Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anibal Sanchez

vCash

Anibal Sanchez

Anibal Sanchez is a great pitcher... But he has asked teams for $100 million dollars over 7 years and $90 mil over 6 years. He pitched like an ace while he was with us. But he hasn't pitched like this before in his career. If we being back Sanchez I say no more than 3 years 35 mil. If we're going to give him ace money I want to be sure he can pitch consistently like that, and consistently pitch like an ace.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by chaldodenha1115; 11-09-2012 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    My only thoughts are that Dombrowski won't pay more than three years to a #4 starter.

So with the arrival of Anibal's new contract demands, I now consider him an ex-Tiger..... a goner.

It's time to move-on. I only hope we have a quality prospect starter to serve when/if one of our starters get hurt in 2013. I am hoping it's Casey Crosby. I want to see two lefties in our rotation someday.

vCash
    Bye bye Anibal. Good luck with your new team.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Bye bye Anibal. Good luck with your new team.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Just to be clear, we basically flushed our #1 pitching prospect to "rent" Mr. Sanchez for 3 months. Sorry, but I don't consider Infante as enough value to make that trade alone.

vCash
    Those are chces you take when you are trying to win it all. There are plenty of Turner type pitchers out there. I'm happy we made that trade and would do it again.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Goodbye Anibal.

Honestly however, I don't see Turner ever being more than an average end ot the rotation guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Those are chces you take when you are trying to win it all. There are plenty of Turner type pitchers out there. I'm happy we made that trade and would do it again.
    In another year or two, there may be few like Turner. He finished the 2012 season on an upswing. He still has another 4-5 years of upside, prior to entering his prime seasons.

I'm not saying Turner will be an upper-tier starter for years to come. I'm just saying it's way-too-early to say there are many more just like him in MLB or MILB.

vCash
    Turner is in the middle of Fister and Porcello. Fister only does well because he can strike batters out and doesn't rely on defense like Porcello and Turner do. I'd do that deal we made 10-10 times. It got us to the WS.

Porcello should go to an NL club and I think he would be a #3 and may even have a couple years where he pitches like a #2 as long as he had above average defense behind.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Porcello's ERA drops a couple pennies below 4, on a team with above average infield defense.

He's a bad fit to be surrounded by the likes of bumbling glovers Omar and Fielder..... together on the field with no range Cabrera and Peralta.... Fielder also.

Fielder has multiple knocks. He needs to DH when Martinez departs.... or lose 30-40 lbs.

vCash
    Doesn't matter how much Fielder weighs, putting a glove in his hand is never a good idea.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I'd rather spend the money on Hamilton and just be the best offensive team in baseball instead of signing a #4 starter at 15m per season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Porcello's ERA drops a couple pennies below 4, on a team with above average infield defense.

He's a bad fit to be surrounded by the likes of bumbling glovers Omar and Fielder..... together on the field with no range Cabrera and Peralta.... Fielder also.

Fielder has multiple knocks. He needs to DH when Martinez departs.... or lose 30-40 lbs.
    Am I the only one who thinks Porcello would be a pretty decent #3 on a NL team?

I wonder if Fielder would actually attempt to lose any weight while in a Tigers uniform. Miguel did it and I know their friendship is deep enough if Miguel suggested to Fielder to consider going through the same thing he did, he wouldn't say no.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Algmuskrats View Post
    I'd rather spend the money on Hamilton and just be the best offensive team in baseball instead of signing a #4 starter at 15m per season.
    That's the problem. He's getting paid for his talents. He might be the 3rd or 4th best starting pitcher on the team, but he's still a #1 or #2 on most teams. It's not like we are paying Porcello or Smyly $15 mill per season.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    That's the problem. He's getting paid for his talents. He might be the 3rd or 4th best starting pitcher on the team, but he's still a #1 or #2 on most teams. It's not like we are paying Porcello or Smyly $15 mill per season.
    That's true, ahoda. Would you pay him the 15m per year? I wish he would give us some kind of discount of even 12m per year knowing the possibilities this team has for next season with VMart coming back.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast