Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    This season is Mayo's audition and thus far he is blowing Cuban away.

vCash
    I believe they will get Mayo back and bring in Josh Smith which for the record would be exciting to watch.

vCash
    For the record I am all good with agree to disagree. So often on PSD people reach point where is no changing one another minds but instead of recognizing that and moving on get stuck in a back and forth.

vCash
    Yeah we all see different things and view players different and that's the main purpose is to come here and converse about it. Not upset in the slightest, just view mayos situation and Evans as a player differently than you.

vCash
    how about mikael pietrus just for this year? he is still out there. we can sign him to a one year deal. Help with depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Mathews needs to stay starter. We do not need a top flight SG, that will **** us up. Can't have PG, SG, SF, and PF like that. Can only have up to 3 or **** breaks down. We need Hickson and a wing who can score efficiently and does not play out of control. Give us those two things and we easily make the playoffs this year.
    First off, Batum is very inconsistent and has never proved to be a go to guy in the clutch or other wise. His best asset is his defense and 3pt shooting. He should improve but just because he inked a big contract doesnt mean much til he shows his worth on the court on a nightly basis.

I seriously hope you dont think Hickson is anything more than a stop gap at ctr. He is a solid backup to Aldridge after this season.

Aldridge is the only star on this team.

Lilliard is gonna be star #2 and I believe he has star #1 potential on this team.

Now Matthews is a nice piece to have and could remain a starter if the Blazers had gotten the big they attempted to get this past offseason. But I assure you if the Olshey could get his hands on a top flight SG, Matthews would be coming off the bench. Personally it's not a shot at Matthews by me but Matthews and Hickson would solidify our bench immensely and Wes would have a good shot at 6th man of the yr.

Keep in mind the Blazers tried hard to move up in the draft to get Brad Beal. I would have loved to get him but had the Blazers moved up in the draft I'd have taken Lilliard anyway. You were dead against Lilliard at draft time, saying the 6 pick was to high to take him.

All in all if the Blazers could have gotten Hibbert we wouldnt be discussion the SG position. You can bet the Blazers will look to improve 1 of those positions before next season and Leonard is the wild card because if he becomes a force and Olshey cant help but insert him into the starting lineup then you can count on him taking that capspace to solidify the backcourt.

Wes isnt a bad option but there are far better I'd insert in his place that could keep defenses off Lilliard and compliment his game better than Wes and Id look for a Ray Allen type to pair with Lilliard (obviously a younger version).

I dont know about others opinions on this matter but I know enough myself to know Olshey wont hesitate to improve those positions if given the right deal or player. I think Matthews and Hickson would be awesome off the bench with what they both bring to the table.

I dont think Ive ever seen a team go into the offseason focused on spending 13 milion in capspace on bench players. Improve your starting lineup and move the previous starter to the bench or trade him for something else that would also improve your team but in Matthews case just move him to the role of 6th man. Cant go wrong with that.
    Last edited by blazerman; 11-12-2012 at 02:26 AM.

vCash
    Also, i see us getting a C, rather it be a starter or back up. and a back up PG, and that may just be signing price again.

but for

PG (obviously back up): Jerryd Bayless (combo guard), Greivas Vasquez (watch him play), John Lucas. PATTY MILLS lol.

SG: Mayo (Combo guard), Demar Derozen (SG/SF), Evans (combo guard), JJ Redick (for back up spot).

C: I've been big on him for a while for the price.. Robin Lopez. he is tough, and gets boards. he would also be easy to put behing leonard if he starts developing ahead of plan. BUT ALSO, zaza pachulia (mean streak, similar to pryzbilla), Greg Stiemsma.

We could very well sign any two of those players (besides 2 SG's) with our 13mil. If mathews gets put in the 6th man role, he will still get 30+min, no doubt in my mind. Also remember...more than likely we will have a lotto pick, and if we hit it right like we did this year, we could have ANOTHER contributor.

vCash
    Lillard/Mills
    Derozen/Mathews
    Batum/Derozen
    Aldridge/Lotto Pick (stock with bigs)
    Lopez/Leonard

we might have to fudge numbers arounf because derozen might make more than 10mil... but man thats a line up i like...

and mills CAN run the pick and roll. he has proven that.

vCash
    Leonard is going to be our starting C by the end of the season. He will average a double double during last 20 games of the season (when he starts).

Batum can be a facilitator, he outplayed Tony Parker as a PG in the olympics for gods sake. Batum has proved he can be a star player, just because Nate is the most over rated coach of all time and ****ed up does not negate that simple fact.

Mathews is underrated and perfect compliment to Lillar/Batum. He has earned starting spot. He is also the heart and soul of this team. By far most important player we have. When he went out against Spurs the entire team sucked balls, starters included. We did not get a FG. Then he came back and we were back!

I have never thought Hickson was a long term C. I was furious when he was named starting C. He is backup PF.

All we need is a PG who shoots over 40%, a SG/SF who can score efficiently and move Hickson to the bench and we are easily a playoff team.
    Last edited by shen; 11-12-2012 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    Leonard is going to be our starting C by the end of the season. He will average a double double during last 20 games of the season (when he starts).

Batum can be a facilitator, he outplayed Tony Parker as a PG in the olympics for gods sake. Batum has proved he can be a star player, just because Nate is the most over rated coach of all time and ****ed up does not negate that simple fact.

Mathews is underrated and perfect compliment to Lillar/Batum. He has earned starting spot. He is also the heart and soul of this team. By far most important player we have. When he went out against Spurs the entire team sucked balls, starters included. We did not get a FG. Then he came back and we were back!

I have never thought Hickson was a long term C. I was furious when he was named starting C. He is backup PF.

All we need is a PG who shoots over 40%, a SG/SF who can score efficiently and move Hickson to the bench and we are easily a playoff team.
    We all know we could make moves this season to make the playoffs if we really wanted to. But we would forever be stuck in the bottom 5 seeds and get killed by LAL, SAS, clippers, OKC etc.

To be any elite team we still have moves to make, spend big money, and hit on another draft night. It's not simply moving hicks on to the bench and Leonard starting this year. Leonard will be great, but no way will he be ready to start for a playoff team by end of the year.

vCash

Leonard eventually will be a starter for the Blazers as long as he improves but he definitely is on the right team to make the transition from bench to starter in his 1st season. I like his toughness and athleticism plus he was the guy I thought should be taken with that 2nd lotto pick after I researched him.

I think that Matthews underrated tag fell off him quite awhile ago he proved he belongs in the league but his ceiling is already about to the top. As far as Matthews being the most important player on the team, He is nowhere close to that title, he felt he needed summer leaugue after last season which showed he wanted to improve and his game needed the extra work and I dont think he has ever been remotely close to an allstar and never will. I will say he is vital to the team at best because without him the Blazers dont even have a guy on the roster that could average 8ppg as a stater unless they moved Batum to his spot which would be pointless because Babbit and Claver are both pathetic. He is far and away the 4th best on this team after 1st LMA, 2nd Lilliard, 3rd Batum. All three of those guys hold twice his value to the team.
    When Matthews went down the fall off in scoring was evident because we dont have anyone on the bench who is worth a shyt at SG and it allowed the defense to zone in on Lillard and LMA.
    Matthews has earned the starting SG spot because who was his competition for the job, basically nobody.

Matthews is a good player for the team and a great locker room guy. Everybody has different opinion's on certain positions and what we should do to maximize the minutes somebody plays at that position. I think which players will be available to the Blazers will determine if they would improve at the 2spot. Anyway it goes I think Matthews is a keeper and would make our 6th man position one of the best. Keep in mind Lamar Odom and Jason Terry were both starters for yrs and found their true calling as the 6th man and were both huge in each player helping their team win the title.
    RC27 was right if Matthews eventually falls into that role he would still get 30 minutes a game.

The Blazers will fall short quite often this as the season goes on because we have a pathetic bench and the starters are gonna tire out on backto backs especially later in the season if the team stays intact.

vCash
    More then just stats. Mathews is the most important player because he is the heart/soul/driving force of this team. LMA can score but as far as leadership goes he just blows. Lillard has the potential to take the tag from Mathews and be THE leader next season and onward. Without Mathews we are hapless on offense and D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    We all know we could make moves this season to make the playoffs if we really wanted to. But we would forever be stuck in the bottom 5 seeds and get killed by LAL, SAS, clippers, OKC etc.

To be any elite team we still have moves to make, spend big money, and hit on another draft night. It's not simply moving hicks on to the bench and Leonard starting this year. Leonard will be great, but no way will he be ready to start for a playoff team by end of the year.
    agree 100% on everything but like I say Leonard will be a wild card as the direction the team goes as to where they spend money in FA or by a lopsided trade.
    I like how much Shen believe's in Leonard's ability and I too think he could he could be a starter this season but really there's nobody who stands in front of him at this point, Hickson is LMA's backup as soon as Leonard shows he can be a serviceable starting ctr for the Blazers. I think it will happen after the trade deadline because Hickson's value could rise if a team is in need of a good big that can score and rebound or add a punch off the bench. Some teams will look to shed a high value player like OKC did with Harden and Hickson might be a piece teams might like to take back or a playoff team might want some extra muscle on the frontline that can score and rebound(he is on a one yr deal anyway and he will look for a longer deal for money no doubt making him expendable so look to see him remain the starter til the deadline has passed.

Keep in mind if the Blazers make the playoff's we dont have a 1st rd pick this yr it goes to Charlotte top 13 protected. Thats why I said a few days ago I just want to see key players like Lilliard, Leonard and Batum continue to develop this yr and Aldridge make the allstar team and I was cool with this season. I want that pick lotto pick this yr over seeing the Blazers just squeak into the playoffs and get tossed aside like yesterday's garbage in the 1st rd.

By the way I liked your thoughts on what the Blazers kinda should go for with that capspace they any of those players or scenerio's would be be money well spent and players who could fit the mold for the direction of this team.

The Blazers getting to keep this yrs first rd pick could be the key to putting the Blazers on the fasttrack to being a deep solid team by next yr. That pick could be useful in a trade or picking a guy with great upside to solidify a need and no telling how high a pick it could be.
    I'd rather see that pick stay in Portland this yr because it's sure to be a far lower pick by next season with the new addition or additions with that capspace, Batums improvements and Lilliard and Leonard with a full season under their belt.
    Next season the Blazers should be able to not only make the playoffs but should be able to win a series or 2 with all things considered (health included).

Basically this season is all about development and improvement of our young team and next season we will see the team that will be going to battle for the next 5 to 7 yrs.
    Last edited by blazerman; 11-12-2012 at 05:31 PM.

vCash
    I have 0 interest in players expected in this years draft. Even loosing in 5 in first round this year would be of more benefit for this team then a player from this draft. Next years is the good one. That is the deep one, the one I want a first round pick.

vCash
    I will say Plumlee and BJ Young are two players I would like but BJ might stay another year. They are both extremely efficient scorers, high % and would provide much needed help on bench but unless we are doing some extreme reaching we wont get them.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast