Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

First Impressions

Upsets of the Night:

South Alabama 76 - (25)Florida State 71
    UConn 66 - (14)Michigan State 62
    St. Peters 56 - Rutgers 52 [Maybe people don't care about this one that much, but Rutgers is an established Big East school and they lost to a team named the Peacocks that went 5-26 last year.]

Impressive Performances:

Isaiah Austin of Baylor- Goes 10-12 from the field, 2-4 from three (as a 7 footer), 4 rebounds and 2 blocks. All before leaving the game with a sprained ankle. This guy might be the most talented freshman in the country.
    Alex Len of Maryland- 23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks against one of the best front lines in the country in Kentucky.
    James Michael McAdoo of UNC- 26 points on 50% shooting (left 5 at the line), 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. Seems like a candidate for a sophomore breakout.

Obviously games are still in progress, so this isn't the final word of the night.

Kentucky is going to be hard to beat if they play the way they did in the first half. They have unmatched size-- no one in the country can match their front line's length, athleticism, and shotblocking ability. Wiltjer can rain threes as a forward, there's your key shooter. Add in Archie Goodwin who gets to the basket whenever the hell he feels like it, and you have a team that, if they put it together, will be in the final four. Love them or hate them, they are scary good.

I did not watch many games but I am poring the box scores. If any of you have stuff that you caught from the games that you watched, feel free to enlighten us.

vCash
    IU is good. Yogi Ferrell is better than advertised and having Cody Zeller isn't even fair at this point. Our depth is ridiculous. Many of our key players got consistent over the offseason. Also our terrible D from last is GREATLY improved.

And that is just a quick summary

Just watch out!

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theriot2 View Post
    IU is good. Yogi Ferrell is better than advertised and having Cody Zeller isn't even fair at this point. Our depth is ridiculous. Many of our key players got consistent over the offseason. Also our terrible D from last is GREATLY improved.

And that is just a quick summary

Just watch out!
    And a great feat, eking out a victory over the Bryant University Bulldogs who won an astounding 2 games last year!

Just messing with you guys. You're number 1 for a reason, should be fun to watch as you get into the real games.

vCash
    Freshman Georges Niang is going to be a good one. In his first game tonight he finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds coming off the bench. He's definitely going to be starting by the time conference play starts.

Just glad to have college basketball back.

vCash
    Florida looked decent in the only half we played today but like Ohio State-Marquette, condensation on the court canceled the game.

I have a solution to these aircraft carrier games on the east coast. I know it's radical but it just might work: play them during the day.

vCash
    glad mich. st. lost

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    Florida looked decent in the only half we played today but like Ohio State-Marquette, condensation on the court canceled the game.

I have a solution to these aircraft carrier games on the east coast. I know it's radical but it just might work: play them during the day.
    you stop making so much sense. stop it right now.

considering we were playing severely undermanned, i was impressed with the effort... ball control is going to be a big thing for us so long as wilbekein is suspended, and boynton clearly plays better off the ball, but i trust billy to work it all out.

also great to see my other team (uconn... i grew up in CT and was a huskies fan long before i even knew about UF. but, alas, my alma mater will always have the majority of my heart) put it to a top-15 team in the start of the kevin ollie era. always loved ollie... even interviewed him once. great to start to what will nevertheless be a crappy season thanks to the ncaa one-season penalty levied on them.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    And a great feat, eking out a victory over the Bryant University Bulldogs who won an astounding 2 games last year!

Just messing with you guys. You're number 1 for a reason, should be fun to watch as you get into the real games.
    Lol yes. I actually enjoy watching them play legit teams rather than these crappy teams. Can't wait for the North Carolina game.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    Kevin Ollie did a great job coaching up those kids, he has a bright future at HC. Noel for his first game was average while fellow frosh Archie Goodwin finished with a good game. Jordan Adams out of the 3 highly recruited players that debut for UCLA was a baller 21pts 8rebs from the SG spot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Upsets of the Night:

South Alabama 76 - (25)Florida State 71
    UConn 66 - (14)Michigan State 62
    St. Peters 56 - Rutgers 52 [Maybe people don't care about this one that much, but Rutgers is an established Big East school and they lost to a team named the Peacocks that went 5-26 last year.]

Impressive Performances:

Isaiah Austin of Baylor- Goes 10-12 from the field, 2-4 from three (as a 7 footer), 4 rebounds and 2 blocks. All before leaving the game with a sprained ankle. This guy might be the most talented freshman in the country.
    Alex Len of Maryland- 23 points, 12 rebounds, 4 blocks against one of the best front lines in the country in Kentucky.
    James Michael McAdoo of UNC- 26 points on 50% shooting (left 5 at the line), 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. Seems like a candidate for a sophomore breakout.

Obviously games are still in progress, so this isn't the final word of the night.

Kentucky is going to be hard to beat if they play the way they did in the first half. They have unmatched size-- no one in the country can match their front line's length, athleticism, and shotblocking ability. Wiltjer can rain threes as a forward, there's your key shooter. Add in Archie Goodwin who gets to the basket whenever the hell he feels like it, and you have a team that, if they put it together, will be in the final four. Love them or hate them, they are scary good.

I did not watch many games but I am poring the box scores. If any of you have stuff that you caught from the games that you watched, feel free to enlighten us.
    What are you talking about, MD owned their bigs last night That was aainst an unranked team, what do you think Cody Zeller would of done, or anyother decent bigman? And if Noel's play last night is any indication of his future play, then their bigs suck even more.

This Kentucky team is just carrying over the hype from last season...don't jump on the bandwaggon just yet.
    GIFSoup
    Coming to an ACC court near you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolinaraider View Post
    What are you talking about, MD owned their bigs last night That was aainst an unranked team, what do you think Cody Zeller would of done, or anyother decent bigman? And if Noel's play last night is any indication of his future play, then their bigs suck even more.

This Kentucky team is just carrying over the hype from last season...don't jump on the bandwaggon just yet.
    Maryland played well, yes; specifically Alex Len, who will be a top 10 pick if he continues to play like that. But what you underlined I still believe. When you line up Cauley-Stein, Noel, Poythress, Wiltjer, and Goodwin against me, I'm shaking in my boots.

The statement was:

"They have unmatched size-- no one in the country can match their front line's length, athleticism, and shotblocking ability."

I don't think that's untrue. Point to a team with better length, athleticism, and shotblocking ability. The claim was NOT that they can shut down any team and that they will always dominate. The claim was that no one in the country can match their front line's length, athleticism, and shotblocking ability. Give me a team that can.
    Last edited by Angry Norwegian; 11-10-2012 at 11:32 PM.

vCash
    Kentucky does not scare me at all. They really don't look like a dominant team.

vCash
    Nerlens Noel looked SOFT.

And...here...we...go...

vCash
    I will know more on my team tomorrow! Memphis Tigers! GO TIGERS GO!!!!!

As for mid major teams MTSU looked very good in there first game.