Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    I posted the article because you can't copy and paste links from the site I found it on

r e a l g m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I'd expect 20-23 million but he isn't getting 25-30.

About trading him, you'd piss off a whole fan base. We aren't the Marlins or Royals. We don't trade guys just to save money...
    If Illitch dies it might become a real possibility.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I posted the article because you can't copy and paste links from the site I found it on

r e a l g m
    Never heard of that site before. Is it legit, accurate, or reputable?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Real GM has been around for a decade, that I know of.

It is as accurate as the big boys..... under 50% accuracy.

Really thou, what is considered ""accurate"" at places like ESPN Insider, MLBTradeRumors....etc... 10% (trade talks/negotations)?...... 50% (GM inquiries on players)?...... 75% (player agent demands)?

How does anyone cite a correct percentage to anything we read at places like this? When they exist to make money and draw readers to their websites, then how trust-worthy can they be?

I hardly ever click-on sites like this. They are all wrong "considerably more' than they are right. So why bother/ The local writers get first-hand info most-all the time. They usually know more than the national guys.

Stick to the local yokels for your winter research. They can be trusted more.
    Last edited by MotownWebGuy; 11-19-2012 at 09:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Real GM has been around for a decade, that I know of.

It is as accurate as the big boys..... under 50% accuracy.

Really thou, what is considered ""accurate"" at places like ESPN Insider, MLBTradeRumors....etc... 10% (trade talks/negotations)?...... 50% (GM inquiries on players)?...... 75% (player agent demands)?

How does anyone cite a correct percentage to anything we read at places like this? When they exist to make money and draw readers to their websites, then how trust-worthy can they be?

I hardly ever click-on sites like this. They are all wrong "considerably more' than they are right. So why bother/ The local writers get first-hand info most-all the time. They usually know more than the national guys.

Stick to the local yokels for your winter research. They can be trusted more.
    IMO the local guys know much less than the national guys, just my experiences I guess though.

vCash
    Whoever said Sanchez is more proven than Fister or Scherzer is a moron. Just go ahead and never post here again. The real Sanchez was the one who was awful in his first handful of starts with the Tigers. This dude is worth no more than $10-$13 mil per season at most and wouldn't be a #2 starter on ANY team in baseball. Definitely was a horrible trade getting rid of turner and some for him and infante. I believe Turner will turn in good numbers this next season even if his w/l isn't all great. Just look back at when we dumped Jurrjens and more for renteria years ago from the Braves.

vCash
    You'll drive yourself crazy if you keep looking back. If you want to look at the glass being half full. Just remember what we gave up to get Miggy.That will take all of the sting out if you are really bothered by the Turner trade.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GetVYsomehelp View Post
    Whoever said Sanchez is more proven than Fister or Scherzer is a moron. Just go ahead and never post here again. The real Sanchez was the one who was awful in his first handful of starts with the Tigers. This dude is worth no more than $10-$13 mil per season at most and wouldn't be a #2 starter on ANY team in baseball. Definitely was a horrible trade getting rid of turner and some for him and infante. I believe Turner will turn in good numbers this next season even if his w/l isn't all great. Just look back at when we dumped Jurrjens and more for renteria years ago from the Braves.
    Why is this such a moronic statement?

Sanchez has had an ERA under 4 in 4 straight seasons, and if you want to say it's because he pitched in the NL, he has an ERA of 3.98 against the AL during that span in 25 starts. Overall in those last 4 seasons he has a 3.71 ERA, and 3.75 over his career, very consistent.

Fister has been great when healthy, but he only has 95 career starts, and his health was an issue all season. Scherzer only has 2 seasons with an ERA under 4, both of those were up and down years, he's just been very inconsistent since entering the majors.

All 3 of these guys have great potential still even at 28, but the biggest point I was trying to make is about value. If you sign Sanchez for a deal averaging $15 million per now, obviously that would make him a little overpaid, but as long as he continues to do what he has been doing then it's not that big of a deal at all. If Scherzer and Fister continue to do exactly what they have been doing the last few seasons, then they will both get bigger deals than that in a couple years simply because salaries go up at a fast pace, and they will be that much older when they get them. Is over paying Sanchez a couple million per that big of a deal when the alternative is to lose him for nothing?

vCash
    I think you made some great points. And if you look at it that way and are trying to win a WS and maybe more than one . Whats an extra 2-3 million per year ? Thats what we just did with Hunter. We overpaid .But thats what it takes sometimes. You opened my eyes wider. Guess we'll see if the FO thinks the same way. Do we get a pick if he does sign somewhere else?
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I think you made some great points. And if you look at it that way and are trying to win a WS and maybe more than one . Whats an extra 2-3 million per year ? Thats what we just did with Hunter. We overpaid .But thats what it takes sometimes. You opened my eyes wider. Guess we'll see if the FO thinks the same way. Do we get a pick if he does sign somewhere else?
    We do not get a pick if he signs elsewhere, not sure on the specifics of why though, can't remember.

vCash
    We would only get a pick if we offered him a qualifying offer(average annual salary of top 100 players, I think?) and he declined it.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    We would only get a pick if we offered him a qualifying offer(average annual salary of top 100 players, I think?) and he declined it.
    If i'm not mistaken that would be $13.3 million for one year, why the hell did we not offer him that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    If i'm not mistaken that would be $13.3 million for one year, why the hell did we not offer him that?
    It's a good question. I don't know the answer.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    With the new CBA you aren't allowed to net draft picks for players you acquire mid season of their FA year. So we couldn't offer him a qualifying offer.

Also, please consider that Max is a Scott Boras client so the odds of him ever signing an extension are very slim. When he hits the open market he will get a big time offer. Signing Sanchez assures we will have a good option to keep in our rotation even if Max leaves.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GetVYsomehelp View Post

A member since 2008 with 16 total posts.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast