Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    We just signed Torii Hunter to 2 years! Hell YEAH!!

vCash

Now get Anibal back on the team and we are set.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Tori hunter signs 2 year deal pending physical

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post

Now get Anibal back on the team and we are set.
    I'd like Anibal back too but not for $90mil over 6 years. He pitched great down the stretch and during play-offs but before giving him that kind of money, I'd like to see what he would do with a full year in the AL.

vCash
    I have 2 thoughts on that Kokes:

1. My initial thought is that he is asking for it. Good luck. You won't get it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. He will get a CJ Wilson contract and he deserves it. He is younger and a better pitcher then CJ.

2. He wants to return to the Tigers and if anyone offers him an absurd contract like that then he will leave. DD might have an offer on the table and told him this is the best the Tigers can do; go try to beat it. (this one is less likely)
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I think he will be a Tiger by the earliest tomorrow and no later then Thanksgiving.
    24 hours and almost on the dot too. lol
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    24 hours and almost on the dot too. lol
    Good call bro!

vCash
    so how about them 10:2 odds to win the world series lol

vCash
    I like it !!! Two years is fine with me. He is older but is in great shape.To me he plays like a 30 year old or younger. Plus he is a huge clubhouse guy. Great job by DD getting his done fast. People said 10 million per . Whats an extra 3 per year for a guy thats been so consistant.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    agreed. I'll pay the extra 3 per year to expedite the deal and get him in here so we know what we're looking at instead of trying to compete with many other teams for the next 2 weeks. He's in great shape, he has the attitude we want, and he's hungry for a ring. So lets get him a ring. We can't be happy with anything less than that as a fan base now. We have the cards to make the best hand on the table, and if we don't, we can't say we didn't win because the pieces aren't there. Illitch and DD have given the tigers everything we need to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    agreed. I'll pay the extra 3 per year to expedite the deal and get him in here so we know what we're looking at instead of trying to compete with many other teams for the next 2 weeks. He's in great shape, he has the attitude we want, and he's hungry for a ring. So lets get him a ring. We can't be happy with anything less than that as a fan base now. We have the cards to make the best hand on the table, and if we don't, we can't say we didn't win because the pieces aren't there. Illitch and DD have given the tigers everything we need to win.
    Except defense and a bullpen

vCash
    Well we improved our defense with Infante and just added Hunter. Right now JP is really our only weak spot as far as range. Miggy did a decent job .For a big man Fielder covers first base pretty well. Left field is still a question mark . Dirks? The thing is what we may lack in defense we more than make up in offense. It would be different if we had just average or below offense.
    I agree. Our bullpen is still the weakest spot. Rondon isn't a lock for the closer spot. I think we will now start to address that issue. Benoit is not the answer and I don't think Coke is either.
    Plus we need one more lockdown starter. Sanchez would be nice but not for more than 3 years. I think it would be a mistake to give him more years. Give him the money but not the years.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Jack B...there is no way you just said that Fielder covers first base pretty well...REALLY???

vCash
    He also said Infante improved our defense, I guess he stopped watching games after the trade and just assumed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Jack B...there is no way you just said that Fielder covers first base pretty well...REALLY???
    Eh, I think people exaggerate about Fielder's defensive issues. For a man his size I think he has pretty good coverage. Not saying he's a plus defender or anything, but he's not horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    He also said Infante improved our defense, I guess he stopped watching games after the trade and just assumed.
    Wait, are you suggesting Infante wasn't an upgrade over Raburn/Santiago/Worth?

edit: I stand corrected. Looked it up and Omar had 9 errors in 514 innings at 2B, Ramon had just 1 error in 440 innings at 2B.
    Last edited by GuySir; 11-16-2012 at 05:05 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast