Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash

props for myles

Its not all about athleticism, i think the idea that turner isnt athletic enough is quite silly.

Andre miller who you say gets to the rim all day is a significantly worse athlete as a pg than turner is as a 2.

Craftiness and size and the knowledge of where the contact is coming from makes all the difference.

Its mostly a willingness to get in there that turner is lacking... Similar to iggy, who comversely is an unreal athlete, never takes it strong to the rim in the half court. Iggy and turner both prefer settling for the pull up, which draws less fouls, and is a lower percentage shot.... Especially for those 2.
    Last edited by BChydro86; 11-11-2012 at 11:27 PM.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Turner isn't crafty either

vCash

props for myles

Thats unfortunately true....

Luckily has the potential to change...

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Next year, right?

vCash
    In grade school, Turner wasn't comfortable until his 8th grade season. And so we need to be patient.

This is his third NBA year...and so history has proven that, in five more years, he will settle in and become productive.

Be patient people. This is his pattern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Next year, right?
    Hopefully tonight

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    In grade school, Turner wasn't comfortable until his 8th grade season. And so we need to be patient.

This is his third NBA year...and so history has proven that, in five more years, he will settle in and become productive.

Be patient people. This is his pattern.
    Pretty harsh post on ET....

Based on a few of ur posts in the past, hasnt he been playing pretty good the last 3-4 games based on YOUR expectations?

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

Based on a few of ur posts in the past, hasnt he been playing pretty good the last 3-4 games based on YOUR expectations?

Based on MY expectations, he's doing fine; pretty good even. These last 4 games he's averaging about 14.5 (I have him at 11-12 for the season...so far he's at 9.5). So point production isn't shocking (especially considering our starting SG & big-scoring center have been absent). His defense is a bit worse than I expected...but his TO's are better (2.0 these past 4 games) and assists about where they should be (4.25).

He still pouts, mopes and whines. But he also seems a bit less lost out there than he's been 85% of his career.

So all in all? Ok, sure.

For a second overall pick?

Laughable.

vCash

props for myles

Better than thabeet and derrick williams!!!

And hes probabably replaced jrich at the 2 now with wright at the 3.... But im just assuming there....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Better than thabeet and derrick williams!!!

Fair enough. But not as good as, say, Marcus Camby, Alonzo Mourning, Kevin Durant, Gary Payton or Jason Kidd.

vCash
    michael beasley, marvin williams, darko milicic

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    So you are satisfied. I'm happy for you.

vCash

props for myles

Not satisfied, but after a terrible preseason and a bad 1st two games that basically dropped all my expectations.....

I see a guy more comfortable, whos been looking to get the ball, is competent out there, and has contributed to 3 wins in a row.

This gives me confidence moving forward that he will be a good basketball player for us.... Will he be the all-star u want out of a number 2 pick? No, all signs point to no. But hes not the complete bust that many of the recent number 2 picks have been either.

What i find funny is that u used to commend iggy for not taking a lot of shots and doing the other things to help win.... Which is exactly what turner did on sat with 12rbs and only took 6 shots and played good D..... And even tho hes surpassing ur expectations, u cant just say hes playing well....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Iggy was efficient for a whole year. Don't give me one ****ing game. What are you, NEW at this?

He took NINETEEN shots against Boston. And I have news for you: he ain't good enough to EVER take nineteen ****ing shots. Disgraceful. Both of you.

vCash

props for myles

Didnt he score 25points off those 19 shots?

gotta pay the troll toll

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast