Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 136 to 144 of 144
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,043
    vCash
    500
    They didn't say they showed up at exactly the same time. They just happened to be filming at roughly the same time. Running film all day for multiple days would help to debunk bugs, but I doubt they care about that.

    FFS, you can (in one of the early frames) practically see the shape of wings of a fly repeated 2-3 times so the "object" appears segmented.


  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canadian In Michigan.
    Posts
    41,988
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    They didn't say they showed up at exactly the same time. They just happened to be filming at roughly the same time. Running film all day for multiple days would help to debunk bugs, but I doubt they care about that.

    FFS, you can (in one of the early frames) practically see the shape of wings of a fly repeated 2-3 times so the "object" appears segmented.
    I don't really see it. They said they showed up at similar times. The guy who said he's an expert said he could identify it but you can? I'm not sure why he would do that.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,043
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    I don't really see it. They said they showed up at similar times. The guy who said he's an expert said he could identify it but you can? I'm not sure why he would do that.
    go to 1:18 and start/stop really quick. You can see something really, really close to the camera fall in front of it. It's bugs.


    And just because someone's claimed to be an "expert" doesn't mean that they're an "expert."


  4. #139
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,470
    vCash
    1500
    Did I read that wrong, or did PredatorPeppers admit he was a dupe? Or was that a mod?
    …authoritarian followers drive through life under the influence of impaired thinking a lot more than most people do, exhibiting sloppy reasoning, highly compartmentalized beliefs, double standards, hypocrisy, self-blindness, a profound ethnocentrism, and—to top it all off—a ferocious dogmatism that makes it unlikely anyone could ever change their minds with evidence or logic. These seven deadly shortfalls of authoritarian thinking eminently qualify them to follow a would-be dictator.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    That was a mod.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    NW Indiana (just outside my hometown of Chicago)
    Posts
    147
    vCash
    1500
    I don't know. I think I smell yet another hoax. But then again, we are getting pretty close to 12/21/12. Just sayin'...

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Gruber View Post
    A good point, but keep in mind an alien race could potentially be millions of years more advanced than us. Where do you expect humans would be (assuming we survived) and a million or so years of technological advancements?

    I just hope I don't have to go Will Smith on one of their *****...
    Yea it's true that technology is advancing exponentially and we really can't say how advanced it will eventually get, but there's still a logistical reason to believe that aliens are either unaware of our existence, too far to reach us/haven't reached us, or are uninterested in us. The closest planet to us that can support life is 22 light years away (closer than I originally thought, but still incredibly far), other planets that we know about that are capable of supporting life are anywhere between 50 and 200 light years away. Assuming that the planet 22 light years away from us has intelligent life and is technologically advanced enough to travel at the speed of light they would still have to travel 22 years in order to even reach us.

    Technology can increasingly make interstellar travel more and more efficient, but regardless of how advanced any alien technology can get they would still need to expend an unfathomable amount of resources to send manned space ships on a 22 year journey at the speed of light. This means that they would have to have a damned good reason to visit us and makes the likelihood of them coming here just to learn more about our planet and remain undetected to us basically non existent. At the speed of light it would take them 44 years round trip to travel to and from earth, they would be traveling here either to colonize our planet and move their people here or to take our resources for their own planet, any other reason for traveling here would be a massive waste of resources and not really practical.

    Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

    They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,382
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatorPeppers View Post
    Whatever you say Mac...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlZv7V-Gixg No purpose for life right? Then why don't we all just live like this guy did when he was in the free world? Why can't we just live like the beasts we truly are?

    http://stonethepreacher.com/2011/02/...ic-values.html

    Atheist Tuesday: Ted Bundy’s Atheistic Values

    Ted Bundy was a notorious serial killer who confessed to murdering over thirty victims, as well as other horrible crimes. Ted Bundy had a philosophy about morality that allowed him to do these horrible things. (Hint: Remove God from the equation.)

    In his own words, read his twisted moral observations and answer a few questions afterward:

    “Then I learned that all moral judgments are ‘value judgments,’ that all value judgments are subjective [it just depends on how you think about them], and that none can be proved to be either ‘right’ or ‘wrong’…

    …I discovered that to become truly free, truly unfettered, I had to become truly uninhibited. And I quickly discovered that the greatest obstacle to my freedom, the greatest block and limitation to it, consists in the insupportable “value judgment that I was bound to respect the rights of others. I asked myself, who were these ‘others?’ Other human beings with human rights? Why is it more wrong to kill a human animal than any other animal, a pig or a sheep or a steer? Is your life more to you than a hog’s life to a hog? Why should I be willing to sacrifice my pleasure more for the one than for the other? Surely, you would not, in this age of scientific enlightenment, declare that God or nature has marked some pleasures as ‘moral’ or ‘good’ and others as ‘immoral’ or ‘bad’?

    In any case, let me assure you, my dear young lady, that there is absolutely no comparison between the pleasure I might take in eating ham and the pleasure I anticipate in raping and murdering you. That is the honest conclusion to which my education has led me – after the most conscientious examination of my spontaneous and uninhibited self.”


    Atheist friend, what is your answer to this question:

    On what moral grounds can you provide a response to Bundy?

    And Jeffery Dahmer was a christian and repented and confessed his sins in jail and believed himself to be saved. What's your point?

    Dodgers, Lakers, Raiders.
    Fok Jelle Naiers

    They`re = contraction of they are
    There = used to describe location
    Their = pronoun used to describe belonging
    Should've = contraction of should have
    Should of = makes no sense at all

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    38,229
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    Yea it's true that technology is advancing exponentially and we really can't say how advanced it will eventually get, but there's still a logistical reason to believe that aliens are either unaware of our existence, too far to reach us/haven't reached us, or are uninterested in us. The closest planet to us that can support life is 22 light years away (closer than I originally thought, but still incredibly far), other planets that we know about that are capable of supporting life are anywhere between 50 and 200 light years away. Assuming that the planet 22 light years away from us has intelligent life and is technologically advanced enough to travel at the speed of light they would still have to travel 22 years in order to even reach us.

    Technology can increasingly make interstellar travel more and more efficient, but regardless of how advanced any alien technology can get they would still need to expend an unfathomable amount of resources to send manned space ships on a 22 year journey at the speed of light. This means that they would have to have a damned good reason to visit us and makes the likelihood of them coming here just to learn more about our planet and remain undetected to us basically non existent. At the speed of light it would take them 44 years round trip to travel to and from earth, they would be traveling here either to colonize our planet and move their people here or to take our resources for their own planet, any other reason for traveling here would be a massive waste of resources and not really practical.
    The only caveat that I'd add to all this is that those are planets that can support life as we know it. It's still entirely possible that there is life unlike what we know on those, or other planets.
    Visit my Blog.



    "Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •