Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly:24269591
    Not gonna lie, I'm pretty bummed I wrote all that only to find out it was in this stupid thread.
    Lol. 17-18 ppg for an unathletic wing player that can't shoot threes? I'm trying to think of another player like that in the history of the league that put up those kind of numbers. Is there any player that you would be able to compare to a 17-18 ppg Evan Turner?

I would be happy with 13/6/3 with solid D at this point.
    Last edited by Reptar; 11-11-2012 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    rip hamilon?

exceppt turner never runs off screens like rip.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Idk if you ever seen Rip Hamilton play or not but there games are nothing alike.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    rip hamilon?

exceppt turner never runs off screens like rip.
    And now what does that make me think of hm.... oh right how doug got flak for trying to play him off the ball LOL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Idk if you ever seen Rip Hamilton play or not but there games are nothing alike.
    You asked for an unathletic wing player whp doesnt hit 3s who scores 17-18ppg....

Didnt say they played the game the same way.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

props for myles

Not saying turner should be running off screens, BUT the sixers offense doesnt set a ton of off the ball screens anyway.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Lol. 17-18 ppg for an unathletic wing player that can't shoot threes? I'm trying to think of another player like that in the history of the league that put up those kind of numbers. Is there any player that you would be able to compare to a 17-18 ppg Evan Turner?

There aren't many, if any, because being unathletic prevents you from getting to the rim and the line, and if you aren't doing that and can't hit threes then the only way to score 18 points is by taking 18 shots and someone that inefficient isn't getting 18 shots. I totally agree with that, and I've been pretty critical of him for those things. Which is why I said if he continues as the player he is he'll be an inefficient 11-14ppg scorer.

The premise of being a 17 or 18ppg scorer was that he learn to get to the line and develop a passable three - I never claimed he could do it without those skills, so the fact that nobody else can doesn't disprove that at all.

I think we pretty much agree on what he is right now, and what he's likely to be if he stays that way (although I think I think he's a pretty big favourite to be a 13/6/3 type guy - I wouldn't say it would make me happy to get that). I just disagree that his problems are unfixable - I don't think his athleticism is as bad or as binding of a constraint as you do, and I don't think his three is unfixable.

vCash

props for myles

Turner isnt derrick rose or russell westbrook....

But its not like james harden or manu ginobili are better athletes than him.

Turner hasnt learned to use his physical advantages yet against smaller and weaker 2s..... Except for his ridiculous rebounding

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    What's Andre miller averaged over his career? That might be the only comp.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Turner isnt derrick rose or russell westbrook....

But its not like james harden or manu ginobili are better athletes than him.

Turner hasnt learned to use his physical advantages yet against smaller and weaker 2s..... Except for his ridiculous rebounding
    Harden and ginobili are much better athletes then him. Don't be ridiculous.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Seriously

vCash

props for myles

How so? Neither of them are explosive. Theyre quicker with the ball, while turner is bigger and stronger. Give and take.....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

props for myles

The combine results for harden and turner for speed and quickness were insanely close.

Harden had like 2 or 3 inches on his vert, but turners height and length negated that, so he gets a bit higher.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly:24286212

There aren't many, if any, because being unathletic prevents you from getting to the rim and the line, and if you aren't doing that and can't hit threes then the only way to score 18 points is by taking 18 shots and someone that inefficient isn't getting 18 shots. I totally agree with that, and I've been pretty critical of him for those things. Which is why I said if he continues as the player he is he'll be an inefficient 11-14ppg scorer.

The premise of being a 17 or 18ppg scorer was that he learn to get to the line and develop a passable three - I never claimed he could do it without those skills, so the fact that nobody else can doesn't disprove that at all.

I think we pretty much agree on what he is right now, and what he's likely to be if he stays that way (although I think I think he's a pretty big favourite to be a 13/6/3 type guy - I wouldn't say it would make me happy to get that). I just disagree that his problems are unfixable - I don't think his athleticism is as bad or as binding of a constraint as you do, and I don't think his three is unfixable.
    It's just the way he shoots his jumpshot I don't think he will ever be able to shoot from distance. Some players like Andre Miller, Tim Duncan, Turner have effective mid range jumpshots, they just don't have range. It's the way they shoot.

And I think if he could get to the rim consistently, he would already be doing it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong:24286639
    What's Andre miller averaged over his career? That might be the only comp.
    He gets to the rim all day.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast