Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Couple of posts ago I mentioned them. Don't think they are going to go after him after trading for Hanson and signing Blanton. Richards and Williams will fight for #5.
    Perhaps, but that's a pretty weak rotation after Weaver & Wilson in a competitive division, and Wilson is more of a #3 starter for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    That is why it is SO important to sign Sanchez as we could flip Scherzer now...since he would have higher trade value with two years remaining instead of just one. Besides, his value will never be higher than it is right now...Tigers should not make a Boesch mistake.

I agree, Fister will be easier sign.
    You don't "flip" a front-line starter when you're trying to win a WS. IF we sign Sanchez, Porcello is the odd man out.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I would rather have Dickey for two years at 30 million than Sanchez for six years 90 million.Getting tied down to a huge contact with JV's contract coming up after just signing Fielder could hurt.I like having a totally different look in pitchers. And for only two years. Leaves us some flexiability.
    We're not trading anything of value for a 38 year old pitcher, even the Mets won't commit much to him...he's pitched well for a year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I think that you are correct...I misread my article. But give him $26M over 2yrs, sounds good! Knuckleballer at age 38, 39, and last year of deal at 40. No problem. Total cost of the the deal $31M over 3 years, Boesch (doesn't have a spot), Castellanos (who knows), and Crosby (RP).

Besides, you would have to pay that (over $11M per year) for E Jackson and he only pitches a half season.
    See above for Dickey...

I would take Jacksons 4.10 ERA (3-year avg) any day as our #4 starter. Especially at $11M/yr for 2-3 years without costing a draft pick or any prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    You don't "flip" a front-line starter when you're trying to win a WS. IF we sign Sanchez, Porcello is the odd man out.

We're not trading anything of value for a 38 year old pitcher, even the Mets won't commit much to him...he's pitched well for a year and a half.

See above for Dickey...

I would take Jacksons 4.10 ERA (3-year avg) any day as our #4 starter. Especially at $11M/yr for 2-3 years without costing a draft pick or any prospects.
    If Sanchez re-signs then Porcello will probably get traded this year, followed by Scherzer in off-season. Doubt the Tigers will be able to afford him and not sure if he'll be worth his price tag, it's going to be high.

vCash
    If Sanchez re-signs then Porcello will probably get traded this year, followed by Scherzer in off-season. Doubt the Tigers will be able to afford him and not sure if he'll be worth his price tag, it's going to be high.
    We have a 2-year window where we are stacked and should be a WS contending team...highly doubtful Scherzer will be traded. We have an extra $25M this year and $50M/yr there after from the new TV deal. Scherzer wont be cheap, but we'll have the money if we chose.

vCash
    Scherzer has been just as inconsistent and unable to pitch late in games as Porcello, but unlike Porcello, he had a strong month or so and racks up a ton of SO. I think he's more valuable on the market than on the mound right now and I think it would be smart to take advantage of that. Trade Porcello and your trading low.

vCash
    I also think it really depends on what pitcher shows up next year. It isn't a slam dunk he gets big money.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Scherzer has been just as inconsistent and unable to pitch late in games as Porcello, but unlike Porcello, he had a strong month or so and racks up a ton of SO. I think he's more valuable on the market than on the mound right now and I think it would be smart to take advantage of that. Trade Porcello and your trading low.
    Scherzer had 20 quality starts in 2012...1 less than Felix Hernandez, Matt Cain, Cliff Lee, and Jered Weaver.

Porcello 13

vCash
    If sanchez signs. Huge if but hypothetical. Are we comfortable with smyly as our 5th man enough to trade porcello? or should we just go with what we know? He is a very good 5th pitcher in a rotation

vCash
    difference between max and rick is max's sick stuff. He doesn't go late into games because he pitches for the strikeout. Rick doesn't get late into games because he can't pitch a 6th inning without getting into trouble

vCash
    Scherzer had a good stretch but was still inconsistent. I'm just saying the return on Scherzer is likely better and with his inability to work deep in the game, inconsistent play, and injury risk, he'd be a better player to trade now while his value is is high.

vCash
    Scherzer had a good stretch but was still inconsistent. I'm just saying the return on Scherzer is likely better and with his inability to work deep in the game, inconsistent play, and injury risk, he'd be a better player to trade now while his value is is high.
    I know what you're saying...but look at his splits. Scherzer struggled in April and was pretty damn good after that...There is no "inconstancy" there.

What exactly are your expectations from him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    If sanchez signs. Huge if but hypothetical. Are we comfortable with smyly as our 5th man enough to trade porcello? or should we just go with what we know? He is a very good 5th pitcher in a rotation
    I think Smyly will be a good #5 this year, whether we sign Sanchez and trade Porcello or stays as is, and then next year turns into a solid #4. That's why waiting until next year or even the trade deadline would make the most sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by klane079 View Post
    I know what you're saying...but look at his splits. Scherzer struggled in April and was pretty damn good after that...There is no "inconstancy" there.

What exactly are your expectations from him?
    I'd like to see him "pitch" more and "throw" less. I'm not dumping on the guy, I think he's a talented pitcher but think averaging 5.8 innings or racking up high pitch counts on that delivery are issues. Plus his long term outlook is questionable given his expected haul in FA. I would like to know what kind of long term value or positional value we can get now.

vCash
    Well i would say it's down to us and the Rangers to sign sanchez. Angels just signed Hamilton and Red Soxs signed Dempster so both of them should be out on Sanchez.

vCash
    Porcello is a NL pitcher, he would succeed in the NL and I will continue to say that. We need to bring Sanchez back. Who cares if we have to pay 5 years 75-78m, it'll be worth it. The only thing I'm worried about it the record deal we will give to Verlander as a extension.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast