Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Fister is a possibility but Max is a Boras client so odds are he hits FA.
    That is why it is SO important to sign Sanchez as we could flip Scherzer now...since he would have higher trade value with two years remaining instead of just one. Besides, his value will never be higher than it is right now...Tigers should not make a Boesch mistake.

I agree, Fister will be easier sign.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    That is why it is SO important to sign Sanchez as we could flip Scherzer now...since he would have higher trade value with two years remaining instead of just one. Besides, his value will never be higher than it is right now...Tigers should not make a Boesch mistake.

I agree, Fister will be easier sign.
    Fister most likely re-signs or gets extended, would be easier I agree and Scherzer will get traded. If he has another good year he's going to want $20M+. Signing Sanchez gives Detroit 3 real solid pitchers and Smyly could be a good #4 once Scherzer is gone. Should give him 4 years with an option. Stables the rotation for the next 4 years so can focus on other pieces. Trade Scherzer for either 4 prospects or an MLB ready player and 2 prospects.

vCash
    kokes, just thinking aloud here...in the event that we cannot get Sanchez why not make a run at Dickey? We have a huge park, he is a perfect contrast to our big power pitchers, he is a veteran presence, the Mets were rumored to at least be interested in Boesch a couple of weeks ago (of course more will have to be added to the trade package) and based on how badly the Mets have handled Dickey...should not cost a fortune in trade/not to mention he is seeking 3 years $28-$30M...most knucklers never do.

I know Dickey is not the sexiest of SP names out there but a rotation of Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Dickey, Porcello, and Smyly is good and obviously you could easily trade one of (Scherzer, Porcello, or Smyly)...just a thought.

vCash
    kokes, just thinking aloud here...in the event that we cannot get Sanchez why not make a run at Dickey? We have a huge park, he is a perfect contrast to our big power pitchers, he is a veteran presence, the Mets were rumored to at least be interested in Boesch a couple of weeks ago (of course more will have to be added to the trade package) and based on how badly the Mets have handled Dickey...should not cost a fortune in trade/not to mention he is seeking 3 years $28-$30M...most knucklers never do.

I know Dickey is not the sexiest of SP names out there but a rotation of Verlander, Fister, Scherzer, Dickey, Porcello, and Smyly is good and obviously you could easily trade one of (Scherzer, Porcello, or Smyly)...just a thought.
    They want 2 high end draft picks/young controllable MLB talent. After what TB got for Sheilds/Wade it will be hard to move them off this demand. So think NC and Garcia. No thanks

vCash
    I would rather have Dickey for two years at 30 million than Sanchez for six years 90 million.Getting tied down to a huge contact with JV's contract coming up after just signing Fielder could hurt.I like having a totally different look in pitchers. And for only two years. Leaves us some flexiability.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    They want 2 high end draft picks/young controllable MLB talent. After what TB got for Sheilds/Wade it will be hard to move them off this demand. So think NC and Garcia. No thanks
    What if it was Boesch, Castellanos, and Crosby?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    I would rather have Dickey for two years at 30 million than Sanchez for six years 90 million.Getting tied down to a huge contact with JV's contract coming up after just signing Fielder could hurt.I like having a totally different look in pitchers. And for only two years. Leaves us some flexiability.
    I think in this market one would imagine that the reigning NL Cy Young winner would command a high annual salary...but in Dickey's case, due to age and pitching style, I think the price is somewhere around $8M per season for 2-3yrs. I agree with Jack...minimize long term deals.

vCash
    I think in this market one would imagine that the reigning NL Cy Young winner would command a high annual salary...but in Dickey's case, due to age and pitching style, I think the price is somewhere around $8M per season for 2-3yrs. I agree with Jack...minimize long term deals.
    Try more like $13-15 million per over 2-3 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Try more like $13-15 million per over 2-3 years
    I think that you are correct...I misread my article. But give him $26M over 2yrs, sounds good! Knuckleballer at age 38, 39, and last year of deal at 40. No problem. Total cost of the the deal $31M over 3 years, Boesch (doesn't have a spot), Castellanos (who knows), and Crosby (RP).

Besides, you would have to pay that (over $11M per year) for E Jackson and he only pitches a half season.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-12-2012 at 02:38 PM.

vCash
    I would trade for him but giving up Castellanos seems a little much to me, just think if we're going to deal him it should be for more than a 3 year rental. I also wouldn't want to deal Smyly for him, any other prospects though let the Mets have their pick(s). I would still want Sanchez back even if we traded for and extended Dickey, then we could use Scherzer and Porcello as trade bait to sure up the pen and SS.

Rotation
    Verlander-Dickey-Sanchez-Fister-Smyly

Very nice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I would trade for him but giving up Castellanos seems a little much to me, just think if we're going to deal him it should be for more than a 3 year rental. I also wouldn't want to deal Smyly for him, any other prospects though let the Mets have their pick(s). I would still want Sanchez back even if we traded for and extended Dickey, then we could use Scherzer and Porcello as trade bait to sure up the pen and SS.

Rotation
    Verlander-Dickey-Sanchez-Fister-Smyly

Very nice
    Maybe you are right on Castellanos, but for me to get a veteran Cy Young award winner who knows how to pitch, is durable, eats innings, and most of all is a knuckleballer to go with all of our power arms...I trade our best prospect for that.

vCash

I wouldn't give up anything more than Berry and Crosby for him. He had a fantastic year but do you really think he'll be able to repeat? I know knuckleballers age better and their arms aren't a worry but I had enough of seeing knuckleballs in Detroit with Steve Sparks. I basically just don't think he'll be consistently that good or close to. Could be wrong.

vCash
    Maybe you are right on Castellanos, but for me to get a veteran Cy Young award winner who knows how to pitch, is durable, eats innings, and most of all is a knuckleballer to go with all of our power arms...I trade our best prospect for that.
    No way trade Castellanos for him, or Garcia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    I wouldn't give up anything more than Berry and Crosby for him. He had a fantastic year but do you really think he'll be able to repeat? I know knuckleballers age better and their arms aren't a worry but I had enough of seeing knuckleballs in Detroit with Steve Sparks. I basically just don't think he'll be consistently that good or close to. Could be wrong.
    If that is all it took, I think that we would all be up for that trade. I know that I would.

I hear what you are saying about Dickey, but I think CoPa sets up very well for his style, as does the rest of our starting rotation.

vCash
    If that is all it took, I think that we would all be up for that trade. I know that I would.

I hear what you are saying about Dickey, but I think CoPa sets up very well for his style, as does the rest of our starting rotation.
    It would take a lot more than that I'm sure, but that's all I'd give. He would be OK in Comerica if he had a strong defense, the AL would probably hit him a lot better.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast