Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash
    I would pay him $15 mil for 4 years with a club option for a 5th. I might go as high as $16 mil per, but not higher. He's young too, so it's not like he is in his 30s with a ton of milage. It also allows us to trade Porcello or leave Smyly in the minors incase of an injury. It also gives us another year to evaluate Fister and Max to see if they are worth keeping long term.

edit: Remember, pitching and defense wins championships. We just witnessed that first hand.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Ahoda is spot on. Pitching and defense wins championships...offense puts the butts in seats. Sanchez is worth the money (somewhere between 12-15 per season), besides, it is not your money...let Mr Illitch spend it.

We don't need Hamilton, his contract, his broken body, his stints on the DL, his beer binges, and his free swinging tendencies...

Peralta needs to get moved...I would rather see Worth there than Peralta next year. Think Crawford in the World Series here.

Bottom line, the Tigers already have all of the superstars necessary (Cabrera, Fielder, V-Mart, and eventually Jackson)...spend the free agent money on pitching and solidifying the defense.

vCash
    I don't mind giving him somewhere in the 12/year range either, but 7 years/100 is way too much for him to ask for. His numbers are nowhere near that good even though he finished the season and the playoffs on a high note. He is asking Ace money for a 4th starter...kind of unreasonable. If someone does give it to him, well, more power to him. But realistically, he should be getting a 4 or 5 year deal, worth maybe 60 or 70 with maybe some incentive bonuses and maybe an escape clause. I think maybe i'm still a little NL pitcher shy after the whole Dontrelle debacle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by melissag View Post
    I don't mind giving him somewhere in the 12/year range either, but 7 years/100 is way too much for him to ask for. His numbers are nowhere near that good even though he finished the season and the playoffs on a high note. He is asking Ace money for a 4th starter...kind of unreasonable. If someone does give it to him, well, more power to him. But realistically, he should be getting a 4 or 5 year deal, worth maybe 60 or 70 with maybe some incentive bonuses and maybe an escape clause. I think maybe i'm still a little NL pitcher shy after the whole Dontrelle debacle.
    He's not really a 4th starter though. He would easily be a number 2 on a lot of teams. You pay somebody according to their talent not by where they compare with others on your own team.
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rellime View Post
    He's not really a 4th starter though. He would easily be a number 2 on a lot of teams. You pay somebody according to their talent not by where they compare with others on your own team.
    Agreed, but I still think he's worth 12 maybe 13 million per year though
    Last edited by mexalcahuete101; 11-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.

vCash
    Yeah I agree with that range. But I think he'll average 15 a year.
    Isaiah 40:30-31

vCash
    Anibal pitched well in his short time with our team. No way we offer him that so I wish him the best of luck. His efforts helped us make the playoffs and world series.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rellime View Post
    he's had 2 winning seasons in his 7 years in the majors, only the last 3 years has he pitched a full ML season, and he's only had 1 of those seasons with a winning record. His career ERA is 3.75. The only way he is a number 2 starter on any roster is if they have a terrible staff. I will say he pitched well in the playoffs for us, but really he's not a consistent enough pitcher to earn a number 2 spot on a roster. He just got hot at the right time and teams will remember the last 5 starts he had. He was barely capable of going 6 innings for the most part. Look at his stats, really nothing there worth calling him nothing more than a 4th starter.

vCash
    He's got #2 starter stuff, and it looked to me like he finally put things together. He's as much of a #2 as Scherzer is.

vCash
    I disagree. He is NOT a # 2 or # 3 starter. If we can get him for 3 years at 12-13 per I would go for it. Anything more years or money in my opinion is a mistake. I would rather find another starter , bullpen and some bench help with that kind of money. If need be as much as I don't want Porcello in that # 4 spot I would rather use him and put 12-13 million in our other weak spots.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    he's had 2 winning seasons in his 7 years in the majors, only the last 3 years has he pitched a full ML season, and he's only had 1 of those seasons with a winning record. His career ERA is 3.75. The only way he is a number 2 starter on any roster is if they have a terrible staff. I will say he pitched well in the playoffs for us, but really he's not a consistent enough pitcher to earn a number 2 spot on a roster. He just got hot at the right time and teams will remember the last 5 starts he had. He was barely capable of going 6 innings for the most part. Look at his stats, really nothing there worth calling him nothing more than a 4th starter.
    I forgot that wins and losses determines if a pitcher is good or not. I mean, those Marlins teams were so awesome and he was just so awful. Doug Fister has a career record of 30-41. He's garbage. He should be cut. Sanchez has better career numbers then Porcello and pretty much even with Max. He's also been consistent unlike Max.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    I forgot that wins and losses determines if a pitcher is good or not. I mean, those Marlins teams were so awesome and he was just so awful. Doug Fister has a career record of 30-41. He's garbage. He should be cut. Sanchez has better career numbers then Porcello and pretty much even with Max. He's also been consistent unlike Max.
    I never said he wasn't good, just not 7 years/$100 mil great. He's not a number 2 starter. His avg start is 6 innings, your number 2 guy should be going 7 most of the time. Your number 2 guy should be just a step down from your ace, with the potential to look like an ace, just not as consistently. Yes, he pitched well, actually pretty darn good in the playoffs, but his first few starts had some people scratching their heads as to why he was here. I'm not saying his record is everything, but it does account for something. A great pitcher can still put up a winning season on a losing team. We don't need a number 2 guy or a number 3 guy, so why would we pay for one to get a number 4 guy?

vCash
    Sanchez could be a #2 starter on just over half-the-teams in MLB.

The numbers that players like Sanchez, Bourn, Swisher...etc.. are pursuing, is not going to happen.

vCash
    I never said he wasn't good, just not 7 years/$100 mil great. He's not a number 2 starter. His avg start is 6 innings, your number 2 guy should be going 7 most of the time. Your number 2 guy should be just a step down from your ace, with the potential to look like an ace, just not as consistently. Yes, he pitched well, actually pretty darn good in the playoffs, but his first few starts had some people scratching their heads as to why he was here. I'm not saying his record is everything, but it does account for something. A great pitcher can still put up a winning season on a losing team. We don't need a number 2 guy or a number 3 guy, so why would we pay for one to get a number 4 guy?
    Actually, we do need a #2 and/or #3 guy. Fister was hurt majority of 2012 and Max is highly inconsistent. Sanchez is consistent and has the upside of a #2. And people need to stop thinking that Sanchez is a #4 pitcher, because you pay for talent. Do you think the Phillies are Paying Lee for being a #3? Nope. They pay him for the ace level talent that he is. And I do agree that he should get a 7yr deal nor $100 mill either. No pitcher should ever be given a 7 year deal. A 4 or 5 year deal is ideal for $60-70 mill is ideal imo.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    With Verlander and Cabrera due extensions very soon and Scherzer,Fister and Porcello getting possible extentions also. I don't see how we could afford more then a 3 yr deal with Sanchez. I think after the 2013 season we are gonna have a lot of tough decisions to make concerning payroll.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast