Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    Yeah,
    I just cant agree, while im certain there are some whos motivation is what you are expressing, in a more generic perspective it is about safety,nationalism,and commonality.

    feel free to retain and enjoy language and customs unique to an identitiy, but at the same time it must be acknowledged IMO, that this isnt Italy, or Mexico, or Korea.

    a lot of tension would be erased If there were more things we all shared.
    Learning a second language when youve chosen to live among people who dont speak yours is not a lot to ask.
    I find it curious to talk to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Keep bringing it. This is what I want to hear. Beat the pulpit. Rally the troops who believe as you do. Please nominate another person like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQYg9dTE0vo
    Putty Putty please. Cause as a Liberal if there's one thing I like more then some food stamps for my free lunch, it's destroying conservatives in national elections.
    Maybe you should check out this video.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    This shows a level of ignorance for history that I find HIlarious. Really you think that 1st generations up till now assimilated immediately? What a joke. It's always been this way. Come visit New York. I can point to you the enclaves of Ethnic communities and their movement as they became more assimilated or their cultures became aculturated with ours(much more effective). Polish, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Jews, Egyptian, you name it. Why in holy hell do you think that there are little italys, and Chinatowns, and little koreas, and Greek towns and all these ethic enclaves in every city in this nation?

    You know what in the 1860 they were terrified the Irish were going to over run the country. The 1880s it was the damn Polacks, Then in the 1910s it was the WOPs. in the early 1900s scientists produced a study of the smartest to dumbest race. The dumbest race was found to be Italians. You think it was a coincidence that they were the largest immigrant group at the time of the study?

    I'll leave ya with this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xb8...airie-****_fun
    For the record, I was born and raised in NYC in Brooklyn. 40+ years. I know the city pretty well. And it is true that all those ethnic neighborhood exist and are quite colorful and enjoyable to visit. The difference is that most of those nationalities that came here assimilated as quickly as they could although it took some longer than others.

    And for the most part, they came here legally.

    I just do not see that with the current wave of immigrants. Many seem to be trying to recreate what they left. Miami is just awful. It's like another country.

    Maybe you see it differently.

    Try not to describe a differing opinion as "hilarious". It's very insulting.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    For the record, I was born and raised in NYC in Brooklyn. 40+ years. I know the city pretty well. And it is true that all those ethnic neighborhood exist and are quite colorful and enjoyable to visit. The difference is that most of those nationalities that came here assimilated as quickly as they could although it took some longer than others.

    And for the most part, they came here legally.

    I just do not see that with the current wave of immigrants. Many seem to be trying to recreate what they left. Miami is just awful. It's like another country.

    Maybe you see it differently.

    Try not to describe a differing opinion as "hilarious". It's very insulting.
    I think what you describe is the kind of bull about the good ole days people often describe. You can believe this. I don't. I think there's solid evidence that even white first generation immigrants choose to live as much as they can in their old culture...Hisory also provides us evidence of xenophobia against Whatever group of people are coming in the greatest numbers. Cross culturally we know that This phenomenonis not just true of America, go to germany and look at the stress between Germans and incoming Turks. Look at France and the Muslim population.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-10-2012 at 09:23 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Maybe you should check out this video.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
    And I can show you twitter feeds of ******* racists saying bull ****. News flash there are stupid people everywhere. Picking out a couple and putting them on you tube is about as compelling an argument as claiming honey boo boo is a description of how all children are raised by white people.

    These are tactics that don't portray an honet interest in discussing the issues. When Jezebel posts a bunch of racists tweets they are taking a select smll group of ignorant conservatives and making it seem like they speak for the whole of conservative thought. It's not a genuine argument... It's an argument with the dumber members who hold another viewpoint.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-10-2012 at 09:28 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    And I can show you twitter feeds of ******* racists saying bull ****. News flash there are stupid people everywhere. Picking out a couple and putting them on you tube is about as compelling an argument as claiming honey boo boo is a description of how all children are raised by white people. For either side.
    So your video is pertinent but mine is stupid.

    OK.

    So you can show me racist tweets or skipes or whatever and I guess I go get the black panthers at the polling place video.

    I get it now.

    I say Rush, you say Maddow.

    I say O'Reily and you come up with O'Really.

    It's all clear to me now.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    So your video is pertinent but mine is stupid.

    OK.

    So you can show me racist tweets or skipes or whatever and I guess I go get the black panthers at the polling place video.

    I get it now.

    I say Rush, you say Maddow.

    I say O'Reily and you come up with O'Really.

    It's all clear to me now.
    I'm telling you none of that (picking out a few uneducated fools) is journalism or an effective argument. Pulling out one nut job out of the crowd is not the same as listening to the candidates.

    As far as the Clip from the GOP debate I put in there. I put that there to say that if the republicans nominate a guy who is that hostile towards immigrants they will lose again. Romney went at Perry with the fact that Perry was treating the immigrants with compassion in Texas (tuition for education of Children of illegal immigrants who graduated from texas schools in specific). in my opinion it was the way he attacked perry over this issue that led to the 75ish number Obama got of Hispanics. So I figured that was relevant.

    And if you want to equate one clearly close to mentally ******** person yelling about an "obamaphone" with a clip from the GOP debate then I think it weakens not strengthens the GOP position.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-10-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Ipads suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Please don't equate Rush Limbaugh and Rachel Maddow. They aren't at all the same people and really share nothing in common other than they are human beings. They are not two opposite sides of the same coin.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,284
    vCash
    1500
    Rush and Chris Matthews.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sota4Ever View Post
    Rush and Chris Matthews.
    I think Rush and Ed Schultz are two of the same kind. Chris Matthews really doesn't have a dance partner that I can think of.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I think Rush and Ed Schultz are two of the same kind. Chris Matthews really doesn't have a dance partner that I can think of.
    How bout this guy as his dance partner. http://minx.cc/?post=328206
    Last edited by flips333; 11-11-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: I love hippopotamuses.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    LOL, we all speak english in here and half the time we cant get our points across to each other ..and you see no value in having a national Language?

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    LOL, we all speak english in here and half the time we cant get our points across to each other ..and you see no value in having a national Language?
    I mentioned how I see the speaking of English in america as utilitarian... I think that implies I see value in it.

    Us not getting our points across has more to do with not bothering to read what other people write, poor written structure, and silly arguments.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-11-2012 at 12:53 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,286
    vCash
    1500
    ^ more often then not since the premise devalues personal liberties in favor of a majority rule, it is usually used in a negative conotation.

    Im certainly guilty of much of the latter portion of your statement, but in regards to my POV, as a Military Guy, Uniformity was a very important role in structure and discipline.
    Obviously in the civilian world, there is no need of such a draconian orthodoxy, but I feel that fostering a American Identity, that supercedes our differences is a key to moving forward without so many barriers and labels.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,798
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    ^ more often then not since the premise devalues personal liberties in favor of a majority rule, it is usually used in a negative conotation.

    Im certainly guilty of much of the latter portion of your statement, but in regards to my POV, as a Military Guy, Uniformity was a very important role in structure and discipline.
    Obviously in the civilian world, there is no need of such a draconian orthodoxy, but I feel that fostering a American Identity, that supercedes our differences is a key to moving forward without so many barriers and labels.
    I believe Those differences define what it is to be an American. So then in a twisted way we agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •