Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    His number in the NL should be better since he played there longer and was able to face a pitcher. Once he settled in with the team and got some familiarity with the AL he we pretty good. Also, paying him $13-$15 mil per season will look good when Max or Fister will want more then that. Also, Max has Boras as his agent so in my book he's already gone after 2013.
    Good points...so, what is the limit on how far to go on Sanchez? Furthermore, would you look to trade Scherzer before this season?

vCash
    $13-$14 mil for 4 years is probably what I would go for as my max. I'd go $15 if Illitch really wanted him (if I'm DD). I can't justify trading Max right now after his season. He made me look stupid once he turned it on. I don't see him duplicating the season and he's on my list of "guys most likely to get injured" in 2013, but it's a risk you have to take. If he can pitch like an All Star in 2013, you look to extend him if Boras lets him, if he doesn't, I trade him for 2 or 3 blue chip prospects (MIF guys) and go from there.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    $13-$14 mil for 4 years is probably what I would go for as my max. I'd go $15 if Illitch really wanted him (if I'm DD). I can't justify trading Max right now after his season. He made me look stupid once he turned it on. I don't see him duplicating the season and he's on my list of "guys most likely to get injured" in 2013, but it's a risk you have to take. If he can pitch like an All Star in 2013, you look to extend him if Boras lets him, if he doesn't, I trade him for 2 or 3 blue chip prospects (MIF guys) and go from there.
    I agree completely but won't it be hard to trade him in the middle of next season while we are trying to make the playoffs (send the wrong message to the team)...or do we control Max for one more year? I could not find his FA date.

vCash
    He's a FA after the 2014 season (2 years). He will be most valuable next off season because teams can be compensated a draft pick if he leaves.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    He's a FA after the 2014 season (2 years). He will be most valuable next off season because teams can be compensated a draft pick if he leaves.
    Thank you...sheds a lot of light on the picture, thanks again.

vCash
    If Sanchez is gonna be too expensive, should they be looking at Dempster?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    If Sanchez is gonna be too expensive, should they be looking at Dempster?
    I would not be surprised if they inquired but Dempster wanted nothing to do with the Tigs at the deadline this year...I cannot imagine anything has changed on his end.

I would think that a guy like McCarthy would be more intriguing.

vCash
    :May sound a little crazy but haven't heard Farnsworths name mentioned. He was doing a very respectable job last year with the Rays before he got hurt. He was with us once . That didn't go very well but now that he's at the end of his career he might appreciate the game a little more. He might sign on the cheap. Maybe get him for at least the early part of the season to give Rondon a chance to get comfortable without throwing him right into the fire. I'm not saying I want it. I'm saying its worth looking into and who knows.

A side note. T $$$ . No worries my friend. Its all good. Yesterday was a rough day for me.
    My depends leaked through onto my favorite rocking chair. I drank way too much prune juice. What a freaking mess.
    You add alot to this forum. Its great to have you around. my apologies to you.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    :May sound a little crazy but haven't heard Farnsworths name mentioned. He was doing a very respectable job last year with the Rays before he got hurt. He was with us once . That didn't go very well but now that he's at the end of his career he might appreciate the game a little more. He might sign on the cheap. Maybe get him for at least the early part of the season to give Rondon a chance to get comfortable without throwing him right into the fire. I'm not saying I want it. I'm saying its worth looking into and who knows.

A side note. T $$$ . No worries my friend. Its all good. Yesterday was a rough day for me.
    My depends leaked through onto my favorite rocking chair. I drank way too much prune juice. What a freaking mess.
    You add alot to this forum. Its great to have you around. my apologies to you.
    Jack, I think that you have fallen and bumped your head...you just uttered the dreaded F-word...FARNSWORTH, aghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

You are crazy, simply crazy! Either that or your prune juice has fermented. No need for the apology, but thanks.

Farnsworth makes me start looking for my blood pressure meds...

vCash
    Yeah, Probably a little of everything. Forget I brought his name up. Brain fart. Oops.That wasn't my brain. Damn prune juice. I'll be back in a while . time to change again.
    Last edited by JackB; 12-06-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Yeah, Probably a little of everything. Forget I brought his name up. Brain fart. Oops.That wasn't my brain. Damn prune juice. I'll be back in a while . time to change again.
    I was messing with you...sad thing is that Farnsworth is exactly the type of guy that the Tigers should be looking at to help be a bridge to Rondon. I think that they feel that the already have that on roster with Coke, Dotel, Benoit, and Albequerque (a guy that can close for a while if Rondon is not ready or can close if Rondon does not work out).

I don't see the Tigers getting a closer.

That does not mean it won't happen though.

vCash
    Jack

Farnsworth was with the Tigers twice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Jack

Third time is a charm!?! KIDDING, I AM JUST KIDDING.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Jack

Yeah thats right. Thanks for refreshing my memory. What were we just talking about?

vCash
    Looks like Grienke is starting to lean towards the Rangers which is not good for us because Sanchez is 2nd on the Dodgers list for SP and they will outbid us.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast