Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    **** Mathews is a true Warrior, he is already coming back.

vCash
    Mathews gets hurt and goes to locker room and we don't score a single FG, Mathews comes back and suddenly we get going again. He is more then just box score, he is a leader and the heart of this team.

vCash
    ronnie price sucks

vCash
    reallly like hickson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Another record Lillard obtains.
    The other night against the Clippers I noticed he didnt breakdown the defense by pentrating and he seemed to pass the ball off to another wing as soon as the defense came at him almost all game long and it made the Blazers either take long J's or the offense was stagnate.
    We all know he can shoot but his game will really take off when he regularly can penetrate opening the floor for teammates (more assists) and better oportunities for himself especially from the line.
    Also he needs to work on his D because he got blow by by both Paul and Bledsoe regularly.
    Im bringing these up tonight because I couldnt post the other night and we were talking about him and debating when he could make the allstar team. Well those are the things that he will need to work on to take his game to that level.

On the flipside he has already proved that all other areas are right on track for us to have that kind of discussion about him already. Im quite impressed with his play and what I see for him and the future of the Blazers with him running the show in Portland. I know Lilliard is quite capable breaking down defenses but he really needs to draw the D in more often and especially late in games to keep everybody involved and it also helps by getting the other team into the penalty which makes for easy points.

Its pretty easy to predict Lilliard to be a 20 plus a game scorer but to be consistent yr in yr out in assists he will need to drive the lane alot more. He's only 6 games in so Im quite sure he will start to figure that out in the near future because he's a true baller and he's smart and patient.

vCash
    Tough loss for the Blazers but there will be alot more of those because we have a young inexperienced bench.
    Dont really care to much anyway because the Ducks crushed again and I all I know is if they make it to the National championship game Im going no matter what.

I didnt expect the Blazers to turn heads in the win column this yr but as long as the key components get the playing time they need and Batum takes his game to new heights and learns how to be consistent then this season will be a huge success IMO.
    I really want the Blazers to be able to keep their 1st rd pick this yr because it would be huge to add another top player to the team or highly useful in a trade at draft time So Im kinda all about next season in the W and L's with an eye on the playoffs but this yr is more about watching Lilliard and Leonard grow into solid NBA players for me and I hate to say it but Im not gonna get to exited about anything else besides player stats, Lilliard getting ROY and Aldridge and a very longshot Batum making the allstar game. My big picture is Leonard starting by next season, Hickson and Matthews to the bench, 13 million in capspace to add some good talent( a topflight SG and a solid vet ctr to backup Leonard so Hickson can back LMA), a top 13 pick and hopefully a steal of a trade at the deadline for some of our young bench players. Kinda early in the season for this but thats where my mind is at for this team. FYI I dont want to see any tanking but for the 1st time in my life I just want to see those things out of the Blazers this yr and Im cool with this season.
    If all that happens this team will be back in the picture next season for a top 3 or 4 playoff seed and should be able to be a 2nd rd playoff team and possibly an appearance in the WCF's if they get that SG by next season).
    Last edited by blazerman; 11-11-2012 at 03:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerman View Post
    Tough loss for the Blazers but there will be alot more of those because we have a young inexperienced bench.
    Dont really care to much anyway because the Ducks crushed again and I all I know is if they make it to the National championship game Im going no matter what.

I didnt expect the Blazers to turn heads in the win column this yr but as long as the key components get the playing time they need and Batum takes his game to new heights and learns how to be consistent then this season will be a huge success IMO.
    I really want the Blazers to be able to keep their 1st rd pick this yr because it would be huge to add another top player to the team or highly useful in a trade at draft time So Im kinda all about next season in the W and L's with an eye on the playoffs but this yr is more about watching Lilliard and Leonard grow into solid NBA players for me and I hate to say it but Im not gonna get to exited about anything else besides player stats, Lilliard getting ROY and Aldridge and a very longshot Batum making the allstar game. My big picture is Leonard starting by next season, Hickson and Matthews to the bench, 13 million in capspace to add some good talent( a topflight SG and a solid vet ctr to backup Leonard so Hickson can back LMA), a top 13 pick and hopefully a steal of a trade at the deadline for some of our young bench players. Kinda early in the season for this but thats where my mind is at for this team. FYI I dont want to see any tanking but for the 1st time in my life I just want to see those things out of the Blazers this yr and Im cool with this season.
    If all that happens this team will be back in the picture next season for a top 3 or 4 playoff seed and should be able to be a 2nd rd playoff team and possibly an appearance in the WCF's if they get that SG by next season).
    I feel yah on all of that Blazerman

I was at the game tough loss but Batum demanding the ball was all over the place, its hard to get behind this bunch... they play hard if we can pull to .500 after these next 10 games I would be pumped. Either way I like the direction of our franchise.

Batum is just getting started in filling up the box scores too.. more steals, 3s, blocks to come

vCash
    Mathews needs to stay starter. We do not need a top flight SG, that will **** us up. Can't have PG, SG, SF, and PF like that. Can only have up to 3 or **** breaks down. We need Hickson and a wing who can score efficiently and does not play out of control. Give us those two things and we easily make the playoffs this year.

vCash
    hard thing is making a move without sacrificing our cap space for next year and have assets worth while for the other team.

Unless we can get an absolute star, i would love to sit tight, ride this season out and get a top 10 pick with 13 mil this summer, and over pay (because we have to) for someone like OJ mayo, monta ellis, tyreke evans etc etc, someone who can come off the bench and create for himself and run the offense.

vCash
    No to Ellis, No to Evans, they would be Felton 2.0 only worse. We need someone who can score efficiently! Someone who is willing to be 6th man. I don't think Mayo will agree to be a 6th man and I know Ellis would burn down the RG. We need 2 solid bench players who can average at LEAST 8 points each while scoring efficiently and every now and again can blow up the scoreboard if starters have an off night.

This is what happened with Felton. You can't just plug in a player and expect it to work. We have to look into roles and chemistry. What the players are looking for, not just what they say they can accept but what they can really do without getting upset and creating problems in the locker room. Don't kill our upside and future because you saw one these guys play once and thought "We Dang would be nice see them in Blazer uni!". That is what kills us!

vCash
    A person I would like is Jordan Hamilton. His numbers don't blow up when look at them but he is only playing less then 10 a game while shooting 50% and a PER of over 28. He is a SF/SG who is 6'7 and is only 22. I don't know Nuggets plans for him but they are loaded.

vCash
    I can budge with you saying Ellis could back fire, but it also has been obvious he can distribute and play within a system the last two years. But may it be a bad example, but it is just that an example.

Evans can attack the rim, rebound, distribute and defend, can play 3 positions and isn't demanding the ball like an Ellis has (arguably the 3rd option is sac town). And mayo who I think we all agree would be great on this team, and my first option.

We know Olshey is looking for a big signing, he has foreshadowed it for a while. I don't think we are looking for a Jordan Hamilton or another teams 7th or 8th guy with our cap space. Not saying we won't sign a couple, but I get the feeling we are looking for a guy who can go off for 20 any given night off the bench, avg 12 to 14 a game.

A GOOD basketball team has 8 good players in a rotation. We have 5 1/2 ( Leonard is growing but his positioning on defense kills us at times). Plus hickson is a FA next summer. so let's say Leonard becomes a legit rotational guy (I think he will be there by end of this year). We need 3 more for next year. With 13 mil and a lotto first... Can we?

vCash
    Firstly you are under rating Hamilton.

Secondly Evans is the least efficient scorer in the NBA. He is awful and scoring which is the thing we need most from the bench. I am also not sure he would be willing to be a 6th man. He has been vocal about his frustration over lack of being the IT man for the Kings.

Mayo would be PERFECT however I believe with 100% certainty that he will be resigned by Mavs and a MAJOR part of the franchise going forward.

vCash
    I'm not underestimating Hamilton. They guy can shoot, he was for a brief instant a blazer, I've seen A LOT of his games going back to college. But my point is, Olshey is looking for a big singing, a marquee one, it was very evident this summer and in his conferences.

Evans is playing crappy right now, but career 18 ppg 44%FG with 5 assists and 5 rbs is not the worst efficiency in the nba... C'mon. Look at his true shooting percentages too. The guy gets to the foul line, defends, and plays 3 positions. He would compliment lillard.

And we agree to disagree. Mayo will be mavsback up to back up plan. They have made it known they want an A lister. Hence why they sied him to a ONE year deal

vCash
    They want josh smith, Chris Paul or Dwight. If they strike out then mayo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast