Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bourn

vCash
    Personally think all pitching will come from within this year . We still have all five starters from last year and we're just swapping Rondon for Valverde in the bullpen. If anything we'll add somebody during spring training(cheaply) or before the trade deadline. As for the lineup it's backup catcher and corner outfield/utility as our obvious needs. Everyone has been talking T. Hunter or M.Cabrera either would be great. So whats the outlook at catcher. Avila won't be able to handle it with his knees already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    Personally think all pitching will come from within this year . We still have all five starters from last year and we're just swapping Rondon for Valverde in the bullpen. If anything we'll add somebody during spring training(cheaply) or before the trade deadline. As for the lineup it's backup catcher and corner outfield/utility as our obvious needs. Everyone has been talking T. Hunter or M.Cabrera either would be great. So whats the outlook at catcher. Avila won't be able to handle it with his knees already.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they re-sign Laird. Nobody is going to offer him a long term deal or even a starting role, so i could see him just staying put (which i wouldn't mind, he's a great veteran back-up for Avila).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    We don't have all 5 starters from last year because Sanchez is a free agent. Looks like he wants a sizable contract and other teams are after him, so I'm not sure we resign him. I thought about us trying to sign Napoli but I'm not sure how that dynamic would work with Avila, trying to make sure both get enough playing time to keep them happy. Plus Napoli will be looking for a pretty big contract. I wouldn't have a problem just resigning Laird.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattpaw24 View Post
    We don't have all 5 starters from last year because Sanchez is a free agent. Looks like he wants a sizable contract and other teams are after him, so I'm not sure we resign him. I thought about us trying to sign Napoli but I'm not sure how that dynamic would work with Avila, trying to make sure both get enough playing time to keep them happy. Plus Napoli will be looking for a pretty big contract. I wouldn't have a problem just resigning Laird.
    1. JV
    2. DF
    3. Max
    4. RP
    5. Smyly

Napoli is as much a 1B as a catcher which is the last thing the Tigers need. If Laird resigns I'm sure it will only be after he is sure he can't find a starting gig somewhere else.

vCash
    We all know how the starting gig works out for Laird lmao

vCash
    I've got a bad feeling Hunter signs with the Rangers, I guess he lives very close to their ballpark, and they will likely be just as agressive as us with Hamilton leaving.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I've got a bad feeling Hunter signs with the Rangers, I guess he lives very close to their ballpark, and they will likely be just as agressive as us with Hamilton leaving.
    His son goes to Notre Dame so he might want to be closer to him plus reports say we are the front runner for him.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I'd prefer Hunter or Melky
    I would like to see both...

vCash
    Both Hunter and Melky with Dirks as our 4th outfielder would be awesome. Now that's the kind of greediness that would compare to the old Yankees but I like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    His son goes to Notre Dame so he might want to be closer to him plus reports say we are the front runner for him.
    His son will go to Notre Dame next September but not yet, and his other son is still in high school.

vCash
    If we are the front runners then we won't get him. We only seem to get the guys that we come out of nowhere on. Although he would be my first choice to get. I like it because then he can be our stopgap for a coulple of years for nick or avisial. I would like to make a trade with one of our OF specs for a decent SS prospect though.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    If we are the front runners then we won't get him. We only seem to get the guys that we come out of nowhere on. Although he would be my first choice to get. I like it because then he can be our stopgap for a coulple of years for nick or avisial. I would like to make a trade with one of our OF specs for a decent SS prospect though.
    I agree, obviously Texas has depth there but I believe Atlanta has 2 really good SS prospects as well, and I would still love to get Prado in a Tigers uni.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I agree, obviously Texas has depth there but I believe Atlanta has 2 really good SS prospects as well, and I would still love to get Prado in a Tigers uni.
    I've wanted Prado to come to the Tigers ever since they got rid of Polanco. I would LOVE to see DD pull off one of his famous out of nowhere deals for him.

vCash
    I don't get the love for Bourn. He is Carl Crawford ver 2 without previous power. I'll pass because his contract will be an albatross after his 3rd season.

Give me Ichiro or Hunter on a 1 year deal while Nick and Avisail mature in the minors.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    All I'm saying is Dirks did great for us last year. Garcia should be ready at some point this year. Castellanos is supposed to be great for us and we changed his position to a less valuable position for a reason.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast