Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    i think if we dont get sanchez then we sink that money into someone like michael bourne or possibly hamilton, but only like a 3-4 year deal. we will see what happens? i do hope we get sanchez though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitfans#1 View Post
    i think if we dont get sanchez then we sink that money into someone like michael bourne or possibly hamilton, but only like a 3-4 year deal. we will see what happens? i do hope we get sanchez though.
    I think neither Bourne nor Hamilton are interested in a 3-4 year deals

vCash
    The Tigers have no plans to re-sign Anibal Sanchez at the current time.

Detroit wanted to find a good bat and corner outfielder in free agency. They have already signed Torii Hunter to fill both needs.

"We'll see where other things take us," Dave Dombrowski said. "If we end up with this major move (Hunter) being our major move of the winter, I would be very happy."

Sanchez was 4-6 with a 3.74 ERA in 12 regular-season starts for the Tigers.

Read more: http://baseball.******.com/src_wiret...#ixzz2CbSX3ZBP

I like that they don't seem willing to just hand a player a contract that is obviously too much money like they have in the past, even with Hunter they did this, but if they don't make another major move I will not be happy with this offseason.

vCash
    Let Sanchez walk and get someone better at the mid season trade deadline

vCash
    I would rather just sign a guy like Edwin Jackson now rather than give up prospects for a rental mid-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_English_D View Post
    Let Sanchez walk and get someone better at the mid season trade deadline
    That's fine!! Just as long as Turner doesn't blossom in 2013.

vCash
    Makes no sense in getting in a bidding war for a 4th-5th starter

vCash
    Makes no sense in getting in a bidding war for a 4th-5th starter
    LMFAO!
    If we trade for a 4th or 5th starter in July, guess what, we will be in a bidding war, just with prospects instead of money, and in all likelyhood we will lose that player we traded for yet again.

I'm not saying we HAVE to pay Sanchez $15 million per over 6 years, but trading prospects every summer to fill a hole in the rotation isn't a sustainable option, especially with our farm system. Also, how much do you think we are going to have to pay for Scherzer and Fister soon? We might have to pay them closer to $20 million per each in a couple years, then all of a sudden Sanchez at $15 million per is looking a lot better isn't it?

One of those 3 has to go, we could let Sanchez walk now, or we could sign him at 6yrs $90 million, and then trade either Fister or Scherzer before they are due a big payday. Sanchez is the most proven of the 3, and will IMO be the cheapest. On top of that, we would get something signifigant in return for trading one of the other guys, kind of a no-brainer.

The other options include signing Edwin Jackson like I mentioned before, or maybe trading Verlander for a kings ransom instead of paying him $25-30 million soon.

9. 11-18-2012, 05:16 PM
    Reason
    Uncalled for

10. 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
    Reason
    Uncalled for

vCash
    awwwww did i hurt someones feelings? LMAO poor baby... Go tattle tail to your daddy

vCash
    awwwww did i hurt someones feelings? LMAO poor baby... Go tattle tail to your daddy
    I didn't even get to see your responses kid, obviously they weren't baseball related so I guess that means i'm right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    LMFAO!
    If we trade for a 4th or 5th starter in July, guess what, we will be in a bidding war, just with prospects instead of money, and in all likelyhood we will lose that player we traded for yet again.

I'm not saying we HAVE to pay Sanchez $15 million per over 6 years, but trading prospects every summer to fill a hole in the rotation isn't a sustainable option, especially with our farm system. Also, how much do you think we are going to have to pay for Scherzer and Fister soon? We might have to pay them closer to $20 million per each in a couple years, then all of a sudden Sanchez at $15 million per is looking a lot better isn't it?

One of those 3 has to go, we could let Sanchez walk now, or we could sign him at 6yrs $90 million, and then trade either Fister or Scherzer before they are due a big payday. Sanchez is the most proven of the 3, and will IMO be the cheapest. On top of that, we would get something signifigant in return for trading one of the other guys, kind of a no-brainer.

The other options include signing Edwin Jackson like I mentioned before, or maybe trading Verlander for a kings ransom instead of paying him $25-30 million soon.
    JV will not look for that type of contract.
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    JV will not look for that type of contract.
    How do you know though, are you expecting a huge hometown discount?

vCash
    How do you know though, are you expecting a huge hometown discount?
    I'd expect 20-23 million but he isn't getting 25-30.

About trading him, you'd piss off a whole fan base. We aren't the Marlins or Royals. We don't trade guys just to save money...
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    I'd expect 20-23 million but he isn't getting 25-30.

About trading him, you'd piss off a whole fan base. We aren't the Marlins or Royals. We don't trade guys just to save money...
    I'm not suggesting we do it, just saying it was another option.

As for his next contract, unless he gives the Tigers a big discount, he will be making $25+ million per. Santana and CC made over $23 million last year, Lee, Verlander, Halladay and possibly more guys made over $20 million, Greinke will likely average over $20 million as well, with the way salaries go up every year in baseball, I just don't see how he doesn't expect that type of deal.

vCash
    The Tigers have no plans to re-sign Anibal Sanchez at the current time.

Detroit wanted to find a good bat and corner outfielder in free agency. They have already signed Torii Hunter to fill both needs.

"We'll see where other things take us," Dave Dombrowski said. "If we end up with this major move (Hunter) being our major move of the winter, I would be very happy."

Sanchez was 4-6 with a 3.74 ERA in 12 regular-season starts for the Tigers.

Read more: http://baseball.******.com/src_wiret...#ixzz2CbSX3ZBP

I like that they don't seem willing to just hand a player a contract that is obviously too much money like they have in the past, even with Hunter they did this, but if they don't make another major move I will not be happy with this offseason.
    Your link is broken and incorrect. The Tigers are very much so interested in resigning Sanchez for the right price....

Is the next priority attempting to retain right-hander Anibal Sanchez?

"We've said all along if Porcello and Smyly are in the rotation, we'd be fine with that," Dombrowski said. "We'll see what happens."

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast