Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    True Hoog, but in this current market, $15 mill for a guy who's a good #2/#3 isn't that bad. He fits our team make up very well. Max is the guy that I think is most likely to be gone.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    ahoda, isn't he really the 4 here in Detroit? I would have JV, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez, and Smyly as my rotation. Although I must say that in most eyes Max, Fister, Sanchez are all about the same. For me, Scherzer is the solid #2 and I'd take Fister all day over Sanchez. Just my opinion however.

vCash
    I'm torn on this guy. How long was he a Tiger? a couple of months. Shouldn't we take care of our own first? Us giving him a fat contract makes it tougher on us to extend guys that deserve it more.

vCash
    It's definitely a risk to give any pitcher a 5 year deal with all of the Tommy John surgeries these days. If I was DD, I probably wouldn't pay that much and find a cheaper option (Marcum?) or just keep Porcello and Smyly and look to trade in season. However, if they lock up Sanchez and he delivers this year, we could always use him in trade as the 15 mill isn't a horrible salary for him.

I wonder if DD is feverishly testing the Porcello trade market to see if he can make anything happen there if they do allocate all of this money to Sanchez.

vCash
    Latest news...

Cubs up to 77.5M, Detroit sitting at 75M. All other things being equal, he'll probably end up back here in Detroit.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    mlbtraderumors is stating via Jon Heyman at CBSsports, that the Cubs are out. It's looking like we are getting Sanchez at 5 years and 75 mill. Nothing is official but that is the latest.

Of course, the Cubs originally thought they had him signed as well, so who knows if "mystery team" will swoop in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    ahoda, isn't he really the 4 here in Detroit? I would have JV, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez, and Smyly as my rotation. Although I must say that in most eyes Max, Fister, Sanchez are all about the same. For me, Scherzer is the solid #2 and I'd take Fister all day over Sanchez. Just my opinion however.
    He might be the #4 here but his talents are higher then a #4. Would you pay Cliff Lee #3 money or pay him the #1 money he is worth? You pay for talent, not where they are slated to play.

I like Fister #2 and Max #3 so the hitters dont get to face 95+mph fastball on back to back nights.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    I'm torn on this guy. How long was he a Tiger? a couple of months. Shouldn't we take care of our own first? Us giving him a fat contract makes it tougher on us to extend guys that deserve it more.
    You can take care of your own when it's time. We have 2 more years of the current core before they start to hit FA. Win the WS in the next 2 year or make deep post season runs and he extra income from that and the tv deal will allow more spending on salary and payroll. Front loading contracts can also help with the end of deals because they are easier to trade off if need be. Tigers just need to be creative.

JV is the only player the FO should be talking long term extension with right now and they should start some ground work with Fister and Max.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    ^And I can't help but feel that we wouldn't have traded for Sanchez if we didn't plan on trying to extend him, which means if we traded for him with the intention of extending him, it must be a plan in conjunction with signing Verlander and Cabrera to long-term deals, right?

Hell, for all any of us knows, they've been sticking money in a bank account from the day we traded for/extended Miggy just so we could extend him again when that first deal is up, and similarly with Verlander and his extension.
    #teamboom4life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    He might be the #4 here but his talents are higher then a #4. Would you pay Cliff Lee #3 money or pay him the #1 money he is worth? You pay for talent, not where they are slated to play.

I like Fister #2 and Max #3 so the hitters dont get to face 95+mph fastball on back to back nights.
    True! Looks like we'll be getting him back so it doesn't matter what he cost I guess. I'm just happy to have him back and interested to see who gets shipped out in a trade which I assume will be Porcello but DD has been known to throw his own curve ball now and again. Could it be Scherzer or Fister?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    True! Looks like we'll be getting him back so it doesn't matter what he cost I guess. I'm just happy to have him back and interested to see who gets shipped out in a trade which I assume will be Porcello but DD has been known to throw his own curve ball now and again. Could it be Scherzer or Fister?
    Scherzer gets you the most return. Not saying that it will happen but Porcello does not return much...you could not get a SS (if that is what you are looking for) for him; probably not for Fister either. Scherzer for Andrus, no doubt.

It would be hard to give up Scherzer...but both the Rangers and the Cubs are listening, I am sure.

vCash
    I imagine we'll front load it a bit to possibly trade later. But I honestly think he still hasn't reached his whole potential. Aren't JV and Sanchez like two of 3 players currently playing that have 3 or more 1 hitters or less? That tells you a bit of how dominant Sanchez can be. And while love Fister and Scherzer I can't see us extending both of them to contracts that they deserve unless we do wind up trading Sanchez. (If he is in fact ours.)
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    5 years, 80M to Detroit.
    #teamboom4life

vCash
    Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Tigers have re-signed RHP Anibal Sanchez to a five-year, $80 million contract.

wow. $80 is a lot but worth it.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    The "fallout" from this will be interesting.

Wonder who gets traded, or if Smyly will just be in AAA.
    #teamboom4life

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast