Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

What's Wrong with Danilo?

Let me preface this by saying this isn't a hate thread. Gallo is my favorite player in the league.

I haven't been able to watch as many Nuggets games as I would have liked, so I have no idea what's wrong with Gallo. Is it his injury? Is his shooting just extremely off? Is he not meshing with Iggy? Is he being put in a difficult position? Or is he just getting worse?

vCash
    I think it is a little nagging injury and extremely low confidence like last year. I think his ankle was bothering him a little but Karl should go to Gallo early in the game to get him into a groove. He isn't driving as much as he did last year but that could be the ankle. He has good looks but just isn't hitting them. It will come..

vCash
    It seems like this question is asked a lot. Not by just Nugget fans but others as well.

There's a entire list in which you can pick. Low confidence, injury, slump, out of shape...take your pick.

At this point, I just want to see 3 things.

Attack the bucket, play defense, get rebounds.

Granted his shooting is suppose to be his bread and butter, but if he can't hit them...then be productive elsewhere.

I certainly hope it will come around...but we have been saying that for a bit now...

vCash
    he has been rebounding the ball well though. Once he gets his shot going and Chandler is healthy our 3 pt shooting should improve vastly.

vCash
    Gallo sucks, I have said it for a year now he can't take over a game, he stumbles over himself and just looks lost out there!! I hope we trade him and the over hyped McGee while they have some value left!!

vCash
    Well I don't share those sentiments...but with Uriji anything can flow.

I still believe gallo is a very important piece to this club. And McGee as well..considering he's our only consistent shot blocker.

Got to have someone who can protect the paint.

vCash
    So you can bash Champ but wont do the same for Gallo or McGee a little double standard don't you think?? Champ has one bad game and he is burned and cant cover anyone yet Gallo has proven he stumbles and basically chokes and yet your still all over him.. Sorry but a little double standard?? Champ gives up one TD in a year and he sucks yet Gallo has done nothing but be a Euro stumbling I can't take it to the rim and ohh now I can't shoot player and you still got his back?? Double standard!!

vCash
    Whoa whoa whoa...where is this "double standard" thing coming from??

In regards to Champ Bailey, I simply said he got beat pretty thoroughly (which he most certainly did) in that ONE game. I didn't say anything about how he "can't cover anyone" or that he'll continue to get beat throughout the season..or that "he sucks"..etc. I just pointed out the fact that he got beat in that game. Nothing more.

In this case, I just said I didn't share the thoughts of trading McGee or Gallo. That doesn't mean that I haven't done my bashing on Gallo or McGee or that I shy away from it. It just means what I meant it to say....that I don't want to trade Gallo or McGee right now. Not that I'm saying they can do no wrong. That's what a double standard is. When you bash someone for their poor play then ignore the other person's poor play...that's not what I'm doing here..
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 11-10-2012 at 05:23 AM.

vCash
    We've been saying "this is the year Gallo will break out" for a few years now. Yet his numbers have not increased much, if any since his first full season.

Maybe we just have to accept that he's not going to be a star or even a #2 or #3 guy, but rather a solid all around player. the 27% shooting is alarming though, but Gallo has never been a high % shooter, his best season shooting was 42%, not counting his rookie year when he played sparingly.

To me Chandler has been the bigger disappointment, he's fallen off the face of the earth since the trade and its always some injury with him. Now it looks like he might be out again Saturday.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 11-10-2012 at 07:49 AM.

vCash
    Gallo will be fine, he's just getting back in shape and back in the groove after that ankle injury. Once he gets that strength back in his ankle and legs, he'll start knocking down shots.

As for Champ, this past game as I posted before, wasn't thoroughly beaten. Yes he gave up some catches to AJ Green but they were not for long gains. The longest gain he had in the day in which he got around 35 of his total yards from he was being covered by a linebacker. He played well, forced some incompletes and broke up some passes.

With Chandler, he is being held out of games because of coaches. I'm sure they want him fully recovered so that he can play the rest of the season. He just signed a new contract and coming off of hip surgery. You do not want to rush things and set him back. Once he's fully healthy, and they should keep him out until then, he should help with our 3 point shooting as well as our defense.

vCash
    this year imo is the make or break year for both gallo and chandler, if they dont get their issues fixed and stay healthy i think they get traded..... The Nene trade proved to me that if a player simply isnt performing to the necessary standards Ujiri will look to other options

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IgglesFanInCO View Post
    this year imo is the make or break year for both gallo and chandler, if they dont get their issues fixed and stay healthy i think they get traded..... The Nene trade proved to me that if a player simply isnt performing to the necessary standards Ujiri will look to other options
    To me they got to the trade deadline to show something. The problem is if they aren't showing something up to that point it will be hard to trade em

vCash
    crazy thought, but would u guys do Gallo for AAAA back and slide Iggy back to SF where he's probably better suited?

McGee
    Faried
    Iggy
    AAA
    Ty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    crazy thought, but would u guys do Gallo for AAAA back and slide Iggy back to SF where he's probably better suited?

McGee
    Faried
    Iggy
    AAA
    Ty
    oh god yes that would be such a better team chemistry

vCash
    For whatever reason Gallo was playing really well with Nene but when he was traded gallo looked lost on the court the remainder of the season

someone wrote up a big post a while back on how nenes skill set on the court really helped gallo but I forgot what exactly he said

Not making exuses for gallo but his play went downhill after the trade last year happened. (that and injuries)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast