Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Miggy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,274
    vCash
    4625

    Miggy

    So they posted Miggy's stats through the first 42 games of this year and last year. Needless to say, this year's number are far superior. Can't quite remember the exact numbers that they showed but I think i'm fairly close. What are the chances he grabs another Triple Crown? Only Ted Williams and Roger Hornsby accomplished such feat.

    2012
    .308/8/37

    2013
    .387/11/47

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,702
    vCash
    500
    And nobody has done it back to back

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,252
    vCash
    1524
    Chances are probably on the low side because it's just so darn hard. He won't have trouble with being number one in runs batted in. He'll also probably end up with a top two average... But he's only hit 40 home runs once. And that was last year. I don't know if he'll do that again.

    That being said, he's been in the triple crown hunt for the last 4 years. Every single year he puts up numbers like this. If anyone can do it, it's gonna be him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,252
    vCash
    1524

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,344
    vCash
    1500
    I think I heard somewhere that no one who won a triple crown finished the next year even leading two categories in the triple crown, and Miggy has a great chance of doing that with average and RBI's.
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    64,664
    vCash
    2300
    If anyone can do it it's Miggy. I don't know if he'll be able to do it but I wouldn't put it past him. With the way Jackson and Hunter have gotten on base, Miggy is going to have RBI chances a plenty.

    I do agree however homers will be a bit difficult to get.



    Catches: 8 Yards: 80 TDs: 1

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,702
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    If anyone can do it it's Miggy. I don't know if he'll be able to do it but I wouldn't put it past him. With the way Jackson and Hunter have gotten on base, Miggy is going to have RBI chances a plenty.

    I do agree however homers will be a bit difficult to get.
    This reminds me, did anyone hear the estimated distance of HR #1 last night? Seriously that had to be at least 430

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,274
    vCash
    4625
    I believe they said 441?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,702
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I believe they said 441?
    Wow

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,344
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    I believe they said 441?
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Wow
    Even better.

    "Cabrera, the reigning American League Most Valuable Player singled to left off Texas starter Derek Holland in the first inning, then hammered a three-run, 453-foot blast to right-center in the third. He hit a solo shot in the fifth and was intentionally walked to load the bases in the sixth. He hit another solo homer in the eighth."

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_det&c_id=det
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    15,702
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    Even better.

    "Cabrera, the reigning American League Most Valuable Player singled to left off Texas starter Derek Holland in the first inning, then hammered a three-run, 453-foot blast to right-center in the third. He hit a solo shot in the fifth and was intentionally walked to load the bases in the sixth. He hit another solo homer in the eighth."

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_det&c_id=det
    lol omg what a beast

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    966
    vCash
    1500
    its definitely possible, but as has been said above, its most likely the HR that he will miss out on. Would be helpful if Prince would start hitting better. Seeing Prince hit that 3R double after they intentionally walked Cabrera was a wonderful thing.

    If I were a betting man, I would bet against a consecutive triple crown.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    562
    vCash
    1500
    How about he doesn't win a triple crown but the Tigers win the World Series!!!!!!!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    966
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Harwell View Post
    How about he doesn't win a triple crown but the Tigers win the World Series!!!!!!!!
    I think he would probably prefer this scenario.
    And so would we!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    he's too baseball smart and too much of a team player to hit enough dingers to lead the league. he swings for a clutch base hit when runners are on, not the fences. It's like he hits homers on accident because he's just too strong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •