• Keep them both

2 9.09%
  • Trade them both

4 18.18%
  • Trade Dickey, I think he gets back more in return

6 27.27%
  • Trade Niese, I think he gets back more in return

4 18.18%
  • I would trade Dickey and keep Niese even though I think Niese can fetch a better return

4 18.18%
  • I would trade Niese and keep Dickey even though I think we can get more talent by trading Dickey

2 9.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    ...and nobody is saying he has no value or that is low, but the perception is that because those 2 guys had had earlier success and been durable for the most part their value was higher. I think Niese can land the Mets a solid return, but am not expecting top tier prospects for him. Maybe a team that has a surplus would be willing to deal 1 and some mid range guys for him.

vCash
    Gio career before trade: 3.93 ERA, 4.4 BB/9, 8.6 K/9, 1.94 K/BB, 4.06 FIP, 3.98 xFIP
    Niese career: 4.06 ERA, 2.8 BB/9, 7.5 K/9, 2.73 K/BB, 3.78 FIP, 3.64 xFIP

Very close, could argue either way. Niese could net a great haul.

vCash
    BTW the Dodgers do have some guys that would interest the Mets, Castellanos, Federowicz, Van Slyke(though he is a bit older to be considered a prospect) and obviously you have guys like Reed and Lee as well on the mound.

The Angels as well, they have Cowart, Cron(could make Ike available), Bourjous, Lindsey, Whitherspoon and a couple of others.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Gio career before trade: 3.93 ERA, 4.4 BB/9, 8.6 K/9, 1.94 K/BB, 4.06 FIP, 3.98 xFIP
    Niese career: 4.06 ERA, 2.8 BB/9, 7.5 K/9, 2.73 K/BB, 3.78 FIP, 3.64 xFIP

Very close, could argue either way. Niese could net a great haul.
    ...and again Gio had just had back to back excellent years, so while his career stats were not great, his value was at an all time high.

If Niese has another year like he had this past year, you bet your *** that I would think he could net the Mets a better haul than I think he can net them now.

vCash
    Gonzalez was pitching like an ace/borderline ace in his 2 years prior to the trade to the Nationals. Niese has been a #3 starter showing inconsistency.

vCash
    I like Niese and am excited for him to be in a future rotation along with Harvey/Wheeler/Gee but due to his limited success Im not so sure he nets back the return Dickey would....and no way what Gio got.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    BTW the Dodgers do have some guys that would interest the Mets, Castellanos, Federowicz, Van Slyke(though he is a bit older to be considered a prospect) and obviously you have guys like Reed and Lee as well on the mound.

The Angels as well, they have Cowart, Cron(could make Ike available), Bourjous, Lindsey, Whitherspoon and a couple of others.
    Eh pass. Cron would NOT make Ike available. He's done nothing to impress yet. He had a decent season in the CAL league.

Cowart is another 3B prospect. We don't need that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Gonzalez was pitching like an ace/borderline ace in his 2 years prior to the trade to the Nationals. Niese has been a #3 starter showing inconsistency.
    Pelfrey shows inconsistentcy. Niese was consistently average with good peripherals and now this year he finally broke out. This is the pitcher he was supposed to be. He pitched like a #2 this year easy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Actually he was very consistent last year. Especially towards the end. Beforehand I'd agree but last year was definitely a step in the right direction. He showed he could pitch like a good #2 on many teams and a great #3 on all teams.

vCash
    ^Yup. His value is so high right now imo, he's coming off his best season at 25.

vCash
    Mets have to tread very carefully with what pieces they receive, which im sure they will. It may not exactly make them slam dunk contenders, but could definitely change the way this team looks. I know losing both Dickey and Niese may suck, but this is definitely a positive thing.

I don't think the Mets will be this team that is seen gradually getting better. I think they will just burst onto the scene when it all clicks...kind of like the A's/Orioles this year
    New York Yankees
    FC Bayern Munchen

Bundesliga: Wins- 25 / Draw- 3 / Loss- 2
    DFB-Pokal-Wins- 4 / Loss- 0 Semi-Finals vs. Kaiserslautern April 16th
    Champions League- Semi-Finals vs. Real Madrid.

1st Leg- April 23rd in Madrid.
    2nd Leg- April 29th in Munich.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    I'm up for trading them both

We need an influx of good young position players.
    Keep wright and trade these 2, then next year bring in a vet pitcher with the money coming off the books.
    If Sandy does it right we can be good, and fast.
    Last edited by Oldmantrash; 11-10-2012 at 02:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Eh pass. Cron would NOT make Ike available. He's done nothing to impress yet. He had a decent season in the CAL league.

Cowart is another 3B prospect. We don't need that.
    LOL he has posted ISO of .322 and 223, the guy can simply mash, he hit for tons of power in college as well. If there is a concern with him is his lack of BB%, but that guy will mash and he does not strike out much either, so he should hit for higher averages than Ike will. The other concern would obviously be his defense at 1st, am not sure how good he can be there.

Cowart is athletic enough to play LF as well.

You say pass, but these are the type of guys that teams will be more willing to part with, you are not going to get Oscar Taveras, D'arnaud, Myers and those type of guys for Niese or Dickey.

vCash
    LOL right back to you, I'm not impressed by a .322 ISO from a 21 year old in the easy offense Pioneer League. Nor am I impressed by his offensive production in the CAL league, another easy offense league.

His 3% walk rate is pitiful, and you are conparing this guy to Ike? That's funny. He's not going to hit for a high average in the big leagues if he can't take a pitch. And he's not a good 1B either, more of a DH.

In fact, Ike was definitely better than Cron at the same age.

Cowart is a guy that's 2 years away imo, so I don't see how that attracts the Mets, I'm sure they are lookig for guys closer to the big leagues. If they gave us Bourjos, Cowart, and Richards, I'd make the deal.

vCash
    I'd rather not trade Niese/Dickey for Cron as the center piece...he's more of a prospect at this point and i dont think he will be ready to help us at the start of 2014.

Sign Wright to an extension,

2014 we will have Santana and Bay come off the books...thats like 37mil right there to spend. Jacoby Ellsbury, Curtis Granderson, Brian Mccann, Hunter Pence, Corey Hart, Nelson Cruz, Mike Morse, Jason Kubel and Martin Prado are all big bats that will his the market that offseason. I think we should land 1 of them.

Trade Dickey and Thole to the BlueJays for Jake Marisnick, JP Abrencibia, and Justin Nicolino

In 2014 our big league roster should also include young up and upcoming players like Harvey, Wheeler, Mejia, Familia, Nimmo, Puello, Havens, Lagares, and Den Dekker

I'd also explore trading for a SS. Asdrubal Cabrera comes to mind as the Indians have a future SS in the minors in Francisco Lindor. Cabrera would be a upgrade over Tejada and fit us perfectly. He's young, has power, good fielder. We can prob get him for a package of players like Tejada/Murphy/Duda/Valdespin/Den Dekker/Kirk/Familia

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast