Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    Porcello is a NL pitcher, he would succeed in the NL and I will continue to say that. We need to bring Sanchez back. Who cares if we have to pay 5 years 75-78m, it'll be worth it. The only thing I'm worried about it the record deal we will give to Verlander as a extension.
    Should trade Porcello to Cincy for Cozart. Verlander isn't signing a record contract so don't need to think of that. He will sign a cheap deal just to stay in Detroit and to give them more money to keep them a winner.

vCash
    Jim Bowden just said sanchez signed with the Cubs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Should trade Porcello to Cincy for Cozart. Verlander isn't signing a record contract so don't need to think of that. He will sign a cheap deal just to stay in Detroit and to give them more money to keep them a winner.
    Wouldn't count on it....Verlander wants to be the best at everything, IMO he'll want to be the highest paid pitcher in baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Jim Bowden just said sanchez signed with the Cubs.

Guess the Cubs were that notorious "mystery team".
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Can not believe he would go to the Cubs. Obviously he's all about the money and not getting a ring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrosB4Hos View Post
    Can not believe he would go to the Cubs. Obviously he's all about the money and not getting a ring.
    Hang on....

FortDetroit posted this in the thread in main "JonHeymanCBS: anibal's agent Gene Mato said he's still talking to other teams. #tigers have been involved all winter, like cubs "

Dunno if that's just "legal" talk, but maybe we aren't out of it yet.
    #teamboom4life

MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    Wouldn't count on it....Verlander wants to be the best at everything, IMO he'll want to be the highest paid pitcher in baseball.
    Do you watch or follow the Tigers at all? Verlander is ALL ABOUT Detroit. He's not your typical superstar that's just in it for the money (Hamilton, Poo-holes, CC, etc.). He's not going to take $5M a year but he's not going to demand 10 years $30M either. Guy loves Detroit and wants to win and spend his whole career as a Tiger. And of course he wants to be the best at everything, what MLB player (especially a great one) wouldn't want to.

By the way, Sanchez isn't signed yet.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...l-sanchez.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Do you watch or follow the Tigers at all? Verlander is ALL ABOUT Detroit. He's not your typical superstar that's just in it for the money (Hamilton, Poo-holes, CC, etc.). He's not going to take $5M a year but he's not going to demand 10 years $30M either. Guy loves Detroit and wants to win and spend his whole career as a Tiger. And of course he wants to be the best at everything, what MLB player (especially a great one) wouldn't want to.

By the way, Sanchez isn't signed yet.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...l-sanchez.html
    All about Detroit? wonder why he lives in Virginia?

Verlander loves Detroit but seems intrigued by free agency

Don't get me wrong...I think he would like to stay in Detroit...but he will be paid well (as he deserves). I expect north of CC's contract...

vCash
    Back on topic, it is being reported by mlbtraderumors via Bob Nightengale, that the Tigers are being given a chance to match the offer. The way it sounds right now is that the Tigers have the cards in their hands as it is also said that he won't give the Cubs a chance to up their offer if Detroit matches theirs.

Interesting. It's all up to Illitch and how much he's willing to shell out. Tough spot to be in. I hope we sign him, but if we don't I am not that worried about it.

vCash
    No way in hell does JV take a team friendly offer. The extension he signed previously could hardly be considered team friendly as it is. JV is not all about Detroit. JV is all about winning. If a team gives him a better chance at winning and a better offer, better believe he is going to take it.

vCash
    We just went to the World Series. If he's about winning he'll stay on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    I kinda wonder if Sanchez really wants to play in Detroit and is actually just trying to figure out if he himself is willing take a little less to play on a winning team.
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    There won't be a decision tonight so time for bed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    We just went to the World Series. If he's about winning he'll stay on this team.
    how we look when he comes off his contract will be a huge factor

vCash
    Boy, this is interesting. Seems as if Sanchez used the Cubbies to get us to up our deal. I think he really wants to stay in Detroit now. 5 years at $15M a pop is a lot, IMO, for Sanchez but if Mr. I is willing to do it and it doesn't effect the extensions to Scherzer and Fister (who I'd much rather have long term than Sanchez) then I say go for it. Then we can move on with trade discussions for Porcello.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast