Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Eli’s struggles may be due to “tired arm”

Two-time Super Bowl champion Eli Manning has struggled the past three weeks. Not a ton has been made of it because the G-Men have won two of the three games. But Eli has not played well, and it’s been evident both on the field and in the box scores.

Manning’s struggles were especially noticeable in Weeks Eight and Nine. Against the Cowboys and Steelers, Manning combined to complete just 25-of-54 passes (46.3 percent) for 317 yards (5.87 YPA), no touchdowns, and two interceptions.

NFL Films guru Greg Cosell mentioned on Friday’s Yahoo! Week Ten preview podcast that Manning’s struggles may be due to a “tired arm,” 318 throws into his ninth NFL season. And not only has it been evident on game tape, but Cosell and ESPN’s Ron Jaworski confirmed with someone in the know that Eli’s arm is tired.

“Ron Jaworski and I were having this conversation this week,” Cosell said. “I looked at Eli on Monday; Jaws looked at Eli on Wednesday. And he made a very interesting comment. It really struck me, and I would defer to Jaws on this because I’ve never taken snaps in the NFL. … It looks to him like Eli’s arm is a little tired. And that he’s not driving the ball at the intermediate and deeper levels the way we’ve come to expect. Because Eli has a strong arm.

“And we even got that sort of confirmed by someone who’s a lot closer to the situation. His arm’s a little bit tired right now. He’s missed some throws that he would normally make.”

The Giants aren’t going to bench Manning, so they’ll likely just sit back and hope he snaps out of it.

New York visits Cincinnati in Week Ten.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-tired-arm/

vCash
    I honestly think that's why they are trying to go with more short quick routes to guys like Cruz/Hixon.

vCash
    Eli certainly is not used to the offense relying on his passing this heavily... He's throwing a huge number of attempts week-in-week-out. I believe it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGTom View Post
    Eli certainly is not used to the offense relying on his passing this heavily... He's throwing a huge number of attempts week-in-week-out. I believe it
    Really what about last season?

Maybe he was just flat out tired for the steelers game, anyone affected by the hurricane was..

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    I came in here with intentions of posting the same thing

vCash
    The bye week should remedy that then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    The bye week should remedy that then.
    Hopefully

KNICKS
    GIANTS
    RANGERS
    YANKS

vCash
    I will admit this though, it does make sense.. Being at the games his throws don't seem to have as much on em..

vCash
    Two bad games in a row and were making excuses. It happens, hopefully he is back this week and then the bye week will help.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    And the worst part is we're talking about 2 broadcast guys who are looking for excuses for the one guy on our team that never makes any excuses.

After the Skins game, Eli and Gilbride mentioned that WAS was using some complex coverages they hadn't seen before and it shut them down a bit and limited what they could do. I pointed this out and said it could be a problem.

So then Rob f'n Ryan's D shuts them down and LeBeau took the same method to a new level and did the same.

Don't be surprised if Cincy does the same and we end up waiting through a bye week for them to make meaningful adjustments.

vCash
    "Tired arm" wow thank god it wasn't anyone from the Giants organization coming out and saying that.

vCash
    Lets just take this for what it's worth, it's just speculation from broadcasters and analyst..

Could be right, could be wrong.. Lets just hope it's wrong.. Time will tell

vCash
    Give me a break

vCash
    This is a very misleading thread. All it is, is speculation from a guy who watched some film.

Neither Eli nor the Giants made a statement that would lead me to believe Eli is hurting.

is right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast