Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash

props for myles

Inteligence is making exceptions to suit your own biases and point of view ?

Thats news to me

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    Sure. He [Richardson] shoots well from everywhere, rebounds decently, assists more than ET, turns it over less and also because we need his veteran presence.
    Hahaha

So, let's see, JRich - you are guessing - won't average 3 assists....and - you are guessing - that ET will. And so MY comparison isn't valid.

Because YOU decided that one might get better and the other can't.

What the **** kind of arguing is THAT?
    So. Your sample size is 38 minutes.

You win. That is overwhelming evidence, counselor.
    I don't want to wade into this whole cluster**** again, but these points need making.

"Assists more than ET"
    ET put up better assist numbers than JRich last year (2.8apg to JRich's 2.0, 4.2 per 40 to JRich's 2.7, 24.24 assist rate to JRich's 15.59), and the year before (2.0apg to JRich's 1.8, 3.5 per 40 to JRich's 2.2, and assist rate of 23.95 to JRich's <15.)

ET has an assist rate >23.9 and assists per 40 >=3.5 in each of his first two seasons. You have to go back to 2006-07 for JRich to have that many assists per 40, and he hasn't even sniffed a 20 assist rate his entire career.

And before you go back and do your ******** comparison of overall career numbers as if that isn't totally ridiculous, ET's career ast/40 is 3.86. JRich has put up more than that exactly twice in a 12 year career, and has a career mark of 3.14. ET's ast/40 was 4.2 last year, which JRich has bettered exactly 0 times in his career.

If you want to make a claim like that, the burden of proof is on you to substantiate it. Just because the counterarguments you get are half-assed doesn't make you right.

JRich does not assist more than ET. It's just a fact.

"Shoots well from everywhere"
    Here's the last two years' shooting percentages by distance for JRich, ET, and the league average for SGs playing 20+ games and 15+mpg.

JRich doesn't shoot well from everywhere, unless by everywhere you mean "from 3 and nowhere else", which I know you didn't because that was the exact opposite of the premise of the question.

In short, some of the things you're saying are just objectively not true (and easily checkable). Sort of explains some of your overrating of JRich, though.

vCash
    Who's a better shooter.

Answer the question Dr. Data.

vCash
    JRich from three, ET from everywhere else.
    JRich has a better arc and it looks nicer - maybe in a gym with nobody around he'd hit more, I don't know - but in real life NBA games ET shoots better inside the arc and way worse outside.

vCash
    Pretty sure about 100% of everyone connected to basketball - ever - would prefer JR to takes shots compared to Evan.

vCash
    Well when consensus starts determining whether buckets actually drop in the real world, you let me know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bholly View Post
    Well when consensus starts determining whether buckets actually drop in the real world, you let me know.
    Billy Beane of the forums. What did he win?

vCash
    Billy Beane? These aren't advanced stats, they're field goal percentages. The same thing you were all over when talking about why JRich would score 14ppg this season. And now I'm Billy Beane because you don't have a real argument? lol.

vCash
    Another sixers thread turned into an Evan Turner thread.......will this ever end??
    Phillies/Eagles/Flyers/Sixers/Union/Arsenal

vCash
    not as long as rickyprior posts in this forum

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan4 View Post
    Another sixers thread turned into an Evan Turner thread.......will this ever end??
    If Hydro or Myles like I'd be happy to move the ET stuff to another thread - probably the one Ricky started in response to this one - so that this one can be about its original topic again. Just let me know.

vCash

props for myles

Knock urself out

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Knock urself out
    Done. Some of it was hard to decide which thread it belonged in, but I think I got it close enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior:24298278
    Billy Beane of the forums. What did he win?
    Lololol called him Billy Bean for comparing the two players field goal percentages. You silly goose.
    Last edited by Reptar; 11-13-2012 at 03:22 AM.

vCash
    Billy Beane? These aren't advanced stats, they're field goal percentages. The same thing you were all over when talking about why JRich would score 14ppg this season. And now I'm Billy Beane because you don't have a real argument? lol.
    lol
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast