Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tigers contact Torii Hunter

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...ten_teams.html

Interesting. I think there are better options but if anything, it tells m that the front office has intentions of adding someone worth mentioning to the outfield. Id still like to see Justin Upton, Angel Pagan, or BJ Upton if the price is within reason.

vCash
    Hunter was #1 choice this offseason before the Upton rumors started. If the Upton deal falls through I'd love the addition Torii. Still a solid defender, proved he still had some hitting left in him last year, and is yet another great clubhouse guy along with Prince and V-Mart.

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Maybe they're playing hardball with AZ trying to show interest in someone else to maybe take the price down for upton. I wouldn't mind hunter though, he would be a good filler until castallano or garcia are ready for a full time role.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    I like the addition of Hunter, definately my first pick. I get that he's older but he brings alot to the table at a price that will be reasonable for DD to go out and fill the other holes we have. (We still don't have a closer, or a 4th or 5th pitcher). I'm also leery about Upton, since they've been trying to deal him for a long time and that just doesn't make any sense. If he's that good and cheap for another 3 years, why are they trying to unload him on someone else?

vCash
    If the price is right, I like it. Despite his age, he is still better defensively than anoy of our outfielders not names Jackson. Still has pop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by melissag View Post
    I like the addition of Hunter, definately my first pick. I get that he's older but he brings alot to the table at a price that will be reasonable for DD to go out and fill the other holes we have. (We still don't have a closer, or a 4th or 5th pitcher). I'm also leery about Upton, since they've been trying to deal him for a long time and that just doesn't make any sense. If he's that good and cheap for another 3 years, why are they trying to unload him on someone else?
    To fill holes on their roster like 3B/SS and add a SP.

Hunter is at the top of my list for the off season so I'm all for this if we can't get Upton. Can play a solid RF for a couple more season which allows Garcia and Castellanos to develop more.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    I want him. I think hed be a perfect for us, and we'd be a perfect fit for him. Hunter has never won or even been in the World Series right? I would think we'd be an ideal destination given our division and knowing theres a great chance we'll be in the postseason again. And like people have said, it gives Nick and Garcia time to develop. You still would have Dirks out there so its not as if they are totally blocked if one of them starting playing out of this world in the minors and needed to be called up.

vCash
    If management is serious about Garcia and Nick C. being part of the future why trade for an outfielder named Upton. All we really need is a stop gap that plays corner outfield and could bat 2nd or 6th until one of these guys is ready. Hunter and Melky Cabrera both meet this requirement and we wouldn't have to give away our prospects at this time. Save that option for the next trade deadline if we need extra pieces then. Just spend the cash and save the players for our mid season stash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by melissag View Post
    as far as #4/5 starters go if they don't acquire a SP either trade or fa they're happy with Smyly/Porcello...i like Smyly but would love to see them get rid of Porcello and prospect for Bauer

closer role they want to give Rondon a chance, worse case scenario it's Dotel, but i see them signing or making a trade for a closer (i'd like Madson)

what is the big deal with Justin Upton and why are people saying trade Castellanos or Garcia for him??? he's over-rated, only reason he has decent numbers is because of Chase Field, look at his road stats...his D is good but Garcia and Castellanos are just as good in the field, younger and hell of a lot cheaper...may not be MLB proven yet but lets face it, if Miggy takes you under his wing, you're gonna be pretty damn good...so the idea of Hunter would be great, but $15-$20 mil is quite a price-tag, im sure Melky would be much cheaper

vCash
    Mark Saxon of ESPNLosAngeles.com reports that the Tigers have been the "most aggressive pursuer" of Torii Hunter and are likely to offer him a two-year deal.
    Saxon also adds that the Yankees have shown "serious interest" in the outfielder, which conflicts with a previous report from CBS Sports' Danny Knobler. The Braves, Phillies, Red Sox and Dodgers also have interest. Hunter is expected to make a decision on who to sign with within the next two weeks.
    rotoworld

Catches: Yards: TDs:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    rotoworld
    Nice! Just hope he wants to play in Detroit. Everything I have read says he wants a ring more then the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    rotoworld
    Oooo, real exciting. Hopefully we hear he's coming to Detroit in the next couple weeks then.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Nice! Just hope he wants to play in Detroit. Everything I have read says he wants a ring more then the money.
    Well if he wants a ring Detroit's his best option, especially if they make another move which I believe will happen.

Jackson
    Dirks/Garcia
    Miggy
    Prince
    V-Mart
    Hunter
    Peralta
    Avila
    Infante

Solid line-up and spacious OF is now covered by good fielders

vCash
    According to sources were the front runner.

vCash
    apparently i'm an hour late to the show

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast