Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Better rivalry now L.A.-S.F. or Bos-NYY ?

Whats everyone think is the better rivalry at the moment?

vCash
    LaSf
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Yankees-Red Sox has a higher ceiling, but there's more random vitriol between the Dodgers and Giants. Their fans legitimately hate each other, Yankees fans and Red Sox fans are just annoyed by each other.
    We're better than you
    And we know it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    Yankees-Red Sox has a higher ceiling, but there's more random vitriol between the Dodgers and Giants. Their fans legitimately hate each other, Yankees fans and Red Sox fans are just annoyed by each other.
    I dunno. I know some BRS fans that toast every time they get together near or on the day Munson went down in the plane... more out of general hate of the Yanks, then actual happiness over Munson it must be noted.

Basically you need both of those teams to compete to have it be any good. Like '03-'10. It'll be a few years before we see that again.

Funny that the NY rivalry would make it with a 400 mile drive, and the gentle weather and spirits out West, but sure enough they bring it.

Cubs/Cards would be really good if Theo can restore the Cubs to the ranks of the worthy.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    You have no idea then. I wore a Yankee hat to help my uncle move to the suburbs of Boston and A 70 something year old grandma walked right up to me a 6'3 man and cursed me out. Red Sox fans haaaaaaaate Yankee fans with a passion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will 2 BE View Post
    You have no idea then. I wore a Yankee hat to help my uncle move to the suburbs of Boston and A 70 something year old grandma walked right up to me a 6'3 man and cursed me out. Red Sox fans haaaaaaaate Yankee fans with a passion
    I've lived my entire life in Boston and I've barely seen times in which Red Sox fans escalated a problem with Yankee fans to the point of it not being good natured fun. Obviously it happens, but I see people constantly wearing Yankees gear in Boston proudly. Most Boston fans rib them.

But no question, there are plenty of people that have an issue with it and start fights. But that's not even close to the norm.

vCash
    Dodgers-Giants has always been the better rivalry historically.

Would you trust a blind scout? Of course you wouldn't but that's what you do when you simply go by stats
    Splifftone, OptiskeptSF and Ciaban have a lot in common

vCash
    Giants vs. Dodgers

totally crazy environment.

9. 11-11-2012, 04:44 AM
    Reason
    Not okay

10. 11-11-2012, 05:07 AM
    Reason
    Not okay, responses to horrible posts

11. 11-11-2012, 06:04 AM
    Reason

12. 11-11-2012, 06:09 AM
    Reason

13. 11-11-2012, 06:42 AM
    Reason

vCash
    Duck the Fodgers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jbeezy View Post
    Duck the Fodgers.
    Well I think there are not many comments to add. I hope the Yankees/ Red Sox will stay a rivalry while in this forum, the Dodgers /Giants rivalry will be a contest of insult... at least in this forum only. Now I use the Phil Jackson Mr zen attitude, when I am insulted, I insult more. Sun Tse " the Art of war", use your opponennent weapons against him.

Otherwise I met in 25 years around 100 Giants fans for real, and they all were baseball lovers, of course laughing at me when the Dodgers were loosing and I was laughing at them when we were winning. And we drunk beers together.

Now the Giants are the reference, the team to beat. They became the Champions with a team without the highest payroll at all, and far less talented on paper than the Tigers. But team wins versus paper.

But I hope Yankees/ Red Sox keep the rivalry the American way, the baseball way. When you imagine a Giant fan was cowardly attacked in the car park after a game by a group of so called Dodgers fans. An insult for all real Dodger fans. If you have a problem with someone, you deal with it one on one !

No, Dodgers/Giants rivalry is becoming like the European soccer rivalry I hate so much... Death are coming soon like in Europe.

2 years ago after a soccer game in Paris, a fan was going to be killed, only because a was a Jew. He is still alive thanks to one of the most courageous policeman in the world, with one gun versus one hundred people protected him and risking his own life.

I am very, very afraid it could and will happen in your great country too, especially when fans are so proud to use as a signature "F.. the Dodgers". I don't say that person is a violent man, but it's not a way to write in a forum, at least not an adult, mature way.

And it starts like that, and ends with 2 500 policemen for each Dodgers/Giants games, like each football game Paris vs Marseille in France
    Last edited by Blue french; 11-22-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    10-4 record at Dodger stadium !
    1-0 road record

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast