Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    With Verlander every 5th day(also Fister), Cabrera and Fielder batting 3/4, and the defense of Jackson and Avila...we have the best base of a playoff team in the AL Central. None of the other teams in the AL Central have anything close to that....the closest being the Royals minus the comparison to Verlander.
    IMO, they are an ace and #3 pitcher away from being a scary team. The young guys are finally coming to, couple went through sophomore slump last year, but if they bounce back and get the pitching, could give Detroit a run for their money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    IMO, they are an ace and #3 pitcher away from being a scary team. The young guys are finally coming to, couple went through sophomore slump last year, but if they bounce back and get the pitching, could give Detroit a run for their money.
    Yeah, but I have been saying that now for awhile...it is like they have the hardluck curse that plagues the Detroit Lions. Even if they pull a bonified ace and a solid #3, they still have to execute...and I am not a big believer in Yost in getting the most out of his squad. But I do agree, they are not FAR off.

vCash
    They picked up Ervin Santana. He's nothing special but a move from the big market could be a boost for him. he has pitched lights out before and is still young. I agree. KC could be a team to watch .
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    They picked up Ervin Santana. He's nothing special but a move from the big market could be a boost for him. he has pitched lights out before and is still young. I agree. KC could be a team to watch .
    Ervin Santana is nothing but a repeat of what KC did a year ago in the acquisition of Jonathon Sanchez...neither is going to pan out, Sanchez is already gone and Santana is basically a two pitch pitcher...he gave up 39 HRs last year to lead all of MLB in HR given up...

vCash
    Did you read my post before you decided to blast it with one of your many wise *** remarks? I said he was nothing special but of course you knew that already. You have been wearing out your welcome with many replies recently. We can do without your face palms and smart *** remarks . Its one thing to have an opinion but if you don't like somebody elses reply with a little respect. You really aren't Mr. Know It All like you think you are.
    Oh and by the way. Go back to early Sept. when Santana dominated us with a two hitter and a crap load of K's. But you knew that didn't you?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Santana is loaded with potential. He pitches phenomenal games and then gets light up. The only thing Jonathan Sanchez and Ervin Santana have in common is that they played for west coast teams and then kansas city. Besides Sanchez's no hitter, I couldn't tell you another body of work of significance. Ervin Santana has been hit and miss for a few years now, but when he's on, the offense is in for a rough outing.

vCash
    Sanchez is very consistent and had good numbers for a perennial bad Marlins team.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Check Sanchez numbers splits. Marlins/ Tigers They were actually better when he was with the Marlins. Not counting the playoffs. I've gone back and forth with this one. At first I thought it was too much money for him. Then somebody opened my eyes to something about him. But now I'm going back the other way after seeing what some of these guys are signing for. Haren one year 13 million is one deal . I just don't think we should lock him up for more than 3 years. I guess the money doesn't bother me as much as the length of the deal. Give him 3yrs 45 but not 4 yrs 60. Not with a couple of other signings luming. He's a good pitcher but not great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Sanchez is very consistent and had good numbers for a perennial bad Marlins team.
    I was referring to Jonathon Sanchez...but I agree Anibal Sanchez is very consistent.

vCash
    Did you read my post before you decided to blast it with one of your many wise *** remarks? I said he was nothing special but of course you knew that already. You have been wearing out your welcome with many replies recently. We can do without your face palms and smart *** remarks . Its one thing to have an opinion but if you don't like somebody elses reply with a little respect. You really aren't Mr. Know It All like you think you are.
    Oh and by the way. Go back to early Sept. when Santana dominated us with a two hitter and a crap load of K's. But you knew that didn't you?
    Jack, I wasn't blasting you...just pointing out that Santana gave up 39 HRs last season...wasn't sure you knew that. You are right, he can look good at times (specifically against the Tigers and other AL Central teams) but you referrenced him as a #3, I think, and I just don't think he is a difference maker.

As far as the Mr. Know It All comment...sorry to offend you, I thought these posts were for respectful debate/banter...I didn't not think that I had overstepped my boundaries, sorry dude. My only offense as I see it is that I cannot stand Jhonny Peralta...if you guys find that over the top, my apologies.

vCash
    Check Sanchez numbers splits. Marlins/ Tigers They were actually better when he was with the Marlins. Not counting the playoffs. I've gone back and forth with this one. At first I thought it was too much money for him. Then somebody opened my eyes to something about him. But now I'm going back the other way after seeing what some of these guys are signing for. Haren one year 13 million is one deal . I just don't think we should lock him up for more than 3 years. I guess the money doesn't bother me as much as the length of the deal. Give him 3yrs 45 but not 4 yrs 60. Not with a couple of other signings luming. He's a good pitcher but not great.
    I am not sure that paying Anibal Sanchez $15 mil per season is a smart move...I know what you are saying Jack, about the pitching market getting overpaid...I just don't know that $15 per is best way for us to go...

...that said, if you signed him to that deal you could (not that you would) trade away another SP to fill a need. Do you think the Rangers bite on a deal for Andrus centered around Scherzer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I am not sure that paying Anibal Sanchez $15 mil per season is a smart move...I know what you are saying Jack, about the pitching market getting overpaid...I just don't know that $15 per is best way for us to go...

...that said, if you signed him to that deal you could (not that you would) trade away another SP to fill a need. Do you think the Rangers bite on a deal for Andrus centered around Scherzer?
    If Detroit plans on winning this year then they wouldn't offer that. They need Scherzer to keep their rotation solid. At the end of the year I would certainly consider it if I were DD. Scherzer is going to cost a lot to re-sign(which I don't see Tigers doing) and Texas would love to spend money on him I bet. As for now, I would stick with Max.

vCash
    I think Max is still gonna be very inconsistent going forward, isn't gonna get more than 6 innings very often and is an injury risk with his pitching motion. His high K rate is awesome but I think he is the epitome of sell high right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    I think Max is still gonna be very inconsistent going forward, isn't gonna get more than 6 innings very often and is an injury risk with his pitching motion. His high K rate is awesome but I think he is the epitome of sell high right now.
    I tend to agree...Scherzer with his motion is always going to be an injury risk and I don't see him repeating last years production. He has a lot more value in trade than does Porcello...but trading Scherzer means first, you must resign Sanchez and second, you must upgrade at SS with Fister, Sanchez, and Porcello in your rotation. Just my opinion.

vCash
    His number in the NL should be better since he played there longer and was able to face a pitcher. Once he settled in with the team and got some familiarity with the AL he we pretty good. Also, paying him $13-$15 mil per season will look good when Max or Fister will want more then that. Also, Max has Boras as his agent so in my book he's already gone after 2013.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast