Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Dan Henderson Vs. Lyoto Machida at UFC 156?

According to Dan Henderson

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31523/dan-...wl-weekend.mma

Dan Henderson is nearly set for his first fight since an injury forced him out of a title fight with UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

Henderson (29-8 MMA, 6-2 UFC) will meet fellow contender Lyoto Machida (18-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC) at UFC 156 on Super Bowl weekend, he told Spike TV's "MMA Uncensored Live" on Thursday.

UFC officials, though, haven't made a formal announcement.

UFC 156 takes place Feb. 2 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas with a featherweight title fight between champion Jose Aldo and former lightweight champ Frankie Edgar. The main card, including the likely Henderson vs. Machida fight, airs on pay-per-view following prelims on FX and Facebook.

Henderson originally was scheduled to fight Jones at UFC 151 in September. However, a knee injury forced Henderson off the card (which UFC officials later canceled), and the division went on without him. First, Jones fought and defeated replacement Vitor Belfort at UFC 152, and then the champ and Chael Sonnen were named coaches for the upcoming 17th season of "The Ultimate Fighter." Jones and Sonnen then meet at a PPV event on April 27 in Newark, N.J.

So for Henderson, this a must-win fight to keep his title hopes alive. In what UFC President Dana White has suggested will be a No. 1 contender's bout, Henderson looks to defeat Machida for his fifth straight win and his eighth victory in his past nine fights. After a title reign in Strikeforce and a return to the UFC, Henderson topped Mauricio "Shogun" Rua in a "Fight of the Year" performance at UFC 139 a year ago. It marked his most recent performance.

Machida, meanwhile, hopes to reclaim the title he once held. Machida recently was on a 1-3 skid that included a title loss to Rua, a contentious split-decision defeat to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, and a title loss to Jones. But Machida recently picked up a second-round knockout of Ryan Bader at UFC on FOX 4 to get back on track.

The latest UFC 156 card includes:
    Champ Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar - for featherweight title
    Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida*
    Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira*
    * - Not officially announced

vCash
    ****in card and a half.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    This should be the second in three #1 contender bouts Machida has to win to actually be the #1 contender.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    This isn't looking good for my boy, Hendo
    Favorite fighters:
    Ian McCall, Brian Bowles, Chan Sung Jung, Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Dan Hardy, Duane Ludwig, Mike Pierce, Rick Story, Jake Ellenberger, Wanderlei Silva, Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen, Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans, Phil Davis, Shane Carwin, Gabriel Gonzaga

vCash
    Lyoto!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    This should be the second in three #1 contender bouts Machida has to win to actually be the #1 contender.
    I don't have any sympathy for Lyoto, he turned down a title shot when he had the chance.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

vCash
    Meh. Hendo deserves a shot over Machida, so don't ***** there.

vCash
    I hope Lyoto puts his old *** to sleep. But it'll probably be a dominant UD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I don't have any sympathy for Lyoto, he turned down a title shot when he had the chance.
    Agreed, it is stupid to turn down your last shot at Jon Jones on short notice.
    Visit my Blog.

"Glad the GOP finally came out with an Obamacare alternative. Can't wait to see their alternative to the Iraq War." - @LOLGOP

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    Agreed, it is stupid to turn down your last shot at Jon Jones on short notice.
    Anyone that wanted that fight would have been on short notice. Lyoto wasn't a clear #1 contender when he got the first shot against Jones. He beats Bader and all of a sudden it's the UFC's fault for not waiting for him?

I could easily make a case that Lyoto never earned a shot at the title since he's lost it. Lyoto got his *** kicked by Rua in fight two, lost a controversial decision against Rampage, then beat an old Couture to get his title shot.

Gets his *** kicked by Jones, wins one fight against Bader, and all of a sudden he's owed something?

Henderson has a real argument.
    Last edited by fingerbang; 11-11-2012 at 03:39 AM.

vCash
    This is going to be like Machida and Rua 2

vCash
    I think its going to go down like this....

Jones is only going to fight 2 times next year April & December( a recurring trend we are seeing with champions that I do not like).

December 2012 Rua vs Gus winner Rua
    February 2013 Lyoto vs Hendo winner Lyoto ( I'm biased when it comes to Lyoto)

Lyoto vs Rua III in August 2013

Winner fights Jones December 2013

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Tatame is reporting the fight is being moved to UFC 157 in Anaheim.

Not surprised, UFC 156 was beyond stacked.
    -----

vCash
    Biggest bunch of BS I've ever heard of!!!! Hendo DESERVED his title shot and the UFC doctors took it away. Hendo was gonna KO jones with his f'd up knee. That should've warranted an automatic title shot. chael vs jones is just crazy and makes no sense.
    machida vs hendo again makes no sense and is a bad match up for hendo.

vCash
    Lol

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.