Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 79
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,769
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    You're very hard to understand when you talk in Yoda-speak.

    Sorry, i am dyslexic. I cleaned it up a little
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,767
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Are you referring to me as close minded???

    I think I'll go outside and hand out smiley face buttons. Maybe that will make a difference.

    Wait, are smiley faces non-cultural or will I need some with a mustache on them. Maybe some in tan and not yellow.

    Oh the problems.
    Based on this comment, among several others I can only answer "yes" to your question. Conform, act like me, dress like me, do what I say, and maybe, just maybe I'll give you a job -- that attitude may work for employers, but your "Respect ma Authoritay!" approach won't go far towards convincing others you're correct about multiculturalism.
    I'm going to list ALEC in credits as associate producer of creating horrifying things for us to talk about -John Oliver

    People who think the least powerful members of society are responsible for most of its problems are deluded, at best.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sorry, i am dyslexic. I cleaned it up a little
    Well. the good news is that you probably qualify for aid, help, a program of some sort, medication, a tax break, therapy, extra time off, free marijuana, special license plate, an assist dog whatever.

    I dunno, you must qualify for something,

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,779
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Are you referring to me as close minded???

    I think I'll go outside and hand out smiley face buttons. Maybe that will make a difference.

    Wait, are smiley faces non-cultural or will I need some with a mustache on them. Maybe some in tan and not yellow.

    Oh the problems.
    Yes. I never said that you have to sing and dance with everyone or whatever it is you think multiculturalism actually means. But you have demonstrated a high degree of animosity towards those that are different than you that I don't care to pretend deserves the same level of respect as those who are willing to at least keep their mouth's shut about people of different ethnicities or viewpoints.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Well. the good news is that you probably qualify for aid, help, a program of some sort, medication, a tax break, therapy, extra time off, free marijuana, special license plate, an assist dog whatever.

    I dunno, you must qualify for something,
    Have you considered China? I think you might like it there. You are very much so advocating a collectivist as opposed to an individualistic society. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but one aspect about American culture that we usually agree on (the vast vast majority of Americans that is) is that we value individualism.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    12,769
    vCash
    5471

    ewing

    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Well. the good news is that you probably qualify for aid, help, a program of some sort, medication, a tax break, therapy, extra time off, free marijuana, special license plate, an assist dog whatever.

    I dunno, you must qualify for something,

    I'm not looking for anything. I brought it up b/c you mentioned having difficulty reading my post. Written English is just something that i mistakes in if i do not go to lengths i am not willing to go to for posting on an internet forum.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Flip,

    You completely miss the point about multiculturalism. I enjoy all that stuff too. Some more than others because some of the foods are a bit hard to take but give me a German, Greek or Italian food festival anytime.

    The problem with multiculturalism is that it keeps huge numbers of people unemployable. And as soon as they have difficulties getting by they look to the state (read that me) for help.

    The other problem is that all these people demanding cultural sensitivity come from places that do not grant any understanding of cultures other than their own.

    Just fit in man, use chopsticks if you want but you still need to fit in.

    Just a hunch here but is John Lennon's Imagine one of your favorite songs? Great song but you do know it is totally unrealistic. You know that don't you????
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I see people on a daily basis who could not because of the way they carry themselves. From the black dude with the weird hair and pants around his *** to the white hottie who looks like a hooker or ****. Tattooed idiots in a tank top with their hats on backwards have their "thanks but no thanks" postcard in the mail before they leave the HR office. I hire people and I've seen them all.

    I could care less about them. The problem is when they can't get jobs the get all kinds of public assistance that I pay for.

    Why not clean up the act and improve you odds a little bit.

    Whatever.

    Society just shrugs its collective shoulder and moves on. Leaving them to the life they seemingly want holding little signs on the corners.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I'm sure they are a credit to………well they must be a credit to something.

    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Visit Miami.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Are you referring to me as close minded???

    I think I'll go outside and hand out smiley face buttons. Maybe that will make a difference.

    Wait, are smiley faces non-cultural or will I need some with a mustache on them. Maybe some in tan and not yellow.

    Oh the problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Well. the good news is that you probably qualify for aid, help, a program of some sort, medication, a tax break, therapy, extra time off, free marijuana, special license plate, an assist dog whatever.

    I dunno, you must qualify for something,

    Have you considered China? I think you might like it there. You are very much so advocating a collectivist as opposed to an individualistic society. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but one aspect about American culture that we usually agree on (the vast vast majority of Americans that is) is that we value individualism.

    You make a lot of assumptions about the people you are talking to. this is an example of close minded behavior... when you ascribe thoughts for people based on your own limited experience you are in fact closing your mind by making **** up that isn't there.

    Finnally, because I didn't address this earlier, and because I love ******** on demigod rock stars, I do not like the song imagine. I too think it is unrealistic and silly. I think it's also hypocritical for a guy who owned 4 apartments on central park west to be pining over the joys that would come with "no money."

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Flip,

    You completely miss the point about multiculturalism. I enjoy all that stuff too. Some more than others because some of the foods are a bit hard to take but give me a German, Greek or Italian food festival anytime.

    The problem with multiculturalism is that it keeps huge numbers of people unemployable. And as soon as they have difficulties getting by they look to the state (read that me) for help.

    The other problem is that all these people demanding cultural sensitivity come from places that do not grant any understanding of cultures other than their own.

    Just fit in man, use chopsticks if you want but you still need to fit in.

    Just a hunch here but is John Lennon's Imagine one of your favorite songs? Great song but you do know it is totally unrealistic. You know that don't you????
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    I see people on a daily basis who could not because of the way they carry themselves. From the black dude with the weird hair and pants around his *** to the white hottie who looks like a hooker or ****. Tattooed idiots in a tank top with their hats on backwards have their "thanks but no thanks" postcard in the mail before they leave the HR office. I hire people and I've seen them all.

    I could care less about them. The problem is when they can't get jobs the get all kinds of public assistance that I pay for.

    Why not clean up the act and improve you odds a little bit.

    Whatever.

    Society just shrugs its collective shoulder and moves on. Leaving them to the life they seemingly want holding little signs on the corners.

    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Are you referring to me as close minded???

    I think I'll go outside and hand out smiley face buttons. Maybe that will make a difference.

    Wait, are smiley faces non-cultural or will I need some with a mustache on them. Maybe some in tan and not yellow.

    Oh the problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Well. the good news is that you probably qualify for aid, help, a program of some sort, medication, a tax break, therapy, extra time off, free marijuana, special license plate, an assist dog whatever.

    I dunno, you must qualify for something,

    Have you considered China? I think you might like it there. You are very much so advocating a collectivist as opposed to an individualistic society. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but one aspect about American culture that we usually agree on (we as in the vast vast majority of Americans that is, even the ones who don't speak good english) is that we value individualism.

    You make a lot of assumptions about the people you are talking to. this is an example of close minded behavior... when you ascribe thoughts for people based on your own limited experience you are in fact closing your mind by making **** up that isn't there.

    Finally, because I didn't address this earlier, and because I love ******** on demigod rock stars, I do not like the song imagine. I too think it is unrealistic and silly. I think it's also hypocritical for a guy who owned 4 apartments on central park west to be pining over the joys that would come with "no money."

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yes. I never said that you have to sing and dance with everyone or whatever it is you think multiculturalism actually means. But you have demonstrated a high degree of animosity towards those that are different than you that I don't care to pretend deserves the same level of respect as those who are willing to at least keep their mouth's shut about people of different ethnicities or viewpoints.
    You completely miss the point as so many multiculuturalist fanatics often do. I'll try it again.

    I don't dislike any group. I do dislike when these groups feel the need to go out of their way demanding special needs to suit them…everything in bilingual, Arabs requesting tolerance when sharia law goes against local law, blacks creating so many separatist functions, gays demanding marital rights.

    I resent trying to change the basic culture of our society as a whole. It is not colorful or progressive. It is time consuming and wasteful and weakens us as a whole.

    All these things are unnecessary, it makes their lives more difficult and then they turn to the state for help. Multiculturalism just makes things more difficult and expensive for no apparent reason. It slows things down. It's one of the reasons we are being overtaken on the world stage.

    I am not in favor of just making everyone equal in economic status

    I am in favor of giving everyone an equal chance, a fair shot. If they screw that chance up, don't look to be taken care of for the rest of your life. Some people will always be poor. Fact of life.

    If you knew anything at all about me, you may be surprised. My wife is foreign born,speaks with a fairly heavy accent, and is many shades darker than me. Her family is the same. We've all been together for over thirty years. They have their holidays, religious beliefs and foods (that I cannot eat, too hot). We all get along just fine. I'm very active in a local service organization made up of numerous types of cultures that donates time, effort and money (lots of money) to those who need it. Blacks, whites, hispanics, gays…they're all on the list.

    One thing I have found in working with charitable groups…there are people that need help and there are people that expect help. There are people that are grateful for the help they get and there are people that say "is that all." There are people who will get out and push and people that are along for the ride.

    And there is a big difference.

    I hope I've been clear.

    Think as you wish.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Have you considered China? I think you might like it there. You are very much so advocating a collectivist as opposed to an individualistic society. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but one aspect about American culture that we usually agree on (we as in the vast vast majority of Americans that is, even the ones who don't speak good english) is that we value individualism.

    You make a lot of assumptions about the people you are talking to. this is an example of close minded behavior... when you ascribe thoughts for people based on your own limited experience you are in fact closing your mind by making **** up that isn't there.

    Finally, because I didn't address this earlier, and because I love ******** on demigod rock stars, I do not like the song imagine. I too think it is unrealistic and silly. I think it's also hypocritical for a guy who owned 4 apartments on central park west to be pining over the joys that would come with "no money."
    It would appear that I am the most individual on this board.

    You sanctimonious types sit there and keep thinking to yourselves how understanding you all are. How fair we all must be because we try so hard to understand everyone. We are so much better than everyone else because we are all so educated and we all understand in such depth what is is that all those poor persecuted among us need to get by, even if they don't know themselves. Pass the white wine and the brie, has the Atlantic Monthly arrived yet?

    You will be feeling good for years since most of these social views will insure that there will be groups to be taken care of for decades to come.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    It would appear that I am the most individual on this board.

    You sanctimonious types sit there and keep thinking to yourselves how understanding you all are. How fair we all must be because we try so hard to understand everyone. We are so much better than everyone else because we are all so educated and we all understand in such depth what is is that all those poor persecuted among us need to get by, even if they don't know themselves. Pass the white wine and the brie, has the Atlantic Monthly arrived yet?

    You will be feeling good for years since most of these social views will insure that there will be groups to be taken care of for decades to come.
    1. You are not the "most individual" on this board. This board is filled with individuals. Your opinion just runs contrary to the majority of other posters here, as well as to one of the most beneficial aspects to our society today, that's all.

    2. Please don't abuse the word sanctimony. I love using that word in here to describe folks in US politics who deserve it, and your misuse of it here only will erode its impact and meaning when I want to use it later. Its not sanctimony. There are very well laid out arguments for the benefits of multiculturalism in this thread. It's not sanctimony to want to benefit from those advantages. Its practical.

    3. The last sentance is a wildly obtuse statment. Who says we will need to take care of entire groups of people for decades? Do you really feel immigrants are that inept, or inferior?

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,547
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    You completely miss the point as so many multiculuturalist fanatics often do. I'll try it again.

    I don't dislike any group. I do dislike when these groups feel the need to go out of their way demanding special needs to suit them…everything in bilingual, Arabs requesting tolerance when sharia law goes against local law, blacks creating so many separatist functions, gays demanding marital rights.

    I resent trying to change the basic culture of our society as a whole. It is not colorful or progressive. It is time consuming and wasteful and weakens us as a whole.

    All these things are unnecessary, it makes their lives more difficult and then they turn to the state for help. Multiculturalism just makes things more difficult and expensive for no apparent reason. It slows things down. It's one of the reasons we are being overtaken on the world stage.

    I am not in favor of just making everyone equal in economic status

    I am in favor of giving everyone an equal chance, a fair shot. If they screw that chance up, don't look to be taken care of for the rest of your life. Some people will always be poor. Fact of life.

    If you knew anything at all about me, you may be surprised. My wife is foreign born,speaks with a fairly heavy accent, and is many shades darker than me. Her family is the same. We've all been together for over thirty years. They have their holidays, religious beliefs and foods (that I cannot eat, too hot). We all get along just fine. I'm very active in a local service organization made up of numerous types of cultures that donates time, effort and money (lots of money) to those who need it. Blacks, whites, hispanics, gays…they're all on the list.

    One thing I have found in working with charitable groups…there are people that need help and there are people that expect help. There are people that are grateful for the help they get and there are people that say "is that all." There are people who will get out and push and people that are along for the ride.

    And there is a big difference.

    I hope I've been clear.

    Think as you wish.
    With all these assertions, who needs arguments?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    7,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    You completely miss the point as so many multiculuturalist fanatics often do. I'll try it again.

    I don't dislike any group. I do dislike when these groups feel the need to go out of their way demanding special needs to suit them…everything in bilingual, Arabs requesting tolerance when sharia law goes against local law, blacks creating so many separatist functions, gays demanding marital rights.

    I resent trying to change the basic culture of our society as a whole. It is not colorful or progressive. It is time consuming and wasteful and weakens us as a whole.

    All these things are unnecessary, it makes their lives more difficult and then they turn to the state for help. Multiculturalism just makes things more difficult and expensive for no apparent reason. It slows things down. It's one of the reasons we are being overtaken on the world stage.

    I am not in favor of just making everyone equal in economic status

    I am in favor of giving everyone an equal chance, a fair shot. If they screw that chance up, don't look to be taken care of for the rest of your life. Some people will always be poor. Fact of life.

    If you knew anything at all about me, you may be surprised. My wife is foreign born,speaks with a fairly heavy accent, and is many shades darker than me. Her family is the same. We've all been together for over thirty years. They have their holidays, religious beliefs and foods (that I cannot eat, too hot). We all get along just fine. I'm very active in a local service organization made up of numerous types of cultures that donates time, effort and money (lots of money) to those who need it. Blacks, whites, hispanics, gays…they're all on the list.

    One thing I have found in working with charitable groups…there are people that need help and there are people that expect help. There are people that are grateful for the help they get and there are people that say "is that all." There are people who will get out and push and people that are along for the ride.

    And there is a big difference.

    I hope I've been clear.

    Think as you wish.
    Let me continue the bolded part.


    Religious freedom for the protestants. Italians and Irish demanding to be considered white, and demanding equal treatment from courts of law. Black people demanding to be freed from slavery and then having the audacity to suggest that they should be allowed into the same schools as whites. Multiracial couples demanding to be married.


    You don't dislike any particular group, you dislike any group desiring the same freedoms that have been awarded every culture that has come to America.

    American culture has changed drastically with each generation and each new wave of immigrant group. To believe otherwise is to just ignore history.

    You think we are being overtaken on the world stage because of multiculturalism? Dear lord it's the only thing keeping us on the world stage. We have the best secondary education system in the world by leaps and bounds. We can attract some of the best and the brightest. And many fall in love with how open our culture is and chose to stay.

    Where do we agree though? Because I'm sure we do. How both this. Can we agree on this?

    I don't think we should bow our culture down to other cultures that think differently. If you come from a culture where it is OK to beat your children and your wife. Your culture is wrong. If you are from a culture that subjugates women, I don't care if you are coming to a State dinner Mr Saudi prince... You are going to have to deal with women air traffic controllers. Your culture... It's wrong about that. If you make your women wear a berka, your culture it's wrong (a woman who chooses to wear a berka that's a totally different story). Does your culture think stoning is an acceptable punishment. your culture is wrong about that.

    There's my olive branch to ya. But I am hopefully done with this one.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-14-2012 at 02:06 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    1. You are not the "most individual" on this board. This board is filled with individuals. Your opinion just runs contrary to the majority of other posters here, as well as to one of the most beneficial aspects to our society today, that's all.

    2. Please don't abuse the word sanctimony. I love using that word in here to describe folks in US politics who deserve it, and your misuse of it here only will erode its impact and meaning when I want to use it later. Its not sanctimony. There are very well laid out arguments for the benefits of multiculturalism in this thread. It's not sanctimony to want to benefit from those advantages. Its practical.

    3. The last sentance is a wildly obtuse statment. Who says we will need to take care of entire groups of people for decades? Do you really feel immigrants are that inept, or inferior?
    No I don't at all. That's the problem that you do not see. Policies designed to keep them dependent only holds them back

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Let me continue the bolded part.


    Religious freedom for the protestants. Italians and Irish demanding to be considered white, and demanding equal treatment from courts of law. Black people demanding to be freed from slavery and then having the audacity to suggest that they should be allowed into the same schools as whites. Multiracial couples demanding to be married.


    You don't dislike any particular group, you dislike any group desiring the same freedoms that have been awarded every culture that has come to America.

    American culture has changed drastically with each generation and each new wave of immigrant group. To believe otherwise is to just ignore history.

    You think we are being overtaken on the world stage because of multiculturalism? Dear lord it's the only thing keeping us on the world stage. We have the best secondary education system in the world by leaps and bounds. We can attract some of the best and the brightest. And many fall in love with how open our culture is and chose to stay.

    Where do we agree though? Because I'm sure we do. How both this. Can we agree on this?

    I don't think we should bow our culture down to other cultures that think differently. If you come from a culture where it is OK to beat your children and your wife. Your culture is wrong. If you are from a culture that subjugates women, I don't care if you are coming to a State dinner Mr Saudi prince... You are going to have to deal with women air traffic controllers. Your culture... It's wrong about that. If you make your women wear a berka, your culture it's wrong (a woman who chooses to wear a berka that's a totally different story). Does your culture think stoning is an acceptable punishment. your culture is wrong about that.

    There's my olive branch to ya. But I am hopefully done with this one.
    I can easily agree with your last comments.

    I never thought you are wrong hearted, only wrong headed in over simplifying the subject.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •