Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Pedroia/Red Sox to talk extension

Joe McDonald of ESPNBoston.com reports that the Red Sox plan to discuss an extension with Dustin Pedroia this offseason.
    They're not anxious to do it right away, as they have to address plenty of other needs first, but it's on their to-do list this winter. Pedroia still has two years remaining on his deal, and the Red Sox also have a club option for 2015, but McDonald says the Sox "have already decided it would be in their best interest" to extend the second baseman's deal even further. The 2008 MVP will earn $10 million in 2013 and 2014, and the Sox' option for 2015 is for $11 million.
    He deserves it. Severely under paid
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash

Red Sox to discuss contract extension with Pedroia

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...edroia-sources

Makes sense considering how much Cano is going to get next year.

vCash
    Rather do it now before Cano gets a huge contract.

vCash
    There is risk with Pedroia. I don't see the rush. 3 more year under contract. He making over $30M during that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    There is risk with Pedroia. I don't see the rush. 3 more year under contract. He making over $30M during that time.
    I agree.
    Perfect combos, Ghost bang out condos
    Jeff from Hamo, ex three bangos
    Bancos, stank hoes in plain clothes
    Change those, bang those, same old, same old

vCash

Pedroia/Red Sox to talk extension

I don't see Pedroia aging very well so I would definitely hold off on an extension especially with 3 years to go.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    By the time his current contract expires in 3 years he'll be entering the wrong end of his career with ALOT of bumps and bruises. I'd add 2, maybe 3 years to his current deal so he's locked up for the next 6 years, but nothing more than that.

I hope that's what Sox management has intended in all this, simply because Pedy plays too hard sometimes. A tip of the cap to him.
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - #7 in the World

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!
    2014 US OPEN watch:

Rd 1. (W) 6-2 6-1

vCash
    Makes sense, Cano's going to get a big blank check.

vCash
    Pedroia has incentive to wait. We wont extend him before Cano.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    That's actually not smart
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    How? Cano gets paid within the next 12 months and when he does Pedroia will get paid even more than he would today. Unless he plays horrible or misses more than half of 2013, it will pay for him to wait for Cano to get extended.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post
    I don't see Pedroia aging very well so I would definitely hold off on an extension especially with 3 years to go.
    Spot on responses #4, #5, #6

One of Theo's tenents was striking early on the really good home grown players. He did it with Pedroia, Lester, Youk, and Buchholz. Buchholz may or may not work out, the others certainly did. He tried 4 times to get Ellsbury extended and I'm sure the RS FO is happy he failed.

Another of Theo's tenents is not to get involved in long term deal with players that would be past the early 30's any significant time of the contract. Right now that's not the case but starting to get into 3-4-5 years on top of the 3 existing years is to invite a situation where overall we will pay him more then he will earn on the field.

BTW, Cano has easily out produced Pedroia over the past 4 years, he's no longer a valid comp.

BTW, since this was leaked, it's clear the opinion of the pink hats is still key to the FO. Too bad. Do it, or don't do it. If they don't many pink hats will be upset now. Why bring that on yourself. Do these guys actually get how a business is run?
    Last edited by bagwell368; 11-16-2012 at 07:06 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I think there's a chance it could happen. I don't view Pedroia as the money-hungry type of baseball player, I still believe he plays for the love of the game. Towards the end of his book he stated that the last contract he signed was more money than he ever needed or could spend and he was happy to be getting paid so much to play a game he loves in a city he loves.

Yeah from a current baseball players POV he should wait to see what Cano gets, but for some reason I don't think he really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    From the Red Sox POV if they are to extend him they should try to do it before Cano's deal.

I believe Nomar was basically stating that from Pedey's POV he should wait - he could get more money.

How? Cano gets paid within the next 12 months and when he does Pedroia will get paid even more than he would today. Unless he plays horrible or misses more than half of 2013, it will pay for him to wait for Cano to get extended.
    I have a hunch that if both sides are serious they will get something done and don't think Pedey would care what Robinson "One Day He'll Win an MVP and Batting Title" Cano receives.

Like Bags mentioned aside from grit, heart, and the occasional "f-yeah" Cano has surpassed Pedey these past few seasons. There really isn't much of a comparison anymore.

I do love the little bastard though.

vCash
    He has more value to us as trade bait I fear. What would the extension look like?

vCash
    Its wayyyyyyyy to soon. In 3 years we will have Coyle knocking on the door. Seriously i'd rather see Boston trade him at the deadline.

How about Pedroia to Arizona for Bauer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast