vCash
    Hahahahaha we are awesome

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash

Still waiting for official word though
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    Nobody even knows what they're talking about with the Dodgers.

They didn't really 'go bankrupt'. Mccourt bought the team all on debt and spent revenue on himself, having to take the team into bankruptcy because of the initial sale was dumb (Selig, thanks) and he didn't care about the team.

2012 is in the past. I don't get how because they didn't make the playoffs in a year when cards were being shuffled all over the place in limited time with critical injury issues, among other things, means they are gonna be a bust. SAMPLE SIZE. Why don't you wait for this team to play a season together before declaring them a punchline. The Dodgers had ample excuses for coming up short last season.

Kasten is a smart person. Scouting and player development is the biggest priority on his list. In the mean time, they are going to spend a lot of money initially in order to build an intimidate competitor while they rebuild the franchise Mccourt tarnished.

The Dodgers are trying to have their cake (restore/rebuild) and eat it too (win now). Let them. It is their money.

Listen to Stan Kasten. You might learn a thing or two. This is more than just going out and spending money. It's about reestablishing the West Coast's flagship baseball brand.

It's not just players. It's renovating the stadium, land, etc. etc.

There is a sensational article by Keith Law that came out yesterday. Fantastic read, and I recommend it.

Because the consensus amongst PSD is they are foolish, a bust because they came up short in a small sample size with multiple issues, and are destined to fail. That's not the case.

They will not need to take on this much money eventually. Under proven baseball executives in Stan Kasten, Logan White, Gerry Hunsiker, etc. they are working towards building a franchise built upon player development. But that cannot happen over night. It takes time. In the meantime, they are putting together the best team they can with the resources they have.

Back off. They are on their way to great things. They are a rebuilding franchise with the resources to make an exciting team for the fans to watch in the interim.
    How are the Dodgers trying to rebuild, while spending money? They traded away arguably 4 of their top 10 prospects, and quality SP arms in Eovaldi, De La Rosa, and Webster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Hahahahaha we are awesome
    A team with a high pay roll who missed the playoffs and watched their division rivals win the title does not equate to awesome.

Overrated/Unproven are all much better words in place of awesome

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    That being said I like the signing depending on how much they offered. I see the offer in the thread title as well but I am not sure if its accurate and will wait for the final announcement
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-09-2012 at 10:41 PM.

vCash
    God I hate the Dodgers

vCash
    Can't wait to see the actual contract offer the Dodgers throw his way.

vCash
    This is getting ridiculous. Do the Dodgers have no limit whatsoever in their spending?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    How are the Dodgers trying to rebuild, while spending money? They traded away arguably 4 of their top 10 prospects, and quality SP arms in Eovaldi, De La Rosa, and Webster
    4 top 10 Dodger prospects doesn't equate to anything, aside from Ruby De La Rosa. They still were able to retain players they believe will be impact Major League players.

We can go back and forth on this, and I am not willing to. Keeping every prospect isn't how you rebuild either. That's so narrow minded.

I am glad Stan Kasten is over seeing the direction of this franchise. The Dodgers are in good hands.

You see Adrian Gonzalez as Adrian. The Dodgers see him as a premiere name to replace James Loney, and a Mexican American star in Los Angeles.

As for More-than-Most. Sorry the team with Juan Rivera and Jerry Hairston as their 4-5 combo at one point...Harerra, Uribe, Gwynn, and Loney running around as starters... with Kemp, Ethier, Billingsley, Lilly, Mark Ellis, Jansen, etc, missing significant time...and a bunch of new players and personnel thrown together past the mid way point of the season couldn't meet your expectations. Kemp was so ineffective when he came off the DL it killed the team even more than the other issues. He had to have shoulder surgery 3 days after the season ended.Oh yeah, and they still missed the playoffs by only 2 games.

Just as it was dumb for Dodger fans and Curt Schilling to declare them champs, it is just as foolish to judge them based on as little as we've seen.

PSD is just a Dodger hate wave. Getting old. Luckily, I don't have to listen.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    4 top 10 Dodger prospects doesn't equate to anything, aside from Ruby De La Rosa. They still were able to retain players they believe will be impact Major League players.

We can go back and forth on this, and I am not willing to. Keeping every prospect isn't how you rebuild either. That's so narrow minded.

I am glad Stan Kasten is over seeing the direction of this franchise. The Dodgers are in good hands.

You see Adrian Gonzalez as Adrian. The Dodgers see him as a premiere name to replace James Loney, and a Mexican American star in Los Angeles.

As for More-than-Most. Sorry the team with Juan Rivera and Jerry Hairston as their 4-5 combo at one point...Harerra, Uribe, Gwynn, and Loney running around as starters... with Kemp, Ethier, Billingsley, Lilly, Mark Ellis, Jansen, etc, missing significant time...and a bunch of new players and personnel thrown together past the mid way point of the season couldn't meet your expectations. Kemp was so ineffective when he came off the DL it killed the team even more than the other issues. He had to have shoulder surgery 3 days after the season ended.Oh yeah, and they still missed the playoffs by only 2 games.

Just as it was dumb for Dodger fans and Curt Schilling to declare them champs, it is just as foolish to judge them based on as little as we've seen.

Great Post

This site is infested with haters for sure
    Foam Party!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post
    Great Post

This site is infested with haters for sure
    This site has a lot of haters, but also a **** load of dodger fans

vCash
    Not saying you have to keep all your prospects, you should use some as trade bait. But at this rate, the Dodgers will have no young pitching left in a year or two. What do they have now in the farm system besides Zach Lee? It's okay though, they'll probably just throw $200 Million at Greinke and $125 Million at Anibal to round out their rotation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. Do the Dodgers have no limit whatsoever in their spending?
    Of course they do.

But Walter came in and said, "We are in this to own a baseball team. We've already made all of our money in life. This franchise has lead MLB in attendance since moving to Los Angeles and we are going to restore this brand by any means necessary." "The Dodgers are a cash cow. I don't need to buy 8 homes. It's about baseball."

Eventually they won't NEED to spend all this money. Right now they do...and they can. So ho cares?

Idk why everyone is getting worked up. If they suck as much as everyone says they do, then who cares?
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash

Injuries happen...The Phillies lost several key players as did a ton of other teams but they do not use it as an excuse...A team like the Giants and others traded for several players as well at the deadline and they performed well regardless... I agree it is hard to judge them considering we have not seen them at their best but proclaiming the team to beat or the best team in baseball like some of you have warrants such remarks....It is easy to say they were Injured but just as easy to say buying up everything doesn't equate to winning anything. You guys get mad when we state that but in term jump right to the injury excuse or the new players only had a set amount of time. They look good on paper but they are overrated and unproven....How am I wrong? People have them as the best team in baseball because of the talent alone with 0 proof that they can even play together...That wouldnt be to bad if the team in their division didnt spank them down the stretch and win the world series for the 2nd time in 4 years.

Overrated and Unproven as mean as it might look Describes the current Dodgers team over Awesome.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 11-09-2012 at 11:00 PM.

vCash
    lmao i love this

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast