Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    crazy thought, but would u guys do Gallo for AAAA back and slide Iggy back to SF where he's probably better suited?

McGee
    Faried
    Iggy
    AAA
    Ty
    No. Gallo needs hold more worth then simply getting AAA back. If that happens the melo trade basically netted the nuggets wilson chandler, andre miller, and timo. 2 injury prone players and a guy that is about to retire. Ive said all along the trade was basically Melo for Gallo
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 11-10-2012 at 12:48 PM.

vCash
    Gallo has shot only 39.5% since joining the Nuggets. The league average over that time is over 45% fgp. If Gallo is our "best shooter" then we are in real trouble.
    Many Nuggets fans believe that Gallo's poor shooting is uncharacteristic and some sort of aberration. They keep waiting for him to break out of this funk. Expecting that he will suddenly snap out of it when really that is just who he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jt1bui View Post
    Gallo will be fine, he's just getting back in shape and back in the groove after that ankle injury. Once he gets that strength back in his ankle and legs, he'll start knocking down shots.

As for Champ, this past game as I posted before, wasn't thoroughly beaten. Yes he gave up some catches to AJ Green but they were not for long gains. The longest gain he had in the day in which he got around 35 of his total yards from he was being covered by a linebacker. He played well, forced some incompletes and broke up some passes.

With Chandler, he is being held out of games because of coaches. I'm sure they want him fully recovered so that he can play the rest of the season. He just signed a new contract and coming off of hip surgery. You do not want to rush things and set him back. Once he's fully healthy, and they should keep him out until then, he should help with our 3 point shooting as well as our defense.
    Yea, we have to be really careful with Ill Will. Or else he will miss more time and we have to continue to wait for him to see what he has. But Ill will is quite a target in Nugget nation...

I have addressed that particular statement on champ in the bengals/broncos game thread so I'll leave it at that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    No. Gallo needs hold more worth then simply getting AAA back. If that happens the melo trade basically netted the nuggets wilson chandler, andre miller, and timo. 2 injury prone players and a guy that is about to retire. Ive said all along the trade was basically Melo for Gallo
    So this isn't correct. If that were to happen, gallo would have netted us iggy, so it would be Iggy, Chandler, Miller and Timo. But wait you missed key additions in the trade. We landed Jordan Hamilton and Kostas Koufus as a result as well. You also forget that we traded Billups also! This trade was about a lot more than "Melo for Gallo" It was Billups, Melo for Wilson, Gallo, Timo, Koufus, Miller and Hamilton. What's also funny is that Anthony Randolph and Corey Brewer were also a part of this trade that the Nuggs didn't want at the time. This trade put both players in position to be traded and signed to and by the nuggets. This trade resulted directly and indirectly in the acquisition of 8 players. That's over half our team. So please do not dull the forums with your way overgeneralized "Melo for Gallo" statement. If those are the only two names you noticed out of that trade, you do not watch the nuggs. Wilson was also better in pretty much every category than Gallo when that trade went down. In fact the Knicks first offer was a Chandler for Melo swap straight up. Knicks were under the cap so it would have worked.

vCash
    no way gallo for AAA. Gallo will be fine. He is averaging 12 and 7 rebounds. If he gets that first number to around 16-18 then it will be great. The starting unit (mostly the sg/sf) are still getting used to each other. Even if Gallo has a "break out" year I still don't think he should be the #1 guy. That should always be Ty. Ty and not Gallo or Iggy. Maybe Iggy/Gallo can take those last shots but Ty needs to be the enforcer offensively.

vCash
    crazy but maybe Gallo needs a benching lol. Start Chandler when he gets back for a few games!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    So this isn't correct. If that were to happen, gallo would have netted us iggy, so it would be Iggy, Chandler, Miller and Timo. But wait you missed key additions in the trade. We landed Jordan Hamilton and Kostas Koufus as a result as well. You also forget that we traded Billups also! This trade was about a lot more than "Melo for Gallo" It was Billups, Melo for Wilson, Gallo, Timo, Koufus, Miller and Hamilton. What's also funny is that Anthony Randolph and Corey Brewer were also a part of this trade that the Nuggs didn't want at the time. This trade put both players in position to be traded and signed to and by the nuggets. This trade resulted directly and indirectly in the acquisition of 8 players. That's over half our team. So please do not dull the forums with your way overgeneralized "Melo for Gallo" statement. If those are the only two names you noticed out of that trade, you do not watch the nuggs. Wilson was also better in pretty much every category than Gallo when that trade went down. In fact the Knicks first offer was a Chandler for Melo swap straight up. Knicks were under the cap so it would have worked.
    Quality over quantity. No one from that trade except POSSIBLY gallo is anywhere near melos level. Plus melo never gets injured while half the players we got seem to have injury problems.

Bottom line is we traded a top 5 NBA star for some guys who have injury history and potential. I dont care about guys like anthony randolph cause they wont do anything in the league anyways except ride the bench.

Chandler has played like 5 games in a nugget uniform since getting here so again until he shows his injury has fully recovered and he can play without getting injured I rest my case.

Nuggets best five players are: 1.) Ty Lawson (drafted) 2. Gallo (big piece in melo trade) 3. Mcgee (Traded nene....not part of melo deal 4.) Faried (once again drafted) 5. Iggy (traded AAA and harrington...not part of melo deal). I dont buy the wilson chandler hype. Jordan hamilton has potential but Karl never plays him so whats the point?

So out of the top 5 nugget players only 1 came from the melo deal. Iggy was not part of the deal. Afflalo and harrington were on the team while melo was here.

Edit: I forgot andre miller. He is a nice player and a Karl favorite but hes not youthful like Raymond Felton. Longterm we lost on trading felton.

At the end of the day we have trade assets and not alot of star talent. Like some posters have said we need to package some of this unnecessary depth for a true star like Josh Smith. Oh and Gallanari has a way higher ceiling then afflalo so that would be another fail move. Nuggets shooting would tank even more.
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 11-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    crazy thought, but would u guys do Gallo for AAAA back and slide Iggy back to SF where he's probably better suited?

McGee
    Faried
    Iggy
    AAA
    Ty
    absolutely!!! i love AAA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    absolutely!!! i love AAA!!
    who would stretch the floor with that lineup? Terrible long range shooting minus Ty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    no way gallo for AAA. Gallo will be fine. He is averaging 12 and 7 rebounds. If he gets that first number to around 16-18 then it will be great. The starting unit (mostly the sg/sf) are still getting used to each other. Even if Gallo has a "break out" year I still don't think he should be the #1 guy. That should always be Ty. Ty and not Gallo or Iggy. Maybe Iggy/Gallo can take those last shots but Ty needs to be the enforcer offensively.
    yeah hes averaging 12 points, but its taking him like 20 shots to get there.

i dont know what to do with gallo... it seems like every year we wait for him to do something, but he hasnt so far. he has just been miserable to watch this year, and if it continues he definately should find his way to the bench.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFreshNsoClean View Post
    who would stretch the floor with that lineup? Terrible long range shooting minus Ty
    at this point AAA is far more effective from behind the arc than gallo...

vCash
    afflalo is a career 40% 3 point shooter. gallo is a career 36% 3 point shooter so in that area its an upgrade

vCash
    Orlando would do that trade fast in my opinion but the Nuggets should not. Gallo and Wilson are much better players than they have shown because of injury. For the first 1-2 months of last season Gallo looked like a guy who could be an all star. Sell high not low.
    I'm always happy to discuss anything from hoops, to hockey, to reality TV with anyone that is polite no matter what their opinion. With that said if you are disrespectful or dishonest poster please do not expect a reply.

vCash
    No way I would trade Gallo for AAA. I am a big AAA fan but Gallo has more to his game than AAA. And he IS the best shooter on the Nuggets. That's not my opinion, thats the opinion of the coaches and players. I think they know what they are talking about since they work/practice/play with him almost every day.

While he hasn't produced it on the court so far this year, I would think twice before having a knee jerk reaction. Gallo is not just a shooter but also a playmaker.

The Nuggets are a better team with Gallo on the roster. Period.

He will produce.

vCash
    Ya be a little patient guys gallo will make those shots. It has only been the fourth game so it doesnt mean he will suck for the rest of the season. Don't pull a mike brown.

As for the trade we have been.way better without melo. Not once did we ever challenge the lakers to a 7 game series. Felton trade was bad??????? Felton sucked in portland and Dre has been productive with us. Dont forget, that trade was made so that ty could have full reign with this team. The hype on WC Is just him being a productive 6th man and nothing else. We have been unfortunate with him playing ij China andbthen getting injured as soon as he came back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast