Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hasselbecks criticism of Redskins offense

Im sure everyone has seen this article where he expresses his concerns that the Shanahans will continue this college offense and not let Griffin reach his full potential with his arm in a proffessional offense. I agree one hundred percent with that, i don't mind easing him into the league in his rookie year by using what he already knows, but my worst fear is that they don't change the offense next year. Everyone knows Griffin has the intellect to pick up a pro style offense, the question is is Shanahan smart enough to make the change.

vCash
    I'm just curious, but what indications make you feel like they aren't going to continue to teach him and begin to increase the traditional offense? We are 9 games into this season.

Last year the criticism was that no one had faith that Shanahan would suck up his pride to switch his offense to suit RG3. Now people are complaining cause he's not using his "pro-style" system haha. It's just unwarranted criticism that wouldn't exist if we won last week.

While I think this stuff will always have it's mark on our offense, I don't think the college stuff is the focal point going forward to next season.
    Last edited by Shareeb_omac2; 11-12-2012 at 05:15 PM.

vCash
    There are no indications, it's just a gut feeling. Griffin has been extremely effective the first half of the year in Baylors offense, but his stats the past two weeks have shown that teams have already figured it out and are able to stop it. I have complete faith in Shanahan to install a legitimate offense going into next season, just saying that my biggest concern is that for some reason he doesn't.

vCash
    Meh I wouldn't really say anyone "figured" anything out.

vCash
    Yeah, I think mainly the receivers haven't helped him out the past two weeks.

vCash
    Yes the receivers definitely aren't helping him any, and whether teams have actually figured anything out or not, Griffin will not last long in the NFL with designed runs. The advantage to having any mobile QB is that they are a quarterback, who if everything during the play falls apart can manage to scramble his way for a positive play. Griffin is the best mobile QB in the game because he is an actual quarterback. He is incredibly accurate and is a great pocket passer. Vick blows. VY blows. Newton is almost as inaccurate as Sanchez, and Tebow is a ****ing TE. Like I said, for this year, I don't mind the triple options and everything, it's important to get Griffin comfortable, but IMO we should start incorporating the more professional style offense now instead of after the season ends because lets face it, we're not making the playoffs. I personally don't want to tank the season just because I don't want the Rams to have a better pick since we don't get it, but if the rest of the season is really about evaluating players, then why not evaluate Griffins deep ball a little more.

vCash
    My only complaint about how they are running the offense is that they are calling some stuff that only works when the threat of other play makers exist. For example that stupid route RG3 ran and then got blasted.

I think with time and the right players things will open up and they will call more traditional passing offense. Right now we are trying to use our best playmaker too much due to the lack of Garcon, Davis, and other legitimate playmakers. They were hoping Banks could be that but it isn't panning out.

vCash
    Our play calling seems to do well until we get into a hole and have to execute a two minute drill, and then Kyle ***** his pants and is nowhere to be seen. I like Mike and want to see what he can do with the rest of his contract, but he really needs to swallow his pride and fire his son. No sense of urgency does not look good on a resume.

vCash
    The biggest problem with this offense is the defense. If we had a 15th or so ranked defense we would have 1 or 2 more wins and be on top in the NFC east.

My Mock v 1.1
    51st (Second Round) - Amerson CB/FS
    85th (third round) - Bacarri Rambo FS
    119th (fourth) - David Quessenberry, OT/OG
    154th (fifth) - Cornelius Washington, DE/ OLB
    162nd (fifth) - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS
    191st (sixth) - Nick Kasa, TE
    228th (seventh) - Rodney Smith, WR

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shareeb_omac2 View Post
    Meh I wouldn't really say anyone "figured" anything out.
    They set a blue print is the problem and with Shannys history he does not adjust good when his team has a losing record .
    Reed Doughty .......where second chances will ALWAYS HAPPEN. Stay tuned.

vCash
    I was trying to avoid a defense discussion. Everyone and their dead great grandmothers know the defense is the biggest problem. I'm all for spending every dollar of FA and every draft pick we have on defense, but as far as offense goes, I'm just trying to get everyone's opinion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mattcribbin View Post
    Yeah, I think mainly the receivers haven't helped him out the past two weeks.
    We have no weapons is the problem lol Morgan was never good he is what he is a 300-400 yard back up WR that is a #3 or 4 WR while Hankerson too.

vCash
    there is a lot going against rg3 right now...but he's still playing top10 QB football....the offense will continue to progress towards a complete NFL offense...thats Carolina and Newton's problem....everyone figured them out because they didnt do a good job of bringing him up to speed and losing the college wrinkles....

but the differance is he has steve smith, 2 good TEs, and a decent Defense behind him...RG3 is a one man show right now..no defense, no reliable #1, no TEs, only him and morris

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    there is a lot going against rg3 right now...but he's still playing top10 QB football....the offense will continue to progress towards a complete NFL offense...thats Carolina and Newton's problem....everyone figured them out because they didnt do a good job of bringing him up to speed and losing the college wrinkles....

but the differance is he has steve smith, 2 good TEs, and a decent Defense behind him...RG3 is a one man show right now..no defense, no reliable #1, no TEs, only him and morris
    We will have to see after the end of the season no doubt he has played pretty good for a rookie but sadly you are VERY right about the defense if we did we be #1 right now in the division. But we are not and I have a feeling it wont be any better next year due to the cap and shannys inconsistent good DC picks.

vCash
    Haslett isnt the problem. Remember last year when we had at least half decent db's and no injuries on the line, we were a top 15 defense under haslett. The problem is the lack of talent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast