Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    That $80 million will sting a bit but it means more to us to have Anibal back. Welcome back

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    The "fallout" from this will be interesting.

Wonder who gets traded, or if Smyly will just be in AAA.
    Honestly, you need 6 or 7 starting pitchers so I can seriously see them starting Drew in Toledo and call him up when an injury occurs (I'm looking at you Max and Doug). Crosby will be the #7, but I'd still feel better if we signed a guy to a MLC contract to stache in Toledo.

Rondon has also been tearing it up in his Venezuelan league so the CL spot may not be a need like us fans think it is.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Honestly, you need 6 or 7 starting pitchers so I can seriously see them starting Drew in Toledo and call him up when an injury occurs (I'm looking at you Max and Doug). Crosby will be the #7, but I'd still feel better if we signed a guy to a MLC contract to stache in Toledo.

Rondon has also been tearing it up in his Venezuelan league so the CL spot may not be a need like us fans think it is.
    I agree.

And I've been ready to roll with Rondon at closer since about halfway through last season.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Not mad at this contract at all. Most teams he could be their #2 or #3. I hope DD looks into trading Porcello for a BP arm and a prospect. I see them trading Scherzer next year, hopefully they do. I like him and think he's talented but with his delivery and chances of getting hurt with his hard throwing delivery. He brings back the most out of him, Fister and Sanchez. Personally, I'd rather have Fister anyways.

vCash
    Well thats that. Now its time to move toward a better BP and bench. Hopefully we can get something good for Boesch. If Jim Thome is out there late I would look at him. same with Ibanez.Both left handed bats. Ibanez was Mr Clutch for the Yankees last season.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Not mad at this contract at all. Most teams he could be their #2 or #3. I hope DD looks into trading Porcello for a BP arm and a prospect. I see them trading Scherzer next year, hopefully they do. I like him and think he's talented but with his delivery and chances of getting hurt with his hard throwing delivery. He brings back the most out of him, Fister and Sanchez. Personally, I'd rather have Fister anyways.
    I think Ahoda was on to something earlier last week with Pirates Taillon and Hanrahan...I also like the SS prospect Hanson, who is 19 at A ball level last season. That would be where I would call for a Porcello and Boesch package to see what I could pull from the Pirates...

vCash
    So does this mean Porcello is getting traded now? I can't see Smyly being with the Hens for the whole season or less we put him in the bullpen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Well thats that. Now its time to move toward a better BP and bench. Hopefully we can get something good for Boesch. If Jim Thome is out there late I would look at him. same with Ibanez.Both left handed bats. Ibanez was Mr Clutch for the Yankees last season.
    Thome and Ibanez would be a waste in Detroit. They aren't going to spend money on a lefty bat, especially since they have Boesch, Berry, Santiago as lefties off the bench. I also don't think either would take a big bench role, probably looking for DH roles. Guessing one signs with the Yankees, most likely Ibanez.

Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I think Ahoda was on to something earlier last week with Pirates Taillon and Hanrahan...I also like the SS prospect Hanson, who is 19 at A ball level last season. That would be where I would call for a Porcello and Boesch package to see what I could pull from the Pirates...
    Not going to get Taillon and Hanrahan for Porcello and Boesch. They don't need another OF and Taillon is better than Porcello now, without any MLB experience. It's a starting point though I agree, I think they're the best option, aside from ARI, to get a Porcello/Boesch deal done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    So does this mean Porcello is getting traded now? I can't see Smyly being with the Hens for the whole season or less we put him in the bullpen.
    If they don't trade Porcello and put Smyly in AAA I will protest in front of DDs office. lol Smyly is a solid SP, a lefty they could really use and better than Porcello.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    No way in hell does JV take a team friendly offer. The extension he signed previously could hardly be considered team friendly as it is. JV is not all about Detroit. JV is all about winning. If a team gives him a better chance at winning and a better offer, better believe he is going to take it.
    Good post...Verlander's starting point will be 6 years $180M, wouldn't be shocked if he becomes the first $200M pitcher

The bad news is he'll be 32 at that point and in the downside of his career

vCash
    I'm certainly not going to complain (higher than I would have paid but who cares). I do hope that it is front loaded like someone brought up so he can be moved later if need be. Earlier there were rumblings that we had a lot of interest in Porcello, so I am wondering if they found a deal they liked and thats why they went the extra to get Sanchez. I can't wait to see what DD does next.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    If they don't trade Porcello and put Smyly in AAA I will protest in front of DDs office. lol Smyly is a solid SP, a lefty they could really use and better than Porcello.
    I dunno, I think I'd still rather keep Porcello and trade Smyly. I know this board will kill me for thinking that, but I'd rather keep Porcello as the #5 starter, because we know *exactly* what we're going to get from him, instead of a kid in Smyly who is a wild card and could totally bust.

I don't want to see us trade either of them though.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash

crazy?

could DD have signed Sanchez because he asked the Cubs to back off? In turn, DD would take Soriano off their hands (as long as the Cubs eat most of his contract) for Porcello and/or Boesch? Or something similar...Hmmmmm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    I dunno, I think I'd still rather keep Porcello and trade Smyly. I know this board will kill me for thinking that, but I'd rather keep Porcello as the #5 starter, because we know *exactly* what we're going to get from him, instead of a kid in Smyly who is a wild card and could totally bust.

I don't want to see us trade either of them though.
    I thought we were friends!

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME ZANDUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaTiger View Post
    could DD have signed Sanchez because he asked the Cubs to back off? In turn, DD would take Soriano off their hands (as long as the Cubs eat most of his contract) for Porcello and/or Boesch? Or something similar...Hmmmmm.
    Thought of Soriano crossed my mind as well, but then I had hard time finding room for him. Word is the Cubs will eat $26M, leaving only $10M left. Money is good but I would rather have Dirks in LF and Soriano won't want to platoon or come off the bench.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast