Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dodgers after tori Hunter...but why?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/10/the-dodgers-are-aggressively-pursuing-torii-hunter/

vCash
    Ethier may be traded afterall.. Does not make sense... Unless the Dodgers have a deal to send Ethier to Boston/Rangers/Dbacks

DEDICATED TO DWIGHT HOWARD

vCash
    Do u think there trying to get an ace for ethier?

vCash
    The Dodgers are "aggressively pursuing" Torii Hunter according to a team executive. GM Ned Colletti wouldn't confirm the team's interest, but he did say that he did not have any trade talks about Andre Ethier during the GM Meetings this week.
    The Dodgers will have meetings early next week to formulate a plan that involves signing Hunter and acquiring a frontline starter. They've already spoken to representatives for Zack Greinke and Anibal Sanchez, but are out on Ryan Dempster.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#UdyPzP63qFwuM04A.99

vCash
    If you think about it... The Dbacks are gonna try and trade Upton.. That leaves a spot open for Ethier. They have a ton of pitching. I know we shouldn't trade Ethier in the same division, but its a possibility. Both the Red Sox and the Rangers will be in need of Ethier's services as well, especially after the Rangers announced they are only offering Hamilton a 3yr contract.

DEDICATED TO DWIGHT HOWARD

vCash
    A trade of either for a starting pitcher makes since only if we think Crawford is ready and they fill the spot with puig or pederson

vCash
    dodgers sign hunter. trade ethier for some solid prospects and have money to sign grenike

vCash
    first of all, why hunter? and second, which team would take ethiers inflated contract? If we do eat some portion we better get something good in return. I dont want some over the hill pitcher, we have plenty.

vCash
    Basically he would be our 4th outfielder. An upgrade over Gwynn, there is no way this is to move Ethier, dude is 37. I would be fine with a 1 or 2 year deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mexican dodger View Post
    Do u think there trying to get an ace for ethier?
    There's no way the Dodgers could get an ace for Ethier.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
    Basically he would be our 4th outfielder. An upgrade over Gwynn, there is no way this is to move Ethier, dude is 37. I would be fine with a 1 or 2 year deal.
    Hunter's not a fourth OF. He'll sign to be a starter. He's still been very productive in his mid 30s. I even hope the Giants sign him on 1-2 year deal if they don't bring back Melky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinBlue View Post
    Actually he could very likely be our RF. Not a horrible move overall when you look at it. First, Hunter is very good friends with Matt Kemp. Second, he put up similar numbers to Ethiers'. Third, he is 37 and will only get a 2 year deal which is when Puig/Pederson will be ready to take his place.

This move gets rid of Ethiers long term contract and makes room for the young guy of the future.

They will not get an "Ace" for him packaged with Capuano they may be able to get Shields though.
    Last edited by Scully in 2012; 11-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Tori is getting close to the end of his career, and Ethier is in his prime. It would be stupid to even try to trade Ethier; no team is going to pick up a 5-year contract. I'd rather have Ethier than Tori, but then again he might be platooned with Ethier since he can't hit lefties. If that's the case I'm cool with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Tori is getting close to the end of his career, and Ethier is in his prime. It would be stupid to even try to trade Ethier; no team is going to pick up a 5-year contract. I'd rather have Ethier than Tori, but then again he might be platooned with Ethier since he can't hit lefties. If that's the case I'm cool with it.
    Exactly my point, you don't sign a31 stud to an 85 million dollar contract, trade him a couple months later, and then replace him with a 37. He is a fourth outfielder, an insurance contract if Crawford is not ready or Kemp has a setback.

vCash

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    There's no way the Dodgers could get an ace for Ethier.

Hunter's not a fourth OF. He'll sign to be a starter. He's still been very productive in his mid 30s. I even hope the Giants sign him on 1-2 year deal if they don't bring back Melky.
    why cant he be a fourth outfielder.He's older now and since the dodgers have money they can pay starters to be reserves, it makes sense to have more quality depth specially since crawford wont be ready at the beginning of the season.All 3 outfield starters probably wont be healthy all year long, plus they need days off so adding a starter as a fourth outfielder gives them depth and is a great idea.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedinBlue:24263992
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Exactly my point, you don't sign a31 stud to an 85 million dollar contract, trade him a couple months later, and then replace him with a 37. He is a fourth outfielder, an insurance contract if Crawford is not ready or Kemp has a setback.
    and to play vs lefties

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast