Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Flip,

You completely miss the point about multiculturalism. I enjoy all that stuff too. Some more than others because some of the foods are a bit hard to take but give me a German, Greek or Italian food festival anytime.

The problem with multiculturalism is that it keeps huge numbers of people unemployable. And as soon as they have difficulties getting by they look to the state (read that me) for help.

The other problem is that all these people demanding cultural sensitivity come from places that do not grant any understanding of cultures other than their own.

Just fit in man, use chopsticks if you want but you still need to fit in.

Just a hunch here but is John Lennon's Imagine one of your favorite songs? Great song but you do know it is totally unrealistic. You know that don't you????
    saying multiculturalism makes people unemployable is offensive. Put yourself in someones else shoes and think about the meaning of what you said. Unemployable is harsh- i know very handicapped people with jobs.

I hope what you mean is the language barriers and other cultural barriers can limit someones education and employment avenues. Opening more avenues by encouraging and making resources available for people to do things like learn English is good and does not kill off the other elements of their culture

As far as people looking to gov't people will take advantages of resources made available to them. this is true regardless of culture
    Last edited by ewing; 11-13-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    saying multiculturalism makes people unemployable is offensive. Put yourself in someones else shoes and think about the meaning of what you said. Unemployable is harsh- i know very handicapped people with jobs.

I hope what you mean is the language barriers and other cultural barriers can limit someones education and employment avenues. Opening more avenues by encouraging and making resources available for people to do things like learn English is good and does not kill off the other elements of their culture

As far as people looking to gov't people will take advantages of resources made available to them. this is true regardless of culture
    I see people on a daily basis who could not because of the way they carry themselves. From the black dude with the weird hair and pants around his *** to the white hottie who looks like a hooker or ****. Tattooed idiots in a tank top with their hats on backwards have their "thanks but no thanks" postcard in the mail before they leave the HR office. I hire people and I've seen them all.

I could care less about them. The problem is when they can't get jobs the get all kinds of public assistance that I pay for.

Why not clean up the act and improve you odds a little bit.

Whatever.

Society just shrugs its collective shoulder and moves on. Leaving them to the life they seemingly want holding little signs on the corners.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    I see people on a daily basis who could not because of the way they carry themselves. From the black dude with the weird hair and pants around his *** to the white hottie who looks like a hooker or ****. Tattooed idiots in a tank top with their hats on backwards have their "thanks but no thanks" postcard in the mail before they leave the HR office. I hire people and I've seen them all.

I could care less about them. The problem is when they can't get jobs the get all kinds of public assistance that I pay for.

Whatever.

Society just shrugs its collective shoulder and moves on. Leaving them to the life they seemingly want holding little signs on the corners.
    Working as a scientist in Substance abuse you would be shocked to know that I have colleagues with face tattoos, and colleagues with purple Mohawks.

And I haven't even begun to talk about the sex researchers I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Working as a scientist in Substance abuse you would be shocked to know that I have colleagues with face tattoos, and colleagues with purple Mohawks.

I'm sure they are a credit to………well they must be a credit to something.

vCash
    jmota how do you feel about John Rocker?

vCash

ewing

Whatever.

My brother has a mohawk and he is a damn good mechanic. I work as an office manger and unfortunately that **** doesn't fly.

Of course people should try to give a job interviewer what they are looking for. I fail to see what this has to do multiculturalism. The examples you are giving sound pretty American

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Good question

vCash

ewing

It probably be harder to work with them if they didn't know English though, right?

vCash
    I'm sure they are a credit to………well they must be a credit to something.
    Intelligence is the word your looking for. Maybe Education.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    As a pitcher…he had a few good years and the Mets could not touch him.

As an individual…he came across as a complete idiot and a fool. The comments he made was absurd.

vCash
    My brother has a mohawk and he is a damn good mechanic. I work as an office manger and unfortunately that **** doesn't fly.

Of course people should try to give a job interviewer what they are looking for. I fail to see what this has to do multiculturalism. The examples you are giving sound pretty American
    He can wear, dress, carry himself any way he wants to. What I don't get is why some of these people carry themselves in such a was as to make many others around them uncomfortable.

Do whatever you want, but why not improve your odds at getting along with everyone. That's all I'm saying.

If you have a special talent, you can get away with it. Even Einstein looked a little out there in some of his photos. Most people are just regular people with nothing special about them. I would recommend that they do whatever they can to improve their chances.

Why is that such a hard concept????

vCash
    Intelligence is the word your looking for. Maybe Education.
    Well you must be right. Only an uneducated person could not understand a grown man wearing a purple Mohawk.

vCash
    It probably be harder to work with them if they didn't know English though, right?
    You really want to mess with me huh? In the international science community most people speak and write English to varying degrees of success. I would not, and do not argue that learning English is not Utilitarian in our american society. As I said earlier, the amount of positive from the mix of culture is far far greater than any inconvenience that people not speaking english brings.

vCash
    Thoughts on multiculturalism?

Ethnocentric interpretations will be present everywhere. Those who choose to escape ethnocentric viewpoints and pluralistic symbols are the fuel for multiculturalism.

There are several ways to experience multiculturalism.
    Whether you go the pluralistic, stereotypical approach and find in in Little Italy's or Chinatown's is no different than experiencing it in random environment. I never truly understood that concept.....if you want to experience Italian culture, don't go to Little Italy because It's an assumed signifier. Who cares how you deal with cultural relativism.....It's your Damn decision and life.

vCash

ewing

You really want to mess with me huh? In the international science community most people speak and write English to varying degrees of success. I would not, and do not argue that learning English is not Utilitarian in our american society. As I said earlier, the amount of positive from the mix of culture is far far greater than any inconvenience that people not speaking english brings.

Sorry i don't remember you saying that before. You seemed to romanticize multiculturalism instead of talking of it actual benefits.

my bad, i done
    Last edited by ewing; 11-13-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: went back and saw your quote

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast