Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: how many wins will the warriors have

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 36-40- They are improved, but they will definitely have some key injuries down the road

0 0%
  • 40-45 This team has a legit chance at the playoffs if some things go right, but they aren't a lock

4 22.22%
  • 45-50 This is definitely a playoff team and should be thinking home court

12 66.67%
  • 50-55 they are only going to get better with bogut and the rookies improving

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How many games will the warriors win?

We have a good sample size of games to rate this team now and I thought I'd list some facts about the overall body of their schedule and how they would perform. Mack- this might not make them elite to you, but it should make people believe this isnt likely a fluke or a team playing at a level that isnt sustainable.

Impressive facts/ stats about wins.

1) Warriors are 16-8 more than a quarter of the way through the season. They are currently on pace to win 52-53 games.

2) The warriors schedule difficulty has ranked 13th in the league (strictly in terms of opponents overall winning precentage)

3) Its also worth noting that the warriors have played 63% of their season on the road and 37% at home. (On the other hand the warriors road record 11-5, is currently better than their home record 6-3)

4) The warriors are 5-1 on the tail end of back to backs. A stunning winning precentage even amongst the elite teams.

5) The warriors are 7-1 in games following a loss. This is an indication that they bounce back and go out strong. (Sign of a good team) Most recently- they went in atlanta and destroyed a top tier eastern confrence team on the tail end of a back to back following a loss.

6) The warriors are 13-0 when leading after the 4th quarter. The fourth quarter is generally the most telling indicater of being able to win playing solid basketball (as oppose to someone getting hot or a fluke happening). The warriors are not losing games in the 4th. - SIGN of a GOOD TEAM.

As of now, my prediction for the warriors is 48 wins and a 6th seed playoff spot. Clippers warriors first round....I think denver is going to leap us for the 5th spot and they will play memphis in the first round.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    I think they win 46 games and finish as a 6/7 seed. The west is still good, but not like past years where the 8 seed finished with around 50 wins.

vCash
    its going to be tough. dallas gets dirk back soon. minnesota just got rubio back. nash will be back soon. but hopefully we get bogut back soon.

i'll be happy with 46-48 wins. i think the west will finish like this:

okc
    spurs
    clippers
    grizzlies
    timberwolves
    warriors
    nuggets
    lakers
    ---------
    utah
    dallas
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    I bet Utah hatn lol more wins we get the higher their draft pick they get ahahahaa

vCash
    Love that Utah is getting screwed

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Good analysis btw

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    We have a good sample size of games to rate this team now and I thought I'd list some facts about the overall body of their schedule and how they would perform. Mack- this might not make them elite to you, but it should make people believe this isnt likely a fluke or a team playing at a level that isnt sustainable.

Impressive facts/ stats about wins.

1) Warriors are 16-8 more than a quarter of the way through the season. They are currently on pace to win 52-53 games.

2) The warriors schedule difficulty has ranked 13th in the league (strictly in terms of opponents overall winning precentage)

3) Its also worth noting that the warriors have played 63% of their season on the road and 37% at home. (On the other hand the warriors road record 11-5, is currently better than their home record 6-3)

4) The warriors are 5-1 on the tail end of back to backs. A stunning winning precentage even amongst the elite teams.

5) The warriors are 7-1 in games following a loss. This is an indication that they bounce back and go out strong. (Sign of a good team) Most recently- they went in atlanta and destroyed a top tier eastern confrence team on the tail end of a back to back following a loss.

6) The warriors are 13-0 when leading after the 4th quarter. The fourth quarter is generally the most telling indicater of being able to win playing solid basketball (as oppose to someone getting hot or a fluke happening). The warriors are not losing games in the 4th. - SIGN of a GOOD TEAM.

As of now, my prediction for the warriors is 48 wins and a 6th seed playoff spot. Clippers warriors first round....I think denver is going to leap us for the 5th spot and they will play memphis in the first round.

Doesnt everybody win when leading after the 4th quarter?? LOL

vCash
    Apparently not the bad teams...

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.SmackYoMama View Post
    Doesnt everybody win when leading after the 4th quarter?? LOL
    sorry, i meant leading going into the 4th quarter.

vCash
    I don't want to make any predictions... but they are on a good pace for a playoff spot.

vCash
    I'm gonna say 54.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    I think they win 46 games and finish as a 6/7 seed. The west is still good, but not like past years where the 8 seed finished with around 50 wins.
    There hasn't been that much of a drop off though. Teams in the West are still going to need to win around 48 games to secure a playoff spot. So I think it will still be tough, plus we haven't been hit with our annual injury plague yet that we seem to always go through. Even though losing Rush was a large blow to the bench production and we haven't really had Bogut back, a lot can change over the next few months. However, with the way we are playing right now, if we stay healthy, I can see us winning around 50 games and locking up a 5th or 6th seed.
    Last edited by GSWJunkie; 12-17-2012 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    And I still think we finish as the fifth seed.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GSWJunkie View Post
    There hasn't been that much of a drop off though. Teams in the West are still going to need to win around 48 games to secure a playoff spot.

Actually the western confrence has dropped off in the middle of the confrence. Teams like Utah, Dallas, Portland have all dropped off but they still arent horrible.

Teams like the Hornets and the Suns have become horrible. Then there are teams like the clippers, t wolves and the warriors who are looking better. We are in the middle of a lot of teams making shifts- and in the mean time there should be some very competitive basketball games between teams below the top 4 in the confrence. I think this is going to lead to fewer wins amongst the bottom 2 or 3 playoff spots than 4 or 5 yrs ago when it was taking 48-50 to get in. I think the number will be more like 45 this yr. But I think there will be a lot of teams between 37-43 wins

The difference between the 10th-11th seed and the 7th and 8th wont be that far apart this yr

So I think it will still be tough, plus we haven't been hit with our annual injury plague yet that we seem to always go through.Even though losing Rush was a large blow to the bench production and we haven't really had Bogut back, a lot can change over the next few months. However, with the way we are playing right now, if we stay healthy, I can see us winning around 50 games and locking up a 5th or 6th seed.
    Im really hoping we get bogut back sometime late this month or early next month for a bit of a boost as the schedule gets tuffer.... but the fact that I havent been hearing anything on his status the last 2 or 3 weeks makes me think him and the warriors might have given up on him coming back

vCash
    I'm gonna say 54.
    would be a season for the ages. If this team finishes over 50 wins, mark jackson gets a look at for coach of the year.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast