Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Top NBA prospect Shabazz Mohammed ruled ineligible to play this year

Wonder what this will due to his draft stock, maybe he does a Brandon Jennings and plays over seas
    Shabazz Muhammad has been ruled ineligible for amateur rules violations.

Muhammad, a freshman at UCLA and a consensus top-two recruit in the class, has no timetable in terms of the length of the suspension.

UCLA will appeal the suspension.

Sources tell ESPN's Chad Ford that Muhammad would be an expected top-3 pick regardless of whether he plays his freshman season at UCLA.

vCash
    haven't caught up with this. what actually happened?

Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

vCash
    so pretty much the same situation Enes Kanter was in...

vCash
    well, they haven't ruled how long the suspension is, so we don't know that he will be ineligible for the entire season.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    I'm surprised more players haven't pulled a Brandon Jennings and went overseas to get paid until they were eligible. The NCAA makes so much money off of these kids it is crazy. And then you rule akid out for a season because of a visit to a school? That doesn't seem right. The NCAA is just shooting itself in the foot with $#!T like this.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    This UCLA - Shabazz situation was fishy from the get go. His sister has an endorsement deal with adidas. UCLA is sponsored by Adidas. They give the sister the money instead of him lol.

vCash
    It's an indefinite suspension, my guess is we won't see him till 2013....if we see him at all.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I'm surprised more players haven't pulled a Brandon Jennings and went overseas to get paid until they were eligible. The NCAA makes so much money off of these kids it is crazy. And then you rule akid out for a season because of a visit to a school? That doesn't seem right. The NCAA is just shooting itself in the foot with $#!T like this.
    It's a slippery slope when you start letting other people pay a kid's way. The integrity of the NCAA is at stake.

As for overseas, how did that turn out for Jennings and Jeremy Tyler? It looks to have hurt their draft stock and foreign teams do not seem terribly interested in one year rental players.

vCash
    The hilarious thing is that it had nothing to do with UCLA. He took 2 unofficial visits to Duke and UNC and an agent paid for them both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbw241 View Post
    The hilarious thing is that it had nothing to do with UCLA. He took 2 unofficial visits to Duke and UNC and an agent paid for them both.
    Well we dont know for certain that it's got nothing to do with UCLA either.

vCash
    This particular case has nothing to do with UCLA. Of course there could be other information they uncover later on relating to the Addidas stuff. But this ruling was based solely off of the 2 unofficials. http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,3063028.story

vCash
    It has nothing to do with UCLA as Robb mentioned, UCLA did an appeal but he won't play at all IMO so a wasted schollie. I think they will go from a projected 25 win team to about 21 win and a mid seed in the tourney. Unless Kyle Anderson turns into Baron Davis 2.0 from his frosh season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    It's a slippery slope when you start letting other people pay a kid's way. The integrity of the NCAA is at stake.

As for overseas, how did that turn out for Jennings and Jeremy Tyler? It looks to have hurt their draft stock and foreign teams do not seem terribly interested in one year rental players.
    NCAA has no integrity. They are worse then the mob. It is worlds biggest criminal enterprise. Schools need to start refusing to recognize the authority of those scum bags.

for the record I do think Shabazz broke some rules and should not be allowed to play.

vCash
    He's been cleared to play.

#iubb

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquewho? View Post
    He's been cleared to play.
    Score 1 for peer pressure! Let guy who clearly got payed to pick UCLA play anyways because everyone calls you mean!