Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The SF Giant View Post
    The Astros wish they could be mediocre.
    hence my point of it being a rivalry for them
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    The Dodgers and Giants Rivalry started in April 18, 1883.

The Yankees and Red Sox Rivalry started in April 26, 1901.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodgers...Giants_rivalry
    Last edited by BKLYNpigeon; 11-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoLasAzuL View Post
    Whats everyone think is the better rivalry at the moment?
    It has to be Dodgers/Giants. The red sox have not even been in the playoffs for years now and have turned into one of the worst teams/organizations in baseball. The rivalry with the always in contention Yankees will be on hold for who knows how long. Too bad. It is barely even fun when we beat them now.
    Hope they get better.
    "Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

vCash
    Like someone said already the Dodgers and Giants fans really do hate each other... I live in Central CA, Which is covered in Orange and as you can tell I wear the Blue proudly... No NY/BOS game has ever had a hitter charge the mound and take out the catcher with a bat like Marichal did... Dodger/Giants carried over from NY when both teams moved West... Just nobody really outside of the west coast sees is because all sports channels focus on nothing but the AL East... 30 min shows you have 24 mins of Yankee/Red Sox highlights and fit 28 other teams into 6 mins...

The Giants won the world series but MLB TV, Sports Center and everything else wanted to talk about Bobby V being fired...

Dodgers/Giants hands down... THE BEST in all of sports

vCash
    its gotta be Marlins Rays
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benzni View Post
    its gotta be Marlins Rays
    the bloody battle for the lowest payroll!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Someone brought this up during the year...

but if you combine the number of HOF'ers for the Red Sox and Yankees... they are completely dominated by the number of HOF'ers for the Dodgers/Giants.

It's not even remotely close. Dodgers/Giants. But the media machines in the east don't pay attention to the west, nevermind that CA is the #1 state in the country both in terms of productivity and population.
    2012 World Series Champs Auto Checklist: Jeremy Affeldt, Javier Lopez (2), Ryan Vogelsong, George Kontos (2), Buster Posey, Brian Sabean, Bruce Bochy, Brandon Crawford, Sergio Romo, Barry Zito...

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 7chuck7 View Post
    It has to be Dodgers/Giants. The red sox have not even been in the playoffs for years now and have turned into one of the worst teams/organizations in baseball. The rivalry with the always in contention Yankees will be on hold for who knows how long. Too bad. It is barely even fun when we beat them now.
    Hope they get better.

Quote Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
    Someone brought this up during the year...

but if you combine the number of HOF'ers for the Red Sox and Yankees... they are completely dominated by the number of HOF'ers for the Dodgers/Giants.

It's not even remotely close. Dodgers/Giants.
    But the media machines in the east don't pay attention to the west, nevermind that CA is the #1 state in the country both in terms of productivity and population.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    What does amount of Hall of Famers have to do with a Rivalry between two teams? I dont think there is a more hated rivalry in baseball then the Yanks/Sox, especially when the Sox were competitive.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Hopefully they become competitive again.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Hopefully they become competitive again.
    Agreed, baseball is much more exciting for me personally when Boston is very good.

I cant speak for California teams as I've never been there, but I just cant imagine it better than the Yanks/Sox

Could be wrong though.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    this is gonna seem arrogant but i feel like the red sox yankees rivalry attracts a ton of people to baseball i mean look at the world series had the lowest ratings ever i think im not exactly sure why but it could be a posibility people would rather see the red sox and yanks battle it out for the american leagues championship more than most other sporting events. i would say La sf right now but in 2-3 years itll be back to red sox and yanks in the playoffs and both being very competitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    Agreed, baseball is much more exciting for me personally when Boston is very good.

I cant speak for California teams as I've never been there, but I just cant imagine it better than the Yanks/Sox

Could be wrong though.
    Hopefully Blue Jays Yankees can become the new rivalry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    100% false. yankees red sox games are normally some of the highest rated games out there. people are certianl;y ewatching, if most people didnt watch, the games would not get the ratings that keep them on. in reality people just bithc at the problem, while at the same time contribute to its cause
    You think maybe the reason why they're the highest rated games is because espn pushes those games like none other? not to mention every bar in the country has they're T.V.'s tuned to ESPN, Just because the game is on it doesn't mean the people are watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dtmagnet View Post
    Hopefully Blue Jays Yankees can become the new rivalry.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadnewzNiners View Post
    You think maybe the reason why they're the highest rated games is because espn pushes those games like none other? not to mention every bar in the country has they're T.V.'s tuned to ESPN, Just because the game is on it doesn't mean the people are watching.
    East Coast people don't understand the concept of Esat Coast bias.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast