Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    With the new CBA you aren't allowed to net draft picks for players you acquire mid season of their FA year. So we couldn't offer him a qualifying offer.

Also, please consider that Max is a Scott Boras client so the odds of him ever signing an extension are very slim. When he hits the open market he will get a big time offer. Signing Sanchez assures we will have a good option to keep in our rotation even if Max leaves.
    Oh right, I knew there was a reason. Thanks
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    We better just start shopping Scherzer now lol

vCash
    If we weren't favored to win the world series, I would say dish him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    If we weren't favored to win the world series, I would say dish him.
    Are you talking about Sanchez or Scherzer? I was joking about trading Scherzer now, but at the end of next season we should strongly consider it.

vCash
    I only have 16 well now 17 posts, must mean I'm clueless??

vCash
    I'm saying scherzer. If we weren't supposed to be a powerhouse, and i know you were joking but there is a valid point to it, I would try to trade him. Because at the end of the season, we are going to have the same problem we are having with sanchez right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    I'm saying scherzer. If we weren't supposed to be a powerhouse, and i know you were joking but there is a valid point to it, I would try to trade him. Because at the end of the season, we are going to have the same problem we are having with sanchez right now.
    Like I was saying before, we can sign Sanchez at 28 for 6yrs $15 million per, or Scherzer at 30 for 6yrs $20 million per.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GetVYsomehelp View Post
    I only have 16 well now 17 posts, must mean I'm clueless??
    nobody says your clueless. but when you go on the attack here, telling someone to never post here again, someone is going to call you out on it. Especially if the guy who is being offensive, we know nothing about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Like I was saying before, we can sign Sanchez at 28 for 6yrs $15 million per, or Scherzer at 30 for 6yrs $20 million per.
    we're not a lock to re sign either, but i understand what you're saying

vCash
    I wouldn't pay him that much but 5 years at 71 million. Then again it's not my money haha!

vCash
    We probably won't see Sanchez sign until after Greinke signs. Once Grienke signs Sanchez will get whatever he is asking for from somebody. bank it. Pardon the pun.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I think that we still have a legit shot at signing Sanchez...just need to up our "supposed offer" of 4 for $48 to 4 for $56-$58 with a club option 5th year...just might do the trick!

vCash
    I don't think so. He's looking longer and more money. 90 million is a boat load. He'll get close to that once Grienke signs. Look for the Dodgers to be the main suiter if they lose out on Greinke. Maybe the Angels .
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    At minimum Scherzer will end up costing us 5 years $85M

I wouldn't go more than 5 year $70M for Sanchez

Fister will cost about the same as Sanchez

So who do you keep and who walks? I'd take Scherzer and Fister.

vCash
    Extend Fister. Trade Scherzer. Sign Sanchez if not ridiculous.

Fister will be a lot cheaper than Scherzer I'm guessing. He's less likely to run into arm/shoulder problems since he's not a power arm so for a long-term deal would be much more mind-easing.

Scherzer would probably get more on the trade market, 2 maybe 3 key pieces. If anything, depending what they do this year, re-stock the farm system. Better yet, get a stud SS in a deal with a prospect or 2.

If Sanchez waits until Greinke signs than most likely not going to be a Tiger.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast