Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    I say keep them both, and trade Barney, Garza, and a spec for Upton. Castro can go to 2B or 3B eventually, slide Baez in at short, and there you go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by excillon View Post
    I say keep them both, and trade Barney, Garza, and a spec for Upton. Castro can go to 2B or 3B eventually, slide Baez in at short, and there you go.
    Trade decline setting: off
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Yeah that trade doesn't happen. No where near the return that Upton is worth. Garza is injured and needs to prove he can throw in ST before he's traded and Barney, while he has some trade value, wouldn't be a major piece in an Upton deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Yea, I really don't get this trending idea that we can't keep both if Baez turns out to be an ML asset.
    I thought Baez was going to be moved to 3rd eventually anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drose View Post
    I thought Baez was going to be moved to 3rd eventually anyway?
    It's one of the overwhelming beliefs. He's likely not going to stick at SS at the MLB due to defensive questions, and, more importantly, Starlin Castro's existence. Baez will end up at 3b or 2b.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Justin Upton opened the year as my favorite future Cubs trade, though just barely ahead of David Price. Now, it's David Price, a bunch of other cheaper guys, and then Upton, who I feel has become a little overrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Yeah that trade doesn't happen. No where near the return that Upton is worth. Garza is injured and needs to prove he can throw in ST before he's traded and Barney, while he has some trade value, wouldn't be a major piece in an Upton deal.
    I didn't say who I'd trade for the spec. I'd totally send Almora there. If they threw in either Cahill or a top notch near ready spec arm and Upton agreed to extend his deal by 3 years, I'd send Soler instead of Almora. We have OF depth in the minors, and a possible good player in Soler to me is worth a know it's good player in Upton. Cubs fans overrate their prospects, just like Yankee fans.

But it depends on Upton's medicals, I'm as curious as most as to why his power declined, and want a close look at that shoulder.

vCash
    stopped reading after the title of the thread. all i have to say is no, no, no. castro is still scratching the surface of his potential imo and we've locked him up for a long time at a good rate (relative to what some other guys at his position make).

vCash
    I didn't say who I'd trade for the spec. I'd totally send Almora there. If they threw in either Cahill or a top notch near ready spec arm and Upton agreed to extend his deal by 3 years, I'd send Soler instead of Almora. We have OF depth in the minors, and a possible good player in Soler to me is worth a know it's good player in Upton. Cubs fans overrate their prospects, just like Yankee fans.

But it depends on Upton's medicals, I'm as curious as most as to why his power declined, and want a close look at that shoulder.
    Wait where did I overrate prospects? You never specified which prospect it was. If I were to send Almora there I would want Skaggs as well. While I would love to trade for Upton, there is risk in trading for him right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    Wait where did I overrate prospects? You never specified which prospect it was. If I were to send Almora there I would want Skaggs as well. While I would love to trade for Upton, there is risk in trading for him right now.
    I didn't mean you, I meant in general. Hell, even I do it, I swore up and down Vitters was the next Aramis for 2 years. I think the fanbase needs a dose of reality is all, myself included.

Skaggs? Absolutely. With Kubel being gone in a couple years or sooner, Upton traded, Almora would be useful in a couple years. Personally, I'd sell on Soler before Almora if I had my way. I just think a deal could be done if we really wanted to do it, to get Upton and a decent arm for the future.

But I do agree with you as I said above I'd want a real close look with our team's doctors at him before deciding for sure to pull the trigger.

vCash
    I didn't mean you, I meant in general. Hell, even I do it, I swore up and down Vitters was the next Aramis for 2 years. I think the fanbase needs a dose of reality is all, myself included.

Skaggs? Absolutely. With Kubel being gone in a couple years or sooner, Upton traded, Almora would be useful in a couple years. Personally, I'd sell on Soler before Almora if I had my way. I just think a deal could be done if we really wanted to do it, to get Upton and a decent arm for the future.

But I do agree with you as I said above I'd want a real close look with our team's doctors at him before deciding for sure to pull the trigger.
    As much as I want Upton, he also scares me quite a bit. His injury concern is huge to me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678