Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Good, I hope it is the Dodgers...

vCash
    Mike Petriello ‏@mike_petriello
    Very good source I trust a lot confirms to me the Dodgers have won Ryu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Of course other teams think that. Everybody is going to guess the Dodgers because they apparently don't give a **** about money.
    Fixed for ya.

vCash
    I love the Dodgers. Keep spending money...

Baseball takes a lot more than who can spend the most money. They're a great team on paper, but that's not usually the way it works.

FIRE ME!

I dont do five year plans other organizations do, I guess. - Ruben Amaro Jr

vCash
    Hope it wasn't the jays. That money needs to be spent else where.

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Illa215 View Post
    I love the Dodgers. Keep spending money...

Baseball takes a lot more than who can spend the most money. They're a great team on paper, but that's not usually the way it works.
    This. We see how far it got them in the 2012 playoff race.

vCash
    It was defintly the red sox. They just resigned david ortiz. In 2005 his zone rating was .737. Welcome to boston mr. Ryu

vCash
    Jeez, they couldn't round it up to a whole number?

vCash
    They should be taking notes from there Superior, the World Series Champion San Fransisco Giants.

Hell, even the Yankees are getting away from spending the big dough and are now using there farm system more.

Question: Did someone forget to tell Magic Johnson and the rest of Dodger management that there is a hefty luxury tax fee after the $180 million point? And that it starts getting pretty severe once you start spending over the $200 million range? At this rate t.v. deal or not, the Dodgers are gonna be bankrupt again in 10 years (or less)
    WTA's Next Rising Superstar - World Ranking: #5

Montreal's Sweetheart Eugenie Bouchard

Go Genie Go!

vCash

unknown MLB team bid $25,737,737.33 for Ryu Hyun-jin

This just in : Dodger to file for bankruptcy...

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Dodgers just don't give a ****.

I heard they started to grow money trees down there in LA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Dodgers just don't give a ****.

I heard they started to grow money trees down there in LA.
    They are bushes...not trees.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Nobody even knows what they're talking about with the Dodgers.

They didn't really 'go bankrupt'. Mccourt bought the team all on debt and spent revenue on himself, having to take the team into bankruptcy because of the initial sale was dumb (Selig, thanks) and he didn't care about the team.

2012 is in the past. I don't get how because they didn't make the playoffs in a year when cards were being shuffled all over the place in limited time with critical injury issues, among other things, means they are gonna be a bust. SAMPLE SIZE. Why don't you wait for this team to play a season together before declaring them a punchline. The Dodgers had ample excuses for coming up short last season.

Kasten is a smart person. Scouting and player development is the biggest priority on his list. In the mean time, they are going to spend a lot of money initially in order to build an intimidate competitor while they rebuild the franchise Mccourt tarnished.

The Dodgers are trying to have their cake (restore/rebuild) and eat it too (win now). Let them. It is their money.

Listen to Stan Kasten. You might learn a thing or two. This is more than just going out and spending money. It's about reestablishing the West Coast's flagship baseball brand.

It's not just players. It's renovating the stadium, land, etc. etc.

There is a sensational article by Keith Law that came out yesterday. Fantastic read, and I recommend it.

Because the consensus amongst PSD is they are foolish, a bust because they came up short in a small sample size with multiple issues, and are destined to fail. That's not the case.

They will not need to take on this much money eventually. Under proven baseball executives in Stan Kasten, Logan White, Gerry Hunsiker, etc. they are working towards building a franchise built upon player development. But that cannot happen over night. It takes time. In the meantime, they are putting together the best team they can with the resources they have.

Back off. They are on their way to great things. They are a rebuilding franchise with the resources to make an exciting team for the fans to watch in the interim.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    I'd love to see the Cubs get him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    Nobody even knows what they're talking about with the Dodgers.

They didn't really 'go bankrupt'. Mccourt bought the team all on debt and spent revenue on himself, having to take the team into bankruptcy because of the initial sale was dumb (Selig, thanks) and he didn't care about the team.

2012 is in the past. I don't get how because they didn't make the playoffs in a year when cards were being shuffled all over the place in limited time with critical injury issues, among other things, means they are gonna be a bust. SAMPLE SIZE. Why don't you wait for this team to play a season together before declaring them a punchline. The Dodgers had ample excuses for coming up short last season.

Kasten is a smart person. Scouting and player development is the biggest priority on his list. In the mean time, they are going to spend a lot of money initially in order to build an intimidate competitor while they rebuild the franchise Mccourt tarnished.

The Dodgers are trying to have their cake (restore/rebuild) and eat it too (win now). Let them. It is their money.

Listen to Stan Kasten. You might learn a thing or two. This is more than just going out and spending money. It's about reestablishing the West Coast's flagship baseball brand.

It's not just players. It's renovating the stadium, land, etc. etc.

There is a sensational article by Keith Law that came out yesterday. Fantastic read, and I recommend it.

Because the consensus amongst PSD is they are foolish, a bust because they came up short in a small sample size with multiple issues, and are destined to fail. That's not the case.

They will not need to take on this much money eventually. Under proven baseball executives in Stan Kasten, Logan White, Gerry Hunsiker, etc. they are working towards building a franchise built upon player development. But that cannot happen over night. It takes time. In the meantime, they are putting together the best team they can with the resources they have.

Back off. They are on their way to great things. They are a rebuilding franchise with the resources to make an exciting team for the fans to watch in the interim.
    Great post, that is exactly what's happening. 4-5 years from now when all these HUGE contracts go away there will be top young players replacing them! The team is spending everywhere and possibly most aggressively the farm system, with a large emphasis on international talent!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast