the two most popular teams in the sport consistently playing each other 18 times a season, people are going to watch it.

    The Yankees and Red Sox are the greatest rivalry in baseball, Giants and Dodgers are behind them, and then the Cubs and Cardinals are behind that (at least in terms of popularity and money).

    It isn't because of the time zones. People make the effort to watch their two favorite teams on national television because they are playing their bitter rivals.

    ESPN furthers this rivalry by glorifying it, but it is easily the most popular.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't see how what pinstripe said is 'not true at all'

    They have the highest ratings because people actually watch them. They are constantly thrown on ESPN because it's what people want to see around the country.

    The Yankees have by far, the most fans in baseball. The Red Sox have the second most fans.

    The Dodgers and Giants have between the 4th and 6th most fans in baseball (Cubs are 3rd).

    You have the two most popular teams in the sport consistently playing each other 18 times a season, people are going to watch it.

    The Yankees and Red Sox are the greatest rivalry in baseball, Giants and Dodgers are behind them, and then the Cubs and Cardinals are behind that (at least in terms of popularity and money).

    It isn't because of the time zones. People make the effort to watch their two favorite teams on national television because they are playing their bitter rivals.

    ESPN furthers this rivalry by glorifying it, but it is easily the most popular.
    Jeffy, I usually agree with a lot of your posts but I'm sorry, your full of **** on this one.

    Where's your evidence that the rivalry is the greatest? Is it a great rivalry if the other one beats on them for the better part of a century? Giants-Dodger history puts almost any sports franchise rivalry to shame.

    Also, how can you say the time zones make no difference? Are you saying all people on the East Coast would gladly stay up till 1-2 in the morning to watch a baseball game? LOL Of course, the east coast ratings will always be higher!

    TV ratings is a sad example to prove a rivalry's better.

    Once again lets go over the definition of "rivalry".

    Rivalry- Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

    I don't see where it says, better rivalry is equivalent to ESPN's TV ratings.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    39,869
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    Jeffy, I usually agree with a lot of your posts but I'm sorry, your full of **** on this one.

    Where's your evidence that the rivalry is the greatest? Is it a great rivalry if the other one beats on them for the better part of a century? Giants-Dodger history puts almost any sports franchise rivalry to shame.
    Considering that the Yankees and Red Sox are not only the two most popular teams in the country, but economically, their games make by far the most money.

    And the Red Sox did win two championships last decade, and yes, the Yankees owned the Red Sox for the better part of a century, and the Red Sox winning last decade helps bring them closer to together. Their rivalry is easily the most popular one in baseball.


    Also, how can you say the time zones make no difference? Are you saying all people on the East Coast would gladly stay up till 1-2 in the morning to watch a baseball game? LOL Of course, the east coast ratings will always be higher!
    Sure, but that's not WHY the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is the greatest in baseball.

    TV ratings is a sad example to prove a rivalry's better.
    Why? How else do you want to measure the popularity of a rivalry?

    Once again lets go over the definition of "rivalry".

    Rivalry- Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

    I don't see where it says, better rivalry is equivalent to ESPN's TV ratings.
    If you ask anyone that isn't a Giants or Dodgers fan, they will automatically say, without hesitation, that the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry is the strongest in baseball. Even with the Red Sox not being so great right now, it's a very strong rivalry.

    When was the last time a Dodgers/Giants game wasn't sold out?

    October 2, 2012, under 35k fans.

    Even with the Red Sox not winning 70 games this year, they haven't had under 35k fans at a Red Sox/Yankees game since Sept 2, 2001

    I don't know how else you want to measure this, but people care more about Red Sox/Yankees games than they do about Dodgers/Giants games nationally.

    The two most popular teams in baseball routinely play each other, it's going to be most watched games in the sport.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,737
    vCash
    1500
    When the NY/BOS fans can carry on a thread for 23 pages arguing like SF/LA fans let me know

    In all seriousness, I think the SF/LA rivalry is better because they are so close in titles, pennants, battled in NY and moved to CA together, but when it comes to popularity, economics, fans the NY/BOS rivalry takes the cake. It's easier to appeal to a national audience showing the NY Yankees and Boston Red sox because everyone knows who they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Considering that the Yankees and Red Sox are not only the two most popular teams in the country, but economically, their games make by far the most money.

    And the Red Sox did win two championships last decade, and yes, the Yankees owned the Red Sox for the better part of a century, and the Red Sox winning last decade helps bring them closer to together. Their rivalry is easily the most popular one in baseball.



    Sure, but that's not WHY the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is the greatest in baseball.


    Why? How else do you want to measure the popularity of a rivalry?



    If you ask anyone that isn't a Giants or Dodgers fan, they will automatically say, without hesitation, that the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry is the strongest in baseball. Even with the Red Sox not being so great right now, it's a very strong rivalry.

    When was the last time a Dodgers/Giants game wasn't sold out?

    October 2, 2012, under 35k fans.

    Even with the Red Sox not winning 70 games this year, they haven't had under 35k fans at a Red Sox/Yankees game since Sept 2, 2001

    I don't know how else you want to measure this, but people care more about Red Sox/Yankees games than they do about Dodgers/Giants games nationally.

    The two most popular teams in baseball routinely play each other, it's going to be most watched games in the sport.
    Ahh didn't see your post
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    2,775
    vCash
    1500
    In terms of the onfield product there is no rivalry with Bos/NYY.

    That has probably been replaced, at least for this year NYY/Tor

    The Biggest most known baseball team in the United States Vs The biggest most known baseball team in Canada.

    Of course with the fans it'll be NYY/Bos.

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,559
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Considering that the Yankees and Red Sox are not only the two most popular teams in the country, but economically, their games make by far the most money.

    And the Red Sox did win two championships last decade, and yes, the Yankees owned the Red Sox for the better part of a century, and the Red Sox winning last decade helps bring them closer to together. Their rivalry is easily the most popular one in baseball.



    Sure, but that's not WHY the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry is the greatest in baseball.


    Why? How else do you want to measure the popularity of a rivalry?



    If you ask anyone that isn't a Giants or Dodgers fan, they will automatically say, without hesitation, that the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry is the strongest in baseball. Even with the Red Sox not being so great right now, it's a very strong rivalry.

    When was the last time a Dodgers/Giants game wasn't sold out?

    October 2, 2012, under 35k fans.

    Even with the Red Sox not winning 70 games this year, they haven't had under 35k fans at a Red Sox/Yankees game since Sept 2, 2001

    I don't know how else you want to measure this, but people care more about Red Sox/Yankees games than they do about Dodgers/Giants games nationally.

    The two most popular teams in baseball routinely play each other, it's going to be most watched games in the sport.
    It's to bad your completely missing the point.

    Your changing the point of this thread to popularity which has nothing to do with a better rivalry.

    For the third time lets looks at the definition of Rivalry. LOL

    Rivalry: Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

    If you know anything of the history between SF-LA starting in 1880 in New York, maybe you'd feel otherwise. There's no better balance between a back and forth rivalry nor team with the longevity than these two teams have.

    Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with what Rivalry means.

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amidst A Giants Dynasty: 3in5
    Posts
    33,053
    vCash
    1279
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    It's to bad your completely missing the point.

    Your changing the point of this thread to popularity which has nothing to do with a better rivalry.

    For the third time lets looks at the definition of Rivalry. LOL

    Rivalry: Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

    If you know anything of the history between SF-LA starting in 1880 in New York, maybe you'd feel otherwise. There's no better balance between a back and forth rivalry nor team with the longevity than these two teams have.

    Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with what Rivalry means.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,737
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by giantspwn View Post
    It's to bad your completely missing the point.

    Your changing the point of this thread to popularity which has nothing to do with a better rivalry.

    For the third time lets looks at the definition of Rivalry. LOL

    Rivalry: Competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

    If you know anything of the history between SF-LA starting in 1880 in New York, maybe you'd feel otherwise. There's no better balance between a back and forth rivalry nor team with the longevity than these two teams have.

    Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree with what Rivalry means.
    Actually, this is an opinion thread if you look back at the OP. Neither of you are wrong here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    In terms of the onfield product there is no rivalry with Bos/NYY.

    That has probably been replaced, at least for this year NYY/Tor

    The Biggest most known baseball team in the United States Vs The biggest most known baseball team in Canada.

    Of course with the fans it'll be NYY/Bos.
    it has interantional incident written all over it!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •