Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: progress

vCash

progress

well, seeing as how we're within spitting distance of 5% into the season, i thought it would be a good time to reflect on our progress and discuss what we know about the team and our division.

positives: we have stayed in games we had no business staying in. namely the spurs/lakers and mavericks. i know the lakers were missing their pg, but 'on paper' they're a championship team, and championship teams find ways to win. they didn't. that game educated us more about the fakers than the jazz, but we showed some serious hustle and ability to make plays and close the game when we needed to. we have seen a drastic improvement from 3pt range, which has allowed our bigs room to work underneath.

we also kept it close vs the grizz, who surprised nobody. they're a good team with a young core and will make the division very interesting.

as i predicted, so far minni has played extremely well, leading the division and going 3-1. what sweetens our 2-3 start is denver's similar lackluster start. everything is just that much sweeter when they fail. lakers too. the division is shaping up to be very tight, with 1 1/2 games separating minni from us and denver. i'm making no predictions for year's end, but our division is looking very, very tight. should be an exciting race.

negatives: we're young. with the highs come a lot of lows and inconsistency. part of the inconsistency might be due to lack of a set rotation, but the season is young for corbin, too. hayward has yet to find his shot, which is softened by his defensive hustle and steals, but he's nowhere near the shooter he was in college. kanter has let off the gas, which isn't his game. favors is up and down... all these guys will find consistency, but we have to suffer through some growing pains. at least we have a bevvy of vets to rely on in the meantime.

summary: we know pretty much what we knew coming into the season. we'll show up against good teams and occasionally win by a lot, but we'll be subject to 'embarrassing' losses. i predict 55-60 wins and a lot of exciting jazz basketball.
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    God I love your sig
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    i know right?

highlight of pogo stick's career
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

"We're under a level-5 quarantine, so I'm just gonna have to stripsearch you girls!"
    -Portman

vCash
    So far the roster looks better than last years on the court. The additional shooting is immediately apparent. I like Mo and Foye a lot. Mo may not be a "true" PG but he's a big upgrade over Harris.

Kanter has probably impressed me the most. He's in serious shape and running the floor. Really hustling and getting after it. Shown a tad bit of range and some post moves. He's still really young but IMO he could be a solid player by the end of the year.

Favors looks great and so do Millsap/Al. I'd like to see Favors get some more minutes but it's kinda hard to justify taking them from Millsap or Jefferson.

The shooting is gonna make such a huge difference this year. We haven't had this many guys who can shoot in recent memory. Gonna really start opening things up for the guys in the middle. Like where we're at. I think we'll be right at 50 wins and with a little luck could get to the high 50's.

Rippin' lips son!!

vCash
    I was going to post... Then I caught myself watching Chips sig with a basketball chubby for a solid 3 minutes and forgot what I was going to say....cant...stop....watching...

vCash
    the key is how much is a hot streak for mo and how much of this is just who he is. I mean if he kept this up he is a borderline all star

vCash
    i'm loving all this love for evans. it's mesmerizing isn't it?
    HAWKS 13 PREMIERS

-Portman