Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Did you realize?

Did you realize?
    That in 2009 we started out as 4-6? Guess what - we ended up 9-7 as a WC and went on a run to the Championship.

Did you realize?
    The Giants ended up 9-7 last season? And went on to win the Super Bowl? This was amidst a late season 4 game losing streak - Coughlin was on the Hot Seat the WHOLE season, and rumors were flying he was gone. Having won the Super Bowl (Again) he is now an "Elite" coach

So...many of you likely did realize this - yet some proclaim the season is lost and everything is for nothing. Chances are, we wont win the Super Bowl.

But I got news for you, it is rarely done in perfect form, more often you have to weather the storm.

There is absolutely no reason we can not make the run this year.

Yes - We need to get back to playings JETS ball. We need Rex, Sparano, Sanchez and others to get their act together and keep it together.

@Seattle
    @St. Louis
    New England
    Arizona
    @Jacksonville
    @Tennesee
    San Diego
    @Buffalo

I have us going 9-7. This may or may not be good enough.

The Colts have a schedule I can see going either way - It is apparent Luck is the real deal and they can beat anybody on the schedule, with that said they have the Texans 2x (One is Week 17 so Texans may rest players), Patriots, Lions, and Bills all of which will be tough game.

Miami has Titans, Bills, Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, Jags, Bills, Patriots. By no means an easy schedule but Tannehill has been playing amazing ball.

San Diego has Bucs, Broncos, Ravens, Bengals, Steelers, Panthers, JETS, Raiders.

Bottom line - Is we have a relatively easy schedule compared to the teams ahead of us. The team ahead of us have a lot of games against each other as well. It is by no means over.

If you want to tank the season fine, but you are not in my league and you are forever to be tagged a SAME OLD JET FAN!

AFC Team Div W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts TD Home Road Div Pct Conf Pct Non-Conf Streak Last 5
    1. Houston Texans ACS 7 1 0 .875 237 137 100 28 4-1 3-0 2-0 1.000 7-0 1.000 0-1 2W 4-1
    2. Baltimore Ravens ACN 6 2 0 .750 199 176 23 22 4-0 2-2 3-0 1.000 5-1 .833 1-1 1W 4-1
    3. New England Patriots ACE 5 3 0 .625 262 170 92 30 2-1 3-2 2-0 1.000 4-1 .800 1-2 2W 4-1
    4. Denver Broncos ACW 5 3 0 .625 235 175 60 29 3-1 2-2 2-0 1.000 4-2 .667 1-1 3W 4-1
    5. Indianapolis Colts ACS 5 3 0 .625 159 191 -32 16 4-1 1-2 1-1 .500 3-2 .600 2-1 3W 4-1
    6. Pittsburgh Steelers ACN 5 3 0 .625 191 164 27 20 3-0 2-3 1-0 1.000 2-3 .400 3-0 3W 4-1
    7. San Diego Chargers ACW 4 4 0 .500 185 157 28 20 2-2 2-2 3-1 .750 4-2 .667 0-2 1W 2-3
    8. Miami Dolphins ACE 4 4 0 .500 170 149 21 19 2-1 2-3 1-1 .500 3-3 .500 1-1 1L 3-2
    9. Oakland Raiders ACW 3 5 0 .375 171 229 -58 16 2-2 1-3 1-2 .333 3-3 .500 0-2 1L 2-3
    10. New York Jets ACE 3 5 0 .375 168 200 -32 19 2-3 1-2 2-2 .500 3-4 .429 0-1 2L 1-4
    Last edited by Realistik84; 11-05-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    good post...

i cant stand it when i read anything about "tanking" a game or season. i always just ignore those people because clearly they have no idea what it is like to compete in any sport. these guys are professional athletes & coaches, no one gives up, no one tanks. (except santonio holmes)

having said that, it would be a shame to not capitalize on our schedule this year. the jets clearly were blessed with the least difficult schedule i can remember in recent years.

lets be honest, theres no reason we can't win out for the remainder of the season! sure seattle has a good defense, but their offense is extremely inconsistent (much like ours). and we nearly beat new england away and now will host them at home. the remainder of the games are against opponents that IF we intend on being a playoff team this season, then we should beat them, plain and simple.

so yeah 9-7 is very possible if things come together, lets keep the faith.

decisions on QB, WRs, LBs, etc will need to be addressed based on this second half.

go jets!
    Last edited by steve4x4; 11-05-2012 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    We'll see how this team responds after the bye week. 6-2 is definitely attainable with that schedule, and the AFC Wildcard spots are very much up for grabs. If we can get hot at the time right time, you never really know.

I'm confident that the defense will be fine for the rest of the year...just more worried about the continuity of offense and the psyche of Mark Sanchez. Playing at Seattle is going to be a tough game but a win would be huge for this team.

vCash
    I agree that a wild card is attainable, but there are a few factors that are MUCH different than 2009:

#1, your defense and special teams, more so defense, is a shell of what it was in 2009. They kept us in a bunch of games in 2009 that I am not sure this year's defense can do.

#2, You aren't going to have 2 teams "lay down" for you like you did in 2009 with playoff spots already wrapped up.

#3, you don't have the #1 rushing attack like you had in 2009 that could mask a lot of Mark's shortcomings.

Like I say, a playoff spot is attainable, but it isn't going to be as easy this time around getting to 9-7
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    I agree that a wild card is attainable, but there are a few factors that are MUCH different than 2009:

#1, your defense and special teams, more so defense, is a shell of what it was in 2009. They kept us in a bunch of games in 2009 that I am not sure this year's defense can do.

#2, You aren't going to have 2 teams "lay down" for you like you did in 2009 with playoff spots already wrapped up.

#3, you don't have the #1 rushing attack like you had in 2009 that could mask a lot of Mark's shortcomings.

Like I say, a playoff spot is attainable, but it isn't going to be as easy this time around getting to 9-7
    All of which are fair statements.

Stupid question - why do you say "You", and not "Us" or "We".

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash

exactly right...I didnt want to be the party pooper.

In 2009 we were extremely lucky.

Jets are 11-13 since last season and have lost 8 of the last 11 games. Now they have to go 6-2 with the 21st ranked Offense and 24th ranked defense? Thats going to be tough.

If we beat seattle coming out the bye then I think the Jets have a chance at going on a run.

Just remember some of those teams on our schedule are also vying for a playoff spot. Those teams are looking at the schedule and counting the Jets as a win .

The way the Jets are playing now a realistic 7-9 or 8-8 finish is more than likely.

With losses at Seattle, Rams, Pats. Wins at Ariz Jags Titans . Both Chargers and Bills games will be tough. Those could go either way.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-05-2012 at 01:22 PM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I hope we turn it around soon would hate to miss the playoffs two years in a row

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    exactly right...I didnt want to be the party pooper.

In 2009 we were extremely lucky.

Jets are 11-13 since last season and have lost 8 of the last 11 games. Now they have to go 6-2 with the 21st ranked Offense and 24th ranked defense? Thats going to be tough.

If we beat seattle coming out the bye then I think the Jets have a chance at going on a run.

Just remember some of those teams on our schedule are also vying for a playoff spot. Those teams are looking at the schedule and counting the Jets as a win .

The way the Jets are playing now a realistic 7-9 or 8-8 finish is more than likely.

With losses at Seattle, Rams, Pats. Wins at Ariz Jags Titans . Both Chargers and Bills games will be tough. Those could go either way.
    I dont disagree, but part of my point is all SB winners need luck. That is certainly part of the game IMO. I wasnt saying we WILL do it, I was saying we CAN do it...big difference.

Also, no way we should lose to STL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I dont disagree, but part of my point is all SB winners need luck. That is certainly part of the game IMO. I wasnt saying we WILL do it, I was saying we CAN do it...big difference.
    Wasnt saying you did. I was just pointing out a more realistic view of what will prob happen with the season.

If the Jets were playing well, didnt have the injuries and the defense was at least close to last year Id say yeah 6-2 is realistic..but we have none of that and we have a HC who is more stubborn than a mule.

You also say no way we should lose to Rams. Why? They are home, have a stout defense and an offense equal to that of the Jets. Keep in mind they will get Lil Danny Amendola back this week.
    I also think Shotty has something to prove.

Just thought about it.....If wayne Hunter is starting the Jets will win!! QC will get 5 sacks.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 11-05-2012 at 01:51 PM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    I would love if the jets got on a roll, we just need a spark. Maybe a big game by sanchez or the D line kicking *****

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash

What is more sad than anything is that the game with St. Louis is even a "toss up." I mean come on, you are talking about a team that went what 3-13 last year. If you can't beat them, even on the road, you are pathetic. Yet right now, I'm not sure if the Jets can, given what I saw two weeks ago against Miami.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash

I would say that SB winners make their own luck.

vCash
    What is more sad than anything is that the game with St. Louis is even a "toss up." I mean come on, you are talking about a team that went what 3-13 last year. If you can't beat them, even on the road, you are pathetic. Yet right now, I'm not sure if the Jets can, given what I saw two weeks ago against Miami.
    Im going to stick with the fact that after the bye the jets normally play better. This week will tell us what we have for sure with our team.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    I am not going to discredit the fact that 53 players on the JETS live in NYC with a storm that was said to guarantee flooding and jeopardize the safety of those in the city was coming literally right after the game. I cannot discredit this. I am sure minds were on families, safeties, and the chaos that would ensue. With that being said, there are reasons, but no excuses. The storm very well could have been a/the reason, nonetheless it is not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I would say that SB winners make their own luck.
    I know what you mean here, I wasnt thrilled about having to use the term "luck" and knew I would have to defend that term.

My point is that I dont care what season or team you look at, there are humans involved. When humans are involved - mistakes happen. When mistakes happen, someone capitalizes. OR....some ridiculous you will never see again type scenario.

Examples:
    Super Bowl 2006 Blown Calls that Referre Bill Leavy admitted to after the fact...definately impacting the Steelers winning...notice I didnt say the sole reason they won, because Seattle could have overcome or Steelers could NOT have capitalized. Do the Steeler still deserve credit? Yes.

The David Tyree catch - this is an anomamly. Yes, an amazing play...from Eli escaping ridiculous pressure to the catch itself...but you will never see this again, and this is downright ridiculous.

How about this - because it could have gone either way, and it was "lucky" it went their way:
    "The Giants were aided by a controversial play on their final drive when Victor Cruz appeared to fumble the ball without being tackled. However, upon review it was determined that he had willfully given himself up before he fumbled and as such, he was considered to be down"
    Week 4 Win against Arizona - difference between Wild Card at 9-7 at not in playoffs at 8-8.

Bottom line is to get in at 9-7, you need some luck, just like we had in 09 with Indy and Cincy laying down...Replace Luck with "Things going your way" or "Get the bounce" what have you. I am not taking anything away from them, but it is truth.
    Last edited by Realistik84; 11-06-2012 at 02:29 PM.

vCash
    I never give up on a game, or a season, and I don't see why anyone else would, UNLESS they're afraid that losing something that they have absolutely no control over, will lessen their self-esteem - which would be silly.

I can't imagine why anyone that is a Jets Fan would start referring to the team with "you," rather than we.

Getting "good breaks," or "lucky bounces" certainly may be influenced by how a team is playing, and just continually coming up with that big "break" when the team needs it, BUT a huge part of this also has to be luck. Yes, skill, and good play tends to help some of the bounces go our way - but downright LUCK - bounce, or lack of bounce of the ball; an official deciding to call a penalty, or not; a turnover that really didn't happen, but can't be overturned because someone's big butt is in the way of the camera.

Also - luck begins to be a self-fullfilling prophecy. Get a good bounce, start winning, start playing harder, and placing yourself - usually with hustle, and technique, in a better situation where the bounce is more likely to go your way.

So teams may help make their luck, but there is no question that blind luck plays a part in every teams season. The more average a team is, the more likely a lucky, or unlucky break will make or break a game/season.

GO JETS!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast