Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    out of curiosity... how badly does it hurt to get one done?

I want one, but I'm rather afraid of needles
    99% of places not bad at all. The other 1% hurt a little worst. Where you wanting to get it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    99% of places not bad at all. The other 1% hurt a little worst. Where you wanting to get it?
    most likely on my shoulder, or some area where I can be wearing casual business attire and not have it show

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash

It matters where you get it. My calf hurt more than the one on my shoulder and the one on my shoulder is 10x bigger than the one on my calf. It felt like my leg was on fire.

vCash

It depends on who does it. If it's a professional, it's gonna hurt like a mother****er. If it's a scratcher, it probably won't hurt at all. I don't have any scratch work, just professional, but some friends of mine have scratch tattoos and they always say it doesn't hurt. Then they go to the guy that does mine and they whine about the pain

When I was 18 and got my first tattoo, the tattoo artist said, "if tattoos didn't hurt then every ***** *** mother****er would have one". Very true.

vCash
    Do you know how many people have tattoos these days? ***** *** mother****ers included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    It depends on who does it. If it's a professional, it's gonna hurt like a mother****er. If it's a scratcher, it probably won't hurt at all. I don't have any scratch work, just professional, but some friends of mine have scratch tattoos and they always say it doesn't hurt. Then they go to the guy that does mine and they whine about the pain

When I was 18 and got my first tattoo, the tattoo artist said, "if tattoos didn't hurt then every ***** *** mother****er would have one". Very true.
    That's not accurate. I think the guy that made mine is a professional and my tattoo is very well made, granted that it's small, but the details are very well made (striaght lines, spacing etc etc) and mine did not hurt

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    I have one done by a professional and it didn't hurt in the slightest.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    I have one done by a professional and it didn't hurt in the slightest.
    *Like*

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Maybe it's just me

I do think it has to do with the artist though, my friend had nothing but scratch work until he went to the guy that does mine. He called me a ***** for saying it hurts until he got tattooed by the guy that tattoos me It also has to do with how many needles are used. Line tattoos don't use many but big spots of color and shading use up to 16 needles at once.

vCash
    Tatoos hurt, at some point in time during your sitting it will, a lot of people say " didn't hurt" to show off or just sound cool I dunno what the agenda is

Your Bicep, Ribs , Feet are the most notable painful spots to get inked on, I mean it can vary with people..

What I have is the Boston skyline, on the inside closer to my elbow, Fenway Park was some of the worst pain I have ever experienced, but oddly enough closer to my armpit the TD garden on my bicep didn't really hurt, felt like like my shoulder which had its small painful moments.

http://i48.tinypic.com/rveiqo.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/343sys8.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lij7kk.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman508 View Post
    Tatoos hurt, at some point in time during your sitting it will, a lot of people say " didn't hurt" to show off or just sound cool I dunno what the agenda is

Your Bicep, Ribs , Feet are the most notable painful spots to get inked on, I mean it can vary with people..

What I have is the Boston skyline, on the inside closer to my elbow, Fenway Park was some of the worst pain I have ever experienced, but oddly enough closer to my armpit the TD garden on my bicep didn't really hurt, felt like like my shoulder which had its small painful moments.

http://i48.tinypic.com/rveiqo.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/343sys8.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2lij7kk.jpg
    That looks pretty great.

About the pain, I mean, at some points it did hurt like if you were being pinched continuously on the same spot, but overall, on a scale from 1-10 I would give my tattoo a 3.5 in pain. And again, I expected to almost cry, considering it's on the inside of the bicep which is supposed to be one of the most painful places.

A friend of mine has a huge piece on his ribs and he says it hurt like a *****, especially the detailing and the coloring. Maybe you can see it here

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater
    Last edited by Havoc Wreaker; 11-15-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Props.LgnD.

vCash
    Thats sick, but thats a crazy amount of hours to sit through for a rib tattoo. Which is pretty much recognized as the most painful, if I had to guess.

vCash

Tattoo Discussion

In terms of pain, no doubt where you get it is a big factor. Another factor, for me anyways, is the thickness of the outline. My rosé has a very thin outline and it didn't hurt at all. My cherry blossoms are all very thick and REALLY hurt, even though it was only my arm.

What else makes a tattoo hurt is when you take a break and go back. That's why I like powering through with no breaks. When you take a break, you start to feel the pain on your arm and it begins to heal, so if you come back in 15 minutes it really hurts. That's my experiences anyways.

I've been able to learn a decent amount on pain through my sittings. I'm up to 21 hours on my arm with a ton more to go. 2 or 3 sittings left.

vCash
    Im getting mine finished then my next arm around or before christmas

however I am not looking forward to the pain the full rib piece that I have drawn out will feel like... but looking forward to how it looks in the end

Pain wise the inside of my bicep

Fenway Park 8 maybe 7 really really hurt

TD Garden like a 3 maybe 2

Outside of my arm like the outline for the Zakim (Bunker Hill Memorial ) Bridge was like a pain in the *** 3 all them lines

really bad picture but when finished will have a better shot not much left

EDIT : good point, I mean a break I take like a 5 minute break if anything but usually just get it done right through
    Last edited by Caveman508; 11-15-2012 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc_Wr3aker View Post
    That looks pretty great.

About the pain, I mean, at some points it did hurt like if you were being pinched continuously on the same spot, but overall, on a scale from 1-10 I would give my tattoo a 3.5 in pain. And again, I expected to almost cry, considering it's on the inside of the bicep which is supposed to be one of the most painful places.

A friend of mine has a huge piece on his ribs and he says it hurt like a *****, especially the detailing and the coloring. Maybe you can see it here

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

That tattoo your friend got is ****ing amazing.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast