Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Cobb vs Amendola

Not for this week, but for the rest of the year and as a keeper? Cobbs dynamic, but his receiving yards fluctuate and it comes down to him getting tds or not, something i dont like to rely on. Amendola will put up yards regardless, imo.

Not sure what to so. Theyre my flex play right now. I have rice, charles, calvin and welker as my rbs and wr. With leshoure as my backup rb.

We keep 3 players, and even though I have Peyton, id like to consider keeping one of cobb or amendola in addition to rice and calvin. Not sure what to do with charles. But id like to trade whichever one i dont consider keeping.
    Last edited by Driven; 11-14-2012 at 12:01 PM.

vCash
    PPR league?

Edit: Either way, I still think I lean Cobb. He's only going to be more involved in the Packers' offense going forward in a Percy-lite role. Also, if Jennings is gone next year (likely) he's automatically a top tier WR2/low WR1 just because he has Rodgers throwing him the ball.

It's a tough one, Amendola is a nice player, but I think I'd roll with Cobb in the next couple of seasons because his ceiling is ridiculous.
    Last edited by haggis; 11-14-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: .

vCash

Cobb vs Amendola

Nah, not ppr.

Cobb might become harvin, but amendola might become welker.

Cobbs definitely the more popular option. Maybe i should just keep both. But i think i can get witten via trade if i get rid of one of them. Right now i have daniels

vCash
    In situations like this, go with the team with the better quarterback.

Cobb is going to finish the year strong. Amendola won't be too consistent imo with the rams.

vCash
    They are similar but I think Cobb's got a ways to go before he becomes Percy. Percy was everything on that team when AP was hurt, Cobb has the greatest QB in the league throwing him the rock

vCash
    Randall "Corn On The" Cobb

vCash
    if not PPR, go with Cobb. Is Jordy Nelson back yet?

vCash
    Having Nelson back will HELP Randall Cobb.

Did you guys see the game where Nelson was out with a Hamstring injury? Cobb had like 8 targets with 3 catches, albeit with 2 TD's.

Jordy Nelson being in the lineup draws coverage from the defense. Cobb, then gets more room to work with in the slot for 7-8 receptions a game.

In a PPR, 8 rec for 95 yards is just about as good as 3-30 and 2TD's. Cool thing is, Cobb can net you both those lines, I'd much rather he get those 8 catches though in the PPR, its the more consistent option. You cannot simply expect a guy to catch 3-4 passes with multiple TD's a game. (Unless you're James Jones).

vCash

Cobb vs Amendola

I agree. Which is why im probably going to wait it out and start amendola this week. Cobb cannot keep up this pace with TDs, and hes yet to prove to me that he will put up points without them. I agree that nelson will help cobb in general, but i somewhat expect for his fantasy value to tail off the rest of this season, and for that reason im skeptical

vCash
    Cobb >> Amendola

There's no doubt in my mind, but maybe this past game will convince all doubters.

vCash
    i'd go with Cobb for the reasons listed above, plus he's not as injury prone.

vCash
    You gotta go with Cobb. He is in the much better offense and has more upside. Plus he offers the possibility of a kick off or punt return for a TD. There is a good chance Jennings and Finley will be gone next season, which will mean more opportunities for Cobb.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    we play return yards in one of my leagues and cobb is a beast this season

its borderline unfair in my league

vCash
    I ended up trading Amendola in a package to get Tony Gonzalez. He wanted him over Cobb.

I wasn't thrilled with getting Tony. I gave up Owen Daniels who has really been very good so far. But, I've also traded for Aaron Hernandez. So we'll see what I'll do there. I went to start Hernandez tonight, but was a few minutes too late. Probably a good thing.

My team:

QB - Peyton
    RB - Charles
    RB - Rice
    WR - Calvin
    WR - Welker
    WR - Cobb
    TE - Hernandez/Gonzalez
    K - Gostkowski
    DEF - Ravens, for now

Locked and loaded for the stretch run here

Thanks guys