Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 511
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,374
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Look, Kobe has declined the last 3 years. Fact. But trying to bring it back up right now, while he is having a career year efficiency wise, is going to make you look stupid. Wait until he regresses to the mean, and the dust settles (if it does), before you push the whole, "he is declining even now".

    Who knows, maybe Kobe will embrace having his lowest usage in years, and become someone who doesn't just chuck away. If he does, no, he hasn't declined at all. Time will tell.
    If you said that to his face he would probably remind you that "Chucking away" has earned him 5 championships and 2 finals MVP's. Amongst other things....

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    57,024
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    If you said that to his face he would probably remind you that "Chucking away" has earned him 5 championships and 2 finals MVP's. Amongst other things....
    I would never say anything to Kobe's face. He would receive a neck chop, and I would be going to jail....

    What is your point btw? Anytime someone brings up rational against your hero, you bring up 5 rings. Its a team sport bud.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    kobe has declined from his peak. But the fact that he's still a top 3 player in the league while "declining" really shows how good he was during his peak, and how well developed his game is to adjust to his age and mileage.

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would never say anything to Kobe's face. He would receive a neck chop, and I would be going to jail....
    This gave me a nice laugh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Money_23
    kobe has declined from his peak. But the fact that he's still a top 3 player in the league while "declining" really shows how good he was during his peak, and how well developed his game is to adjust to his age and mileage.
    While you could maybe argue he is a Top 3 player its unlikely he'll remain in the Top 5 by seasons end and he wasn't a Top 5 player last year.

    However if he keeps playing the way he has been playing (unselfishly) and remains so effective offensively he could theoretically have another season in the Top 10 and at his age and with his mileage that is indeed quite impressive.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    11,924
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyvine View Post
    Why is Wade being brought up? What does Wade have to do with this convo?
    if infractions were given for every off-topic post PSD would have no members.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

  6. #381
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    11,924
    vCash
    1500
    anyone else find all this "career chucker" commentary to be misplaced? Kobes career scoring efficiency is just fine. his efficiency didn't get legitimately questionable until last season.

    Kobe has a higher career TS% than Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Wilt Chamberlain, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Grant Hill, Bill Walton, Jerry West*, Clyde Drexler, Tony Parker, Walt Frazier, the list goes on.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno87 View Post
    Kobe has a higher career TS% than Tim Duncan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Wilt Chamberlain, Kevin Garnett, Patrick Ewing, Grant Hill, Bill Walton, Jerry West*, Clyde Drexler, Tony Parker, Walt Frazier, the list goes on.
    His TS% in the playoffs from 97-05 was 52%.
    Also TS% alone is not a fool proof way to determine offensive efficiency.

    Consistency is part of efficiency and Kobe over his career has not been a very consistent offensively in terms of efficiency.

    For example in the 2010 playoffs he had a 56-57%TS but he was very inefficient in 2/4 playoff series.

    Calling him a chucker is probably inappropriate (except maybe for certain years, series and games) but his shot selection and decision making at times has been suspect or inferior to other players.

    Luckily for LA his shot selection and decision making seems to be the bests its ever been this year.
    Last edited by Andrew32; 11-19-2012 at 10:51 PM.

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,374
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would never say anything to Kobe's face. He would receive a neck chop, and I would be going to jail....

    What is your point btw? Anytime someone brings up rational against your hero, you bring up 5 rings. Its a team sport bud.
    So kobe's teams were so good that Kobe could just throw the ball up aimlessly countless times and they still won 5 rings? wow! And that whole Kobe is my hero thing is dumb. You people on this site disrespect that man more than anything and I just defend him.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    So kobe's teams were so good that Kobe could just throw the ball up aimlessly countless times and they still won 5 rings? wow!
    Kobe (for all his greatness) was the 2nd best player on 3 of his 5 Chip teams.

    Kobe's late 00 supporting casts were Top 3 in the league and only really Boston had a comparable overall cast.

    Kobe is by far the luckiest player in league history when it comes to career supporting casts and circumstances.

    So yeah although he is a great player and usually was not a detriment to his teams winning 5 Rings is not really that impressive given his circumstances.
    It is impressive but not as impressive as some Kobe fans make it out to be.

    If not for his poor play in the 03 & 04 playoffs he could have won two more titles then he did.
    He also underperformed in the 2008 and 2012 playoffs although I don't necessarily think they would have won even if he played better.

  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    57,024
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    So kobe's teams were so good that Kobe could just throw the ball up aimlessly countless times and they still won 5 rings? wow! And that whole Kobe is my hero thing is dumb. You people on this site disrespect that man more than anything and I just defend him.
    Yep, the Kobe chuckfest didn't work out for chips most times.

    Nah, you are a monster Kobe fan, this is obvious. And I really don't like him, that is obvious too.

    Thank god you finally said "they" instead of "he". You just may be starting to get the fact that your boy has had more roster support than any player in nearly 2 decades.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    His TS% in the playoffs from 97-05 was 52%.
    Also TS% alone is not a fool proof way to determine offensive efficiency.

    Consistency is part of efficiency and Kobe over his career has not been a very consistent offensively in terms of efficiency.

    For example in the 2010 playoffs he had a 56-57%TS but he was very inefficient in 2/4 playoff series.

    Calling him a chucker is probably inappropriate (except maybe for certain years, series and games) but his shot selection and decision making at times has been suspect or inferior to other players.

    Luckily for LA his shot selection and decision making seems to be the bests its ever been this year.
    what's the purpose of only pointing out the first half of his career?
    and also, how exactly do you categorize consistency? like ___ consecutive games of 50% fg? how do you measure it?
    Last edited by Money_23; 11-19-2012 at 11:08 PM.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    Kobe (for all his greatness) was the 2nd best player on 3 of his 5 Chip teams.

    Kobe's late 00 supporting casts were Top 3 in the league and only really Boston had a comparable overall cast.

    Kobe is by far the luckiest player in league history when it comes to career supporting casts and circumstances.

    So yeah although he is a great player and usually was not a detriment to his teams winning 5 Rings is not really that impressive given his circumstances.
    It is impressive but not as impressive as some Kobe fans make it out to be.

    If not for his poor play in the 03 & 04 playoffs he could have won two more titles then he did.
    He also underperformed in the 2008 and 2012 playoffs although I don't necessarily think they would have won even if he played better.
    he didn't underperform in the playoffs as a whole. He did underperform in the finals. he went 26-5-5 on 40%, which was pretty bad.

  13. #388
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,374
    vCash
    1500
    Yep, the Kobe chuckfest didn't work out for chips most times.
    He's 5 for 7 in the finals right?

    Nah, you are a monster Kobe fan, this is obvious. And I really don't like him, that is obvious too.
    Of course im a big Kobe fan. He's the best player on my favorite team and i respect the fact that he is an all-time great in this league. Many of you seem to forget. But once he retires you will all see.

    Thank god you finally said "they" instead of "he". You just may be starting to get the fact that your boy has had more roster support than any player in nearly 2 decades.
    Yea sure. That's what people who hate Kobe say. He never gets credit for making people around him better or his ridiculous will to win. He just was "blessed with the best teams of the past 2 decades". That's hilarious. Nash's Suns were on par, Some of those Mavericks teams were on par, Those spurs teams were on par, the kings were on par... I can go on with teams that were just as good as any lakers team Kobe was on. But fine, lets all discredit an all-time great.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    11,924
    vCash
    1500
    s
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew32 View Post
    His TS% in the playoffs from 97-05 was 52%.
    Also TS% alone is not a fool proof way to determine offensive efficiency.

    Consistency is part of efficiency and Kobe over his career has not been a very consistent offensively in terms of efficiency.

    For example in the 2010 playoffs he had a 56-57%TS but he was very inefficient in 2/4 playoff series.

    Calling him a chucker is probably inappropriate (except maybe for certain years, series and games) but his shot selection and decision making at times has been suspect or inferior to other players.

    Luckily for LA his shot selection and decision making seems to be the bests its ever been this year.
    '97-2005? That's a strange isolation of statistics. If you just want to use the Shaq years, why did you include 2005? Because it was one of Kobes worst years? (you're busted). I could isolate periods where his TS% was dominant, but isolating a section of data to proves ones point serves as a lop-sided basis of analysis. That's why I was speaking in regards to career TS%, because applied tunnel vision can't be used to fit one arguments agenda; the data simply is.

    Consistency has nothing to do with efficiency in the basketball world. your averages are your averages. streaks balanced out, mountains plateau. TS% is quite easily the best metric for overall scoring efficiency. but we've already had this debate...

    this is the part of the post where I make fun of you for being the Shaq fan who attempts to conveniently sweep TS% under the rug
    Dirk dominating at age 35

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    8,228
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I would never say anything to Kobe's face. He would receive a neck chop, and I would be going to jail....

    What is your point btw? Anytime someone brings up rational against your hero, you bring up 5 rings. Its a team sport bud.


Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •