Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    It was okay to give up on Wesley Johnson in his second year though?
    I'm not so high and mighty on myself to determine that. I was hoping he could pull it out, but the main difference is that we've seen Derrick Williams improve some things and be aggressive, while Wes regressed and took a passive role.

vCash
    Very very irritating loss. Gotta be satisfied with 4-2. Really tough right now. Let's hope we can take the Mavs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by silverson View Post
    Crappy game...
    a) PJ we traded Wes after his second year. Williams is 6 games into his second year. Guys if the right trade comes along we will trade him, until then let's leave Adelman to do his job
    b) I loathe Noah. Ever since he was a college player. And I hate the Bulls as well
    c) What happened with Bud?
    Regarding the Williams thing, I know we traded Wes after his second year, but people clearly turned on him early in his second year...but now, for some reason, it is unfair to turn on a guy who can't shoot the ball, can't dribble, and doesnt have an NBA position??? I would love nothing more for him to turn into a reliable player, but nothing has shown me he can be that. Sure he had okay games on back to back nights, but when you force as many shots as he does, some of those are bound to go in.

vCash
    Kirilenko had 11 points/12 rebounds/7 assists. Had no idea. My dude.

vCash
    The Dwill argument sounds very familiar to what I was saying last year.

vCash
    It was a very good game for being on the second game of a back to back. I do think the officials called way too many Ticky take fouls, especially for the Bulls. We are 4-2 and I fully expect us to get revenge when Love and Rubio get back. The bulls are physical as hell.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    Kirilenko had 11 points/12 rebounds/7 assists. Had no idea. My dude.
    Consistency is his game. You will always be able to count on him to contribute something positive to a game.

vCash
    Regarding the Williams thing, I know we traded Wes after his second year, but people clearly turned on him early in his second year...but now, for some reason, it is unfair to turn on a guy who can't shoot the ball, can't dribble, and doesnt have an NBA position??? I would love nothing more for him to turn into a reliable player, but nothing has shown me he can be that. Sure he had okay games on back to back nights, but when you force as many shots as he does, some of those are bound to go in.
    I don't know who you are purporting as having this double standard - I supported Wes through last year and even hoped an actual off-season could help.

Williams is inconsistent, but obviously he can do those things if he is driving on guys, hitting mid-range, hitting long-range and hitting from the line. And has he really looked out of position lately? Jim Peterson and others have praised him for improving his D so he can have a position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I'm not so high and mighty on myself to determine that. I was hoping he could pull it out, but the main difference is that we've seen Derrick Williams improve some things and be aggressive, while Wes regressed and took a passive role.
    I see the difference between Williams staying aggressive, and being passive, as the line between becoming the next Wes J, or the next Beasley. Unfortunately, I dont think being aggressive helps Williams much, as he forces the issue too much, and doesnt play within the offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    I don't know who you are purporting as having this double standard - I supported Wes through last year and even hoped an actual off-season could help.

Williams is inconsistent, but obviously he can do those things if he is driving on guys, hitting mid-range, hitting long-range and hitting from the line. And has he really looked out of position lately? Jim Peterson and others have praised him for improving his D so he can have a position.
    So, you were wrong about Johnson, but obviously you cant be wrong about Williams, right?

vCash
    This is starting to sound like the vikings forum..

vCash
    Who here was a fan of Evan Turner coming out of Ohio St? How good was he his first year and a half as the #2 pick?

vCash
    and it isnt lack of consistency that has me down on Williams, it is that he hasnt really showed any skill...can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass, has a much lower basketball IQ than was advertised when we drafted him, also, doesnt seem to be willing to accept fault for his short comings.

vCash
    Missed the game, tough one back to back especially short-handed. Sucks about Bud, hopefully it's not too serious.

vCash
    So, you were wrong about Johnson, but obviously you cant be wrong about Williams, right?
    When did I say that? I said give Williams some more time - players are made not born.

Btw, Williams "can't hit 3s" and yet he's 40% on the year.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast