We have a good sample size of games to rate this team now and I thought I'd list some facts about the overall body of their schedule and how they would perform. Mack- this might not make them elite to you, but it should make people believe this isnt likely a fluke or a team playing at a level that isnt sustainable.
Impressive facts/ stats about wins.
1) Warriors are 16-8 more than a quarter of the way through the season. They are currently on pace to win 52-53 games.
2) The warriors schedule difficulty has ranked 13th in the league (strictly in terms of opponents overall winning precentage)
3) Its also worth noting that the warriors have played 63% of their season on the road and 37% at home. (On the other hand the warriors road record 11-5, is currently better than their home record 6-3)
4) The warriors are 5-1 on the tail end of back to backs. A stunning winning precentage even amongst the elite teams.
5) The warriors are 7-1 in games following a loss. This is an indication that they bounce back and go out strong. (Sign of a good team) Most recently- they went in atlanta and destroyed a top tier eastern confrence team on the tail end of a back to back following a loss.
6) The warriors are 13-0 when leading after the 4th quarter. The fourth quarter is generally the most telling indicater of being able to win playing solid basketball (as oppose to someone getting hot or a fluke happening). The warriors are not losing games in the 4th. - SIGN of a GOOD TEAM.
As of now, my prediction for the warriors is 48 wins and a 6th seed playoff spot. Clippers warriors first round....I think denver is going to leap us for the 5th spot and they will play memphis in the first round.