Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It was a small plane. It was back in... 81, I think? 82 at the latest. He, my great grandma (his grandma), his dad, and a friend of theirs that's a pilot were flying from the STL area I believe back out to the LA area, I think they were bringing my great grandma out to see me cause I had been born not long before that. Anyway, they get into the mountains of Arizona, near Flagstaff, hit crazy winds I believe, and the plane goes down in a forested area. My grandpa (dad's dad) had his chest crushed by the instrument panel (he was sitting in the other front seat next to the pilot) and died instantly, and my great grandma was thrown from plane, hit a tree, and died instantly.

My dad was also thrown, but landed safely on the ground. His left arm was all jacked up, the bones of his elbow were literally just hanging out and visible (ironically, he was left handed too), and even 20+ years later he couldn't straighten his left arm out all the way.

Anyway, he pulled the pilot out of the plane, put out a small brush fire that had started, and then walked like two or three miles to a bar in the middle of nowhere to call for help. He spent like two weeks in the hospital or something crazy like that, and some rehab time out of the hospital too. The pilot was all messed up, I think he had a couple permanent injuries and walked with a limp for the rest of his life. It's kind of crazy to think that if he'd just taken either of the other two seats, I'd have never know him, and never had a little sister (or at least not the one I have). As it is, I don't have a single memory of my grandpa, and my great grandma never saw me.
    Thats incredible, and yet heart wrenching at the same time.

Wow.

Glad your dad made it.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cnn/?hpt=hp_t2

too funny...yeah, its not political.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...cnn/?hpt=hp_t2

too funny...yeah, its not political.....
    WTF??? He needed to be there. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Dear lord. Think something is up with McCain? This was a big boo-boo from a politics standpoint... and from a standpoint of what John McCain has come to stand for. This gives the impression that there has been a lot of political grandstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    Pat's,

I am sincerely concerned (this is not sarcasm) about Senator McCain. While he and I see the world from different perspectives, he has shown (during non political contest times) great character. I fear that he is still carrying around a personal hatred based in his Presidential bid and subsequent loss.

He should have been in the closed door meeting, and at a minimum, should have been embarrassed to have missed it. I have missed important appointments in my life, so I get missing one. In this case, he is making no sense.

Dr Rice had no line responsibility in what happened in Libya. He is holding her responsible for it. You can make an argument that she was wrong, or even dissembling, but she is the UN ambassador.

I am not able to make sense of this.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure he's senile, and has been for a few years.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetluver View Post
    Pat's,

I am sincerely concerned (this is not sarcasm) about Senator McCain. While he and I see the world from different perspectives, he has shown (during non political contest times) great character. I fear that he is still carrying around a personal hatred based in his Presidential bid and subsequent loss.

He should have been in the closed door meeting, and at a minimum, should have been embarrassed to have missed it. I have missed important appointments in my life, so I get missing one. In this case, he is making no sense.

Dr Rice had no line responsibility in what happened in Libya. He is holding her responsible for it. You can make an argument that she was wrong, or even dissembling, but she is the UN ambassador.

I am not able to make sense of this.
    Yeah I feel similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    In essence, it makes no sense. This was an opportunity for McCain to follow through on something he has publicly been very harsh on. Maybe he is losing it. God knows he wouldn't be the only one. Leahy's staff has been leading him around for a few years now.

As for Rice, she seems to have just parroted what she was told in terms of her network run after 9/11, and subsequent speech to the UN. I would ahve hoped that she would ahve, with her job credentials, ahd the presence of mind to ask a basic question, like "Why would an impromptu mob be running around with RPGs and be equipped with mortars, that doesn't sound like an impromptu mob to me". But we'll see how this all shapes up now.

vCash
    Latest news: Turns out Rice was using DECLASSIFIED TALKING POINTS APPROVED BY THE CIA.
    most are now figuring out what some of us were saying a month ago, you dont give out all the info becasue you want to catch the bad guys slipping, you want them comfortable so they make mistakes....that idea went down the drain ina an effort to find "dirt" on the O admin...not cool.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789